Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That PIE capsuleers do not only supply their comrades with spiced wine, but also with dark, maltey ale and fine brandy from their planetside holdings?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: [Chronicle] Xenocracy  (Read 16049 times)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
Re: [Chronicle] Xenocracy
« Reply #90 on: 27 Jun 2010, 19:26 »

Capsuleers do have one redeeming feature as far as the Empires are concerned.  Missioning running is, probably by a large margin, the main occupation in EVE, or at least one of the largest.  Mission-running is basically bettering the factions, doing the dirty (and expensive) work they need to get done.

From the Empires' standpoint, "ok, fine, they kill each other in low sec and nullsec, and might make a nuisance of themselves from time to time, but damn if we dont have them on our mission running string, where they wipe out entire fleets for us." 

That being said, its still silly, but perhaps it mitigates the silliness on some level.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Akikio L

• Wetgraver
    • Akikio's Plog
« Reply #91 on: 28 Jun 2010, 09:19 »

Planet in question is in high-sec, so no redeeming factors apply. Just the fact that people have to come up with the most fantastic assumptions to explain the chron makes it bad in my view. When I read the chron nothing of that appeared in my head. Maybe you have to be native english speaker to "get" it, if so I'll stop reading chrons since I obviously have it all wrong anyway.  :roll:

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #92 on: 28 Jun 2010, 09:22 »

Planet in question is in high-sec, so no redeeming factors apply. Just the fact that people have to come up with the most fantastic assumptions to explain the chron makes it bad in my view. When I read the chron nothing of that appeared in my head. Maybe you have to be native english speaker to "get" it, if so I'll stop reading chrons since I obviously have it all wrong anyway.  :roll:

That's not it...I'm a native English speaker and I share your opinion pretty much, Akikio. :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]