Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Boosters are banned because they cause a deadly, incurable brain disease?  Read more here.

Author Topic: Antikythera (sp?) lore thingies  (Read 1450 times)

Lyn Farel

Antikythera (sp?) lore thingies
« on: 29 Apr 2015, 01:48 »

I just wanted to chime in and say that I really enjoyed what they did with the entosis links on jovian observatories. It actually doesn't make us learn (yet ?) anything on the history of New Eden but the implications are nice, numerous, intriguing, and they slowly pull up the veil on things in a rather elegant fashion I find...

Coming from someone that still doesn't like the drifters much as the current nemesis (Sansha were a lot better lore wise imo), but that still likes what lies around, big mad brother watching us from the shadows, etc.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2015, 01:51 by Lyn Farel »

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
Re: Anthykera (sp?) lore thingies
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2015, 12:16 »

Does that mean that when you point an entosis link at an observatory something happens?

Bits fall off? the cloaking field fluctuates? Drifter hordes are summoned?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2015, 13:04 »

From what I gathered it seems to pop up IC logs collected by the towers referring to various important events (or anecdotal) that happened in the cluster.

Edit : here
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2015, 13:32 by Lyn Farel »

Valadeus

« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2015, 16:21 »

It's all pretty awesome to watch. Sadly, like usual, my RL work schedule interferes with my ability to get involved in anything of real significance.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2015, 01:50 »

Well same, when I came back from work everything was already done, but I don't mind much. And even if not I know that there always will be someone refreshing the news every minute and ready to hop in a ship to go scan those things before I ever get aware of them in the first place so...

I have a lot more fun reading and learning about them actually.