Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The language of the Amarr empire is spoken by more people than any other language? Read more in this Chronicle.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Promoting the opposing side...  (Read 24179 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Promoting the opposing side...
« Reply #120 on: 22 Apr 2015, 12:51 »

Don't forget Coleilie, where the Minmatar fight a greater number of Moros with their Naglfars at 0. For honour.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

« Reply #121 on: 22 Apr 2015, 12:53 »

Honestly, it's about the players, the characters they play and a lot of PR, to establish that you can be non-violent and loyalist. Especially when they started FW, it was either you fly for the crusade or whatever or you can't be loyalist. One can only change such things with time and PR campaigning.

I don't think at all that it's got to do with viability of ships in PvP, whether there is a vibrant RP community for a faction. Nor do I think it is about the events which CCP is handing out.

Building an active RP community is mainly work by the players, that is the community-to-be. What is accepted within that community, again, is mainly depending on that community.

My thoughts exactly.

The ships thing was illustrating the point.  Minmatar is race #4

It has been race #1 for eons, and the only thing viable in pvp besides BS fights... I understand that it has become somewhat meh in some regards apparently, but a lot of their stuff is still perfectly decent, or even performs well (lololol ASB breachers).

For years when I started playing Eve, and it really continued like that for years, everyone flew minmatar in pvp, because it was just the best at pretty much everything. vOv

...god to step in and at least remove the in-game item with a lore bit as caldari gets another thousand player live event...

Hey now, don't go calling the "Battle of Caldari Prime" a "Caldari event". Until public protest made them do otherwise, CCP was making sure that anyone with poor Fed standings wouldn't even be getting close to Caldari Prime in anything larger than a capsule. When it occurred, CCP simply spawned dreads until people repping the Leviathan were overwhelmed...and hey, even if they'd killed those, CCP TonyG - I mean, CCP Falcon - stated that the Fed would have just warped in all their Solteur-Class Titans (EvE Fiction thread). And when Caldari Dusties managed to narrowly win the battle on the ground anyway (somewhere between 53-57%, as I recall), CCP simply retconned it in EvE:Source as a total victory for the Gallente on the ground, with all Caldari forces captured. I'm not kidding even a little bit.

So, yes, Minmatar get ignored by CCP. But the only reason Caldari show up in events lately is to do something stupid (Heth and his goons), or get shit on, because they are the opponent of the Fed. Don't blame us.  :P

Well it's CCP. Remember Aurora ? It has always been the same rigged outcomes.

I will say this, what is happened with the Shakor storyline is 100% awesome how it is almost exactly the opposite of Heth.

A terrorist disappears, then overthrows the old government and becomes an amazing leader and gives the people the exact utopian ideal government they wanted while everyone thinks he is a dictator.  A charismatic man of the people becomes a dictator while everyone thinks he is reforming the government to the utopian ideal they wanted.  Then he becomes a terrorist and disappears!

And the new Republic is fucking awesome in nearly every way and so was what we got in source lore and PF wise.  I actually am super motivated to pursue the minmatar plot line in the future.  While we are still have very little information, now we have some very key points of information that Minmatar always lacked.  The Matari government is just as crazy and tribal and cool as it could have been and I think they overall did a really great job.

You think so ? Well, considering how little we have on the Minmatar faction as of now, and their government included, I fail to see how I could even qualify it as awesome or piss poor tbh... We just know it's a 'tribal government'... ._.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #122 on: 22 Apr 2015, 13:12 »

Don't forget Coleilie, where the Minmatar fight a greater number of Moros with their Naglfars at 0. For honour.

We could start a whole other thread with Live Events fail.

On the one hand, I absolutely understand limited CCP staff, limited resources, etc.

On the other hand, WTF? Having NPCs, even scripted NPCs do basics and put on a good show is basic par for the course for pc games, get the hell with it.  If you are going to advertise a thing, or suggest players have control of a thing, then get it done.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #123 on: 22 Apr 2015, 13:15 »

I think all the factions eventually move to the bottom of the pvp meta pile for a time.

Not very very sad for Minmatar at the bottom though considering for about 80% of eve's life span they were undisputed best at everything.  :P

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #124 on: 05 May 2015, 15:50 »

I think the CCP event with those Serpentis/Cartel forces doing that thing where they bombed those planets with the Genesis Vaults, was the biggest thing in recent times to affect Minmatar RP.

prior to that, there was some kind of uneasy association between Republican Minmatar and Angel cartel Minmatar. The Republicans thinking along the lines of the Cartel being a sometimes necessary evil. That sort of thing.

With the destruction of the Genesis Vaults, and the resulting ending of the attempt to restore Matar's ecology, then, that's the proverbial line in the sand, that had been crossed. The Cartel had actively damaged the home world of all Matari. Unforgiveable.

Which means that the Cartel and Republican Minmatar find themselves with nothing to say to each other. What can they say ? So it kind of split the community.

And when there's a split, it harms everything.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]