Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "Perfection ain't all it's cracked up to be" is an Angel Cartel saying? (Region Description)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Erry Day Jamyl Trollin DED  (Read 11624 times)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
Re: Erry Day Jamyl Trollin DED
« Reply #15 on: 29 May 2015, 17:24 »

I think it's quite reasonable to reserve the designation of 'core Amarrian belief' to beliefs that are at least shared by all Amarr that aren't heretics or apostates.

Even for royalty it's not at all clear that the 'not having clones' belief is directly following from Scripture, by the way: It is following from the Sacred Flesh doctrine which says directly that the flesh of royalty is sacred. The restriction against the cloning of any member of a royal family is not part of the doctrine itself, but taken to be a consequence of the doctrine.

So, it might be a belief found amongst Amarr that Amarr generally ought not have clones: But that's far from being a core Amarrian belief, which really implies that it's universally held amongst Amarr. And not only that, but furthermore that it is a belief at the core of the beliefs shared by all Amarr, which indicates that other beliefs are derived from it, rather than the other way around. It is arguably neither.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2015, 17:28 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #16 on: 29 May 2015, 17:29 »

Alright, thank you for the clarification.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #17 on: 29 May 2015, 19:52 »

I find it interesting that it was the Caldari (presumably on behalf of Lai Dai) and the Galletne objecting. First, because if the Gallente are objecting to somethign the Amarr did why not the Minmatar (unless I missed it?) and second because it hints at what might lead to 4 way FW if we start to see fractures between the Caldari/Amarr. After all, we know that the Caldari will go to be over their IP.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #18 on: 29 May 2015, 20:20 »

I'd imagine Lai Dai isn't one of the ones objecting. I would expect it's the other megacorps that are opposed to it, as the association of a Caldari corp in a treaty violation scandal makes the rest of the State look bad by association.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #19 on: 29 May 2015, 21:21 »

Well, unless Jamyl paid them, I don't know if Lai Dai would be down with a project that is presumably partially owned by them being given away for free.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #20 on: 02 Jun 2015, 02:27 »

I find it interesting that it was the Caldari (presumably on behalf of Lai Dai) and the Galletne objecting. First, because if the Gallente are objecting to somethign the Amarr did why not the Minmatar (unless I missed it?) and second because it hints at what might lead to 4 way FW if we start to see fractures between the Caldari/Amarr. After all, we know that the Caldari will go to be over their IP.

Considering the last time the Minmatar Republic got into news they were doing something reactionary and make themselves look bad in the eyes of the cluster, I think they wisely decided to pipe down so as to avoid making themselves look even worse.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #21 on: 02 Jun 2015, 08:16 »

Or, Elmund, the Republic is interested in the technology and would rather acquire it than make a fuss.  The Republic hasn't been shy about ignoring Concord when they feel their autonomy is threatened. The Amarr released this technology due to the threat of invasion. The Republic has been stuck in that mindset since their founding. I think, on this issue the two nations think alike.

Shal Novastorm

• Wetgraver
« Reply #22 on: 02 Jun 2015, 11:13 »

For all their flaws the Republic isn't dumb enough to go 'oh a way to fight against what's likely a coming invasion by a superior force? BUT IT'S FROM AMARR BOOOOOO', they'd rather be alive and free than dead and making a pointless gesture of pouting at a gift.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 02 Jun 2015, 12:49 »

Matari all about grand gestures to make a point.

http://community.eveonline.com/backstory/chronicles/khuumak/

I could totally see them say "Take your shields and stuff it, Empress. We'll take our chances. They only seem interested in you, anyway."

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #24 on: 02 Jun 2015, 21:36 »

Well, that's assuming that objecting is the same as not using the tech. You can bet the Gallente and Caldari will use it. They can just also enjoy being outraged by Jamyl's actions at the same time.

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #25 on: 03 Jun 2015, 06:09 »

Matari all about grand gestures to make a point.

http://community.eveonline.com/backstory/chronicles/khuumak/

I could totally see them say "Take your shields and stuff it, Empress. We'll take our chances. They only seem interested in you, anyway."

In before Elder Fleet 2 figures out that entosis links break down the new shields, orbital strikes Jamyl, and gets away free of any consequences.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 03 Jun 2015, 09:15 »

Speaking of which, I forget what were the actual PF consequences for them blowing up that CONCORD station?

Didn't they pew pew a few hundred thousand people inside the station or something?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 03 Jun 2015, 09:15 »

ELDER FLEET 2: MATARI BOOGALOO

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #28 on: 03 Jun 2015, 11:04 »

Consequences? For the Minmatar? Surely you're joking.

In all seriousness, no, there were absolutely zero consequences for the Republic for that that have been made clear to players, as far as I know.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 03 Jun 2015, 11:13 »

Consequences? For the Minmatar? Surely you're joking.

In all seriousness, no, there were absolutely zero consequences for the Republic for that that have been made clear to players, as far as I know.

Isn't there something in the Yulai accords about if one nation attacks CONCORD or DED they have to all go after the offender or something?

Or am I mixing that up with NATO
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4