Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Rogue Drones are drones that operate outside of human control, pursuing some mysterious goal of their own?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Erry Day Jamyl Trollin DED  (Read 11618 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Erry Day Jamyl Trollin DED
« Reply #45 on: 04 Jun 2015, 14:18 »

Oh, I perfectly get the Minmatar.

The fact that they care for their kin to no end, and that any rational civilized society anyway wouldn't send thousands of crew to sudden death "just to make a statement", though, is what breaks suspension of disbelief for me. All the Midular arc was one of the worst they did to my eyes, right after TEA. And not just because I liked Midular.

Shal Novastorm

• Wetgraver
« Reply #46 on: 04 Jun 2015, 15:24 »

Yea I don't understand how 'family and tribe first' gels with 'death mission of massive crewed ships just to make a statement

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #47 on: 04 Jun 2015, 19:42 »

We are veering off of topic but IMO Colelie was fairly silly on just about all fronts.

I realize they have to shoe-horn some of these plots around things that can happen in space, but watching a ton of matari dreads suicide in that particular way was poorly done.   It reminded me of the time all those shield-tanked blood raider ships got lolwrecked for a smaller event. 

Back to Jamyl, now that patch is out have there been any new goings on in game or news feeds about ze drifters and such?

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
« Reply #48 on: 09 Jun 2015, 02:15 »

I realize they have to shoe-horn some of these plots around things that can happen in space, but watching a ton of matari dreads suicide in that particular way was poorly done.

As opposed to ton of both Gallente and Minmatar NPCs suiciding themselves against capsuleers in missions since the appearance of capsuleers?  :psyccp: At least this time they had a chance.
« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2015, 02:18 by Leopold Caine »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #49 on: 09 Jun 2015, 06:08 »

Naglfars at zero on Moroses is anything but "having a chance".
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #50 on: 09 Jun 2015, 10:03 »

Also :NPCs: in general. They're best not to look at unless you want to tear your hair out. We tend to have an expectation of more logic when there's an actual human at the controls, though.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #51 on: 09 Jun 2015, 16:12 »

The weird thing is: There is a real human controlling those NPCs decisions...

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #52 on: 09 Jun 2015, 16:13 »

The weird thing is: There is a real human controlling those NPCs decisions...

I believe that is what he just said captain.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #53 on: 09 Jun 2015, 16:20 »

Yeah, sorry. I meant, we can generally look away from the actions of purely code-based NPCs in things like missions, since they behave so illogically it's not even worth trying to rationalize them.

But, at live events when there is an actual dev behind the actor accounts, we expect a higher degree of intelligence.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #54 on: 09 Jun 2015, 16:34 »

Yeah, sorry. I meant, we can generally look away from the actions of purely code-based NPCs in things like missions, since they behave so illogically it's not even worth trying to rationalize them.

But, at live events when there is an actual dev behind the actor accounts, we expect a higher degree of intelligence.

I think it's more like "tomorrow afternoon I need....(looks around at least busy programmers who might not play the game much) you 6 people to stay late after work and do a live event thing, we'll have ships fitted for you and I'll fleet warp all of you."

I donts wants to stays late, I has the beer to drink

Yea me either! The beer!

Fine, I'll.... quadruple box half of the event *ugh*

:P

Lyn Farel

« Reply #55 on: 10 Jun 2015, 01:39 »

or they just drank the beer at the same time to maximize efficiency.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #56 on: 10 Aug 2015, 18:15 »

or they just drank the beer at the same time to maximize efficiency.

I would really not be surprised by this xD

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #57 on: 14 Aug 2015, 14:08 »

Perfect piece of news ICly, will definitely help me further my agendas.

* Lyn half-smirking while holding a cigar in one hand and petting her fluffy white cat sitting in her lap with the other hand.

omg that is so perfect lol

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #58 on: 14 Aug 2015, 14:11 »

So what skill do I have to train to fit these CONCORD shield extenders to my Caracal?

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Kador Ouryon

• History's Greatest Meatshield
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #59 on: 16 Aug 2015, 17:50 »

So what skill do I have to train to fit these CONCORD shield extenders to my Caracal?

Dev-hacks IV?
"We ripped up the ending and the rules...and cast aside destiny...leaving nothing for us but an endless cycle of death and rebirth. Which is all well and good, except... Well, what if I've made the wrong choice? I have faith that it wasn't.....but how am I supposed to know? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you my story.Let me tell you everything."
- [name redacted] Truest Adamance
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]