Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that ectoplasm (pod goo) is illegal in all empire space except the Minmatar Republic?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Roleplay For Pirates  (Read 4748 times)

Anyanka Funk

• Blood Raider LARPer
  • Clonejack

Sahriah Bloodstone

• Clonejack
Re: Roleplay For Pirates
« Reply #16 on: 29 Oct 2015, 12:51 »

As far as I know, Veto's old bar channel 'The Last Gate' was fairly pirate heavy and welcomed all factions. As it's just started up again, I'd really love to see that channel become the central gathering place for the non-empire factions of EvE to meet up.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #17 on: 29 Oct 2015, 12:58 »

"Pirate" doesn't mean you have anything in common with other "pirates" except for being on the wrong (right?) side of the law. There's still a fuck-ton of different allegiances, philosophies, "rules" and so on. Hell, I'd say there's even less things in common between pirates than there is between various loyalists, not even taking the rivalries into account.

TLG works very well as a place welcoming outlaws and so on, but gathering pirates under a banner? Ain't happenin'. Not really different from any loyalist RP in that regard.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #18 on: 29 Oct 2015, 20:53 »

"Pirate" doesn't mean you have anything in common with other "pirates" except for being on the wrong (right?) side of the law. There's still a fuck-ton of different allegiances, philosophies, "rules" and so on. Hell, I'd say there's even less things in common between pirates than there is between various loyalists, not even taking the rivalries into account.

TLG works very well as a place welcoming outlaws and so on, but gathering pirates under a banner? Ain't happenin'. Not really different from any loyalist RP in that regard.

It's better if the 'corporation' exists as some kind of support organisation for pirates, providing information, helping them fence off their spoils, that sort of thing. Getting pirates to work together as a unified force? Not gonna happen unless something really big is threatening the livelihoods of all the pirates. Helping pirates get their supplies and sell their spoils as well as provide hot tips and information plus mediation services? Why not?
Deep sea fish loves you forever
Pages: 1 [2]