Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Naqam (A Sansha aligned capsuleer corporation) manufactured the Naqam Heavy Bioindustries Ultra Happy Chip™? It was player created - see advertisements on the Eve Wiki!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Dear CCP (revisited)  (Read 17422 times)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
Dear CCP (revisited)
« on: 30 Apr 2015, 14:19 »

Okay, so, I just figured out that the Drifters are probably raiding the Jove Observatories to find evidence of the Other, and are probably in Amarr space looking for it/her (Jamyl), implying that Dam Torsad and maybe Amarr Prime generally may be about to see a political assassination via doomsday device.

As much as I appreciate the hopeful buildup to the final, violent exorcism of the ghost of Tony G and TEA generally, I feel I must point out:

I could maybe have worked out in character that something like that was going on IF I DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW OOC and therefore feel obliged to avoid making IC remarks that could reflect too much of that knowledge.

Next time you're running a multi-year plot, could you please do those of us in the roleplaying and theorycrafting communities a favor and not show us what's behind the curtain, in any context? The metaknowledge is hard to avoid even if we haven't read the books, and the mystery's more fun when we don't already know that Colonel Mustard did it in the Library with the Rogue Artificial Intelligence.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2015, 14:29 by Aria Jenneth »

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
Re: Dear CCP (revisited)
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2015, 15:37 »

To be fair, I'm not sure how anyone would be able to conclude that the Drifters were looking for Jamyl specifically with the knowledge at hand. As far as I see it, nobody could know about the Other besides Jamyl herself, and she certainly hasn't told anyone, right?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2015, 15:51 »

Yes, please to be elaborating?

And Jamyl would deffo have a dust implant onboard right? They'd have to torch everything within range of that? I wonder how many miraculous reincarnations the Amarr populace can have shoved down their throats. "SHE IS RISEN. AGAIN."

Although also there'd be a certain...lol factor to the Amarr getting DD'd by Jovian tech twice in the last few hundred years to debilitating results.   :bear:

In B4 most of the heirs also bite the dust except maybe 2 for nice two-sided civil strife establishment?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2015, 16:02 »

Why would they want to kill the other ? Please not that i'm not aware of much regarding the other...

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2015, 16:04 »

Why would they want to kill the other ? Please not that i'm not aware of much regarding the other...

The Other is a Sleeper virtual supervillain, that recently escaped from a maximum security asylum for the criminally insane.
\o/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2015, 16:14 »

The Other is a Sleeper virtual supervillain, that recently escaped from a maximum security asylum for the criminally insane.

And the drifters are hibernating jove who are VR controlling big ships in real space? Something like that?

Once they give up the ghost (haha) for all of the Jove (Vorlon) monitoring/society shaping, the cat's out of the bag so to speak yea?

Utari Onzo

« Reply #6 on: 30 Apr 2015, 16:53 »

This is actually kinda why I avoid books/chronicals except when I really need to know some lore background stuff my char/s would know. It's both a boon and a bit of a bust I think.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 30 Apr 2015, 17:54 »

As much as I appreciate the hopeful buildup to the final, violent exorcism of the ghost of Tony G and TEA generally, (...)
the mystery's more fun when we don't already know that Colonel Mustard did it in the Library with the Rogue Artificial Intelligence.

Although also there'd be a certain...lol factor to the Amarr getting DD'd by Jovian tech twice in the last few hundred years to debilitating results.   :bear:

Now, what else to expect of CCP story telling, hmn?  :s

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #8 on: 30 Apr 2015, 18:04 »

Or instead of being DD'ed...

They'll simply have the Drifters release the info (or players will find the info) from the observatories that confirms that Jamyl is a clone and has the Other and so on. Triggering the long-expected civil war.

... Yonis for Emperor.

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 30 Apr 2015, 19:56 »

... Yonis for Emperor.

*hides his 'Articio 4 Emperor' banners* Sorry what? :lol:

But on the point of the main thrust I have never read the books where this is mentioned, but I do agree that despite that I was still aware of the plot OOCly and it has been difficult to be sure that what I have Arkon doing doesn't in anyway reflect that OOC knowledge. More so I think than the usual OOC knowledge one would have from other players, as this OOC knowledge is obviously quite loyalty shattering for a character loyal to Amarr because it is CCP PF.

But ultimately I have found ignoring it works well too, just carrying out my little RP with loyalty focused more on an Heir than the Empire broadly speaking. :)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 30 Apr 2015, 20:00 »

Oh boy. So the 'most stable' faction in the cluster gets set up to have a ruler murdered... again.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #11 on: 30 Apr 2015, 20:19 »

Oh boy. So the 'most stable' faction in the cluster gets set up to have a ruler murdered... again.

Stability is boring.

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #12 on: 30 Apr 2015, 20:21 »

Stability is boring.

Leader of the same empire always getting assassinated gets redundant, too. Thus, boring plot line.  :P

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #13 on: 30 Apr 2015, 20:34 »

Which is why I'm hoping it's an information leak instead of an assassination, so Yonis can begin righteous rebellion.

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #14 on: 30 Apr 2015, 20:44 »

Which is why I'm hoping it's an information leak instead of an assassination, so Yonis can begin righteous rebellion.

Yeah, I'll admit that would be far more interesting of a story. The information leak, I mean.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8