Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 'Crystal Boulevard' of Caille is both a high end shopping center and a vast shield of manufactured diamond for bunkers underneath?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Emergent Threats  (Read 12159 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Emergent Threats
« Reply #30 on: 20 Mar 2015, 13:06 »

Hmmm.

I don't really see why they're harvesting the bodies and then keeping them intact, supplanting with cybernetics. The CNS is already completely fried, and you might as well melt it down into raw goop to rebuild all the cellular damage...

That's the part that really gets me. Ok, they're harvesting bodies, what in hell is actually making them usable as-is rather than remade?

Drones in People Suits.

maybe, the brain isn't what is doing the thinking, in a Drifter humanoid form.

Maybe it's the cyberdoodads.

Agree. But why bother with the people suits?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #31 on: 20 Mar 2015, 13:08 »

Hmmm.

I don't really see why they're harvesting the bodies and then keeping them intact, supplanting with cybernetics. The CNS is already completely fried, and you might as well melt it down into raw goop to rebuild all the cellular damage...

That's the part that really gets me. Ok, they're harvesting bodies, what in hell is actually making them usable as-is rather than remade?

Drones in People Suits.

Agree. But why bother with the people suits?

Psych warfare ?
\o/

Nissui

« Reply #32 on: 20 Mar 2015, 15:22 »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #33 on: 20 Mar 2015, 15:34 »

Maitchi !  :cube:

Muck Raker

• Wetgraver
« Reply #34 on: 20 Mar 2015, 15:53 »

The Scope – Emergent Threats Prompt Unprecedented Symposium?

Get your ass to Yulai.

Lena Amber stole my look !

* Muck Raker was wearing that bananasuit before she did

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #35 on: 21 Mar 2015, 03:49 »

Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #36 on: 21 Mar 2015, 04:02 »

I might be the only vfx nerd in this thread so can I just say: holy shit the volumetric smoke on that dead Raven looks amazing. I know it's likely composited, but I don't care.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #37 on: 21 Mar 2015, 04:13 »

After effects ftw

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #38 on: 21 Mar 2015, 06:36 »

Hmmm.

Drones in People Suits.

The implants that stored their personality and memories, or the implants are connected to the FUTURE CLOUD?
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2015, 22:25 by Elmund Egivand »
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #39 on: 21 Mar 2015, 15:38 »

I might be the only vfx nerd in this thread so can I just say: holy shit the volumetric smoke on that dead Raven looks amazing. I know it's likely composited, but I don't care.

I have been gushingly pointing all the smoke and debris in those ship kills out to my friends.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #40 on: 22 Mar 2015, 10:40 »

So, having watched this at last, I'm pretty much with the YouTube commentators: say what you like, this is pretty neat. I'm not necessarily "hyped," but I am engaged.

This community gets way too bittervet for me sometimes.

About the Raven graphics: aren't there hints going back a ways that suggested they meant to update ship explosions at some point and maybe just never got it to work to their satisfaction? I think there was Empyrean Age wallpaper that had a Raven breaking up almost exactly like that one.
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2015, 10:44 by Aria Jenneth »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #41 on: 22 Mar 2015, 10:55 »

Enjoy:

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #42 on: 22 Mar 2015, 12:10 »

About the Raven graphics: aren't there hints going back a ways that suggested they meant to update ship explosions at some point and maybe just never got it to work to their satisfaction? I think there was Empyrean Age wallpaper that had a Raven breaking up almost exactly like that one.

There are models of broken ships in the game files, but they aren't meant to be used outside of mission environments. What happened here is they took that broken Raven model and reattached it, then keyframed the pieces to fall off in the expected fashion. All the fire, smoke, sparks, and tiny bits and pieces would come from software like X-Particles or Particular. Then you just need to composite the pieces in After Effects, Nuke, or Composite.

It's also possible to create the whole thing in Maya, C4D, etc., but that's decidedly not how they're doing it and frankly might even take more time because the render time between iterations would be unnecessarily long. It's best practice to break things up into pieces. (See what I did there?)

« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2015, 14:17 by Kyoko Sakoda »

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #43 on: 22 Mar 2015, 12:30 »

Added a guide cause why not?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #44 on: 22 Mar 2015, 13:31 »

Yes, this, basically.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5