Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mordu's Legion was formed of Intakis exiled from the Federation for their support for the Caldari? For more read here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Are your IGS forum likes IC?  (Read 5870 times)

Nissui

Are your IGS forum likes IC?
« on: 25 Apr 2015, 15:51 »

General question for people who read the IGS.

I try to keep all my likes IC, since it is billed as an RP forum. Even though there are plenty of posts I feel deserve support, I hesitate to misconstrue the intent of the like. Not always, but mostly.

Valadeus

Re: Are your IGS forum likes IC?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2015, 17:19 »

Mine are IC.

I also admit that sometimes I second guess myself if a post I felt was really good doesn't get a lot of support, but I don't let it change my character.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2015, 17:22 »

Mine are IC.

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs
« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2015, 17:30 »

Usually, though if something tickles me to the point of laughing IRL, then it gets a like too.

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2015, 18:56 »

My likes on the IGS are IC always. If I see something good or amusing that I would like OOC but can't because of IC limitations I will just send the poster a message saying kudos or something like that. :)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr 2015, 19:15 »

IC.

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 26 Apr 2015, 00:12 »

Most of mine are IC, but if there's a post that's had a ton of effort put into it with not enough aknowledgement, I might break the rule.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #7 on: 26 Apr 2015, 00:36 »

OOC.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 26 Apr 2015, 01:20 »

Both i would say

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #9 on: 26 Apr 2015, 02:02 »

the number of likes a character has, is one of the least useful numbers in EVE.

Character A, 700 likes, only posts in the IGS
Character B, 19095 likes, 19000 of them are in the "like and get likes" thread.

I don't know if anyone really takes much note of who likes their posts/how many likes their posts on the IGS get.

\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #10 on: 26 Apr 2015, 02:24 »

The few of mine are IC most of the time. I may have broken the rule a rare few times for very valuable posts (though my character would probably like it just because it's actually valuable even if in disagreement) but...

To begin with, I was strongly opposed to that like system when they introduced the new forums, and my first rule was never to give any likes. I eventually get to give a few because I felt terrible for not returning the favour to people giving me likes, and that posted things that my character would give likes for.

@Lou : there is that yes, but they are obvious. Someone only posting on the IGS rarely gets above 1000-1500 likes. There is also the fact that some characters get ludicrous amounts of likes due to their circles and friendly groups, or get massive likes dumps from their corpmates. Honestly, I would like not to take much note of that system, but when I enter a discussion where I see constantly the other side getting like 3+ likes per post when I rarely get a single one, is rather depressing in itself (I can count on the digits of a single hands the posts where I managed to get above 3 likes). That system is used as a tool for people to support or blatantly go in the way to "win the thread" without actually bothering to post anything of note to actually support someone point of view. Of course though, I would be even less happy with people empty quoting or just saying that insufferable "this, so much this"...

Most of the time though, I try to acknowledge with an answer a post my character finds valuable, even if there is not much to add.
« Last Edit: 26 Apr 2015, 02:27 by Lyn Farel »

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #11 on: 26 Apr 2015, 06:30 »

Don't really pay any attention to the total amount of likes that a character has. They don't really say much. Especially not in the IGS where they, as per this thread's topic, reflect the IC likes. Just pay attention to the likes of the individual posts and use your common sense to judge weather it is actual useful likes or just some circlejerking.

@Nissui

Most of my likes in the IGS are IC. A majority of them has either been in relation to our drifter research or it has been me liking posts of people who makes good arguments that Miz would agree with. I think I have liked one of your posts where you had a negative view of the minmatar militia. I had intended to give Miz's opinion on that as well but then I figured out I still have too many loose ends in her character so I just decided to not get into that discussion.

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #12 on: 26 Apr 2015, 07:26 »

I treat my likes as IC if they are on the IGS.

kul Shaishi

• Clonejack
« Reply #13 on: 26 Apr 2015, 13:41 »

ic and ooc
If Eve has one lesson in it's narrative, it's that if you find any weird ancient space cybercrap, you should stick that shit straight into your brain ASAP, no questions.

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
« Reply #14 on: 26 Apr 2015, 14:29 »

Generally IC, only real exception would be things that really look like alot of thought was put into it or things that make me laugh
Pages: [1] 2