Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

All male members of the Ardishapur family traditionally have their right hand amputated? See why you don't make the Emperor's mother angry.

Author Topic: YC 116 Writing Contest - 1st Place - Prose  (Read 928 times)

Lunarisse Aspenstar

YC 116 Writing Contest - 1st Place - Prose
« on: 07 Mar 2015, 14:36 »

Author - Literia

Untitled.

Dianchi Lake located on Huggar in the Pator system, covers a wide array of an incompatible superb natural beauty of mountainous high rocks of the Golden Horse Mountain gallops, the Green Peacock Mountain and the White Crane Mountain. She will not forget the breathtaking views of floats and reeds flourish near the shore and the reflection of clear blue sky on the surface of Dianchi Lake. Also, the lake is an inhabitant of jade-green birds which hovering radiantly in the sky to express their happiness of living in this great biodiversity lake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She walks toward the shoreline with two children beside her, one is a little girl 6 years old with red hair like her mother, she comes up to about her stomach. The other is a teenage boy almost 14 with the same red hair, he comes up to around her shoulders. Both children are carrying an urn. Her eyes seem tired and worn for this young Brutor, a life time of pain and sorrow, these two are all she has left now, everyone else is gone. But they cant live in the past today is a mark of a new life, a new beginning she hopes. Its time to let go, its time to say good bye.

"Mama, we are almost there?" The little girl asks.

"Yes Ami, we are almost there." She answered, as she looks over to the boy "You gonna be able to do this? I know this is hard to do, its hard for me too. But its time, its been 5 months since they are gone."

The young man just shakes his head as his fingers caress the urn that he is carrying, tracing the details that are carved into the wooden urn. His voice crackles with emotion "I know Sis, we will get through it together."

The reach along the shoreline of the lake as she takes the Urn from Amiteal as the little one walks off slowly to play in the sand not knowing the emotion behind this or understanding it, but respectful enough to let her mother and uncle have their peace with it.

She glances over to the girl "Ami don't go far please, you should be close for what we are doing. We are setting your Grandmother's and Aunty's ashes free okay?"

The little girl tilted her head slightly not understanding why this is happening "Mama, why are we doing this?"

She smiled softly "We do this to honor them, they were never free and never set foot in the Republic and didn't know what it was like to have their own lives in their hands. So we do this for them now because we love them and they have the true freedom from this life." The little girl nodded and seemed to accept that answer, as she scurried back over to her mother to observe.

She nodded to the boy, he moved up to the water edge and let out a deep sigh of sorrow as the tears welled up in his eyes "Mom, I am sorry I wasn't strong enough, I am sorry I blamed you, Lit." She moved beside him placing an arm around him as he continued speaking "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. You will always be in our hearts knowing that we live free, we live because you are not here. Our love for you is eternal, you will never truly die for you will be in our hearts." He slowly opened the lid to the urn as a gust of wind swept around them as he took a deep breath and spread the ashes as he whispered "Now you are free." She put an arm around his shoulder as the boy wept, giving him a soft kiss on the forehead "I am so proud of you Duncan, you couldn't have said it any better." The little girl walked up to her uncle and lifted her arms up, he picked her up as she wrapped her arms around his neck and whispered into his ear "Uncle Dun, I wubs you, we be okay, we got each other."

She glanced over to the two children, her heart filled with warmth at the strength of their bond in such a short time, both born in slavery, both living free. She promised herself they will never never be split up or torn apart by anyone. She looked at the boy "You ready?" He nodded to her with a comforting smile.

She slipped off her boots and socks, as she stepped a few feet into the water, she looked up at the sky as her body swayed softly in the water "Good byes are not forever if you hold them in your heart. The love of a little sister is special and it hurts when their life is cut short with no semblance of why. So the only gift I can give to my little blossom is this freedom, knowing that she will never have to bow down to anyone ever again. You are free little blossom, let angel's wings help you take flight." She wiped the tears from her eyes as she turned to look back at the other two, her eyes go wide as she sees someone walking behind them. She jets out of the water, and moves the children behind her, it is another Matari. She is confused of why this person is here and why now of all things.

The boy wrapped his arms tight around the little girl and moved behind her as she drew her pistol, her feet slightly turned and spread as she prepared herself. The boy soothed the little one as she started to cry. The woman who is another Brutor, she stands about 6'4 and looked around 32, with dark eyes and black hair, wearing a Republic Security Services uniform, as she pulls out a datapad and clears her throat "Literia Corale Khammael?" she asked. Lit nodded "Yah what do you want?"

The woman punched something on to the datapad as she started to try and move behind her towards the children "I am here to take the children into custody, you are too young and unsuitable to be a parent at this point in your life, so for the children's sake we are apprehending them." Lit growled at the woman as she cocked her pistol "F*** you, I am a good parent, YOU dont know me at all and if you step near these children I will put a bullet in your head. They are loved, cared for and they are being educated. They are not in any danger." She woman raised her hands in a peaceful gesture as Lit nodded to Duncan "Take her back to the pad Duncan, tell Joshua and lock down the ship." The boy nodded and wrapped his arms around the little girl tightly and ran off. The woman shook her head "Captian Khammael, do you really think you are a fit parent for these children? I already have two families interested in each of them." Lit raised the gun to point it at the woman's head "You are not splitting up my children, they are fine with me. Now I suggest you leave NOW, before I kill you where you stand." The woman laughed at her and shook her head "You can kill me but we will take those children you filthy pirate and completely unsuitable to raise these children right. My superiors know where I am and agree these children should be raised properly."

Lit's eyes widen as she heard her speak, as rage consumed her she felt her hand squeezing the trigger and watching the woman fall to the ground dead, She stood over her as she watched the blood trickle out of the woman's head with almost a cold stare and uncaring. She started to walk back to her ship as fear set in, she grabbed her stomach as it was like someone just stabbed her there. She doesn't know what to do, they are coming after them, they are going to take them away from her. She began to cough with the anxiety of loosing the children, she stopped by the side and threw up. "I cant loose them, they are my life, they are all I have left of my family. What the f*** and I going to do? F***! i don't know..." She paced back and forth then the thought dawned on her, she knew who she had to see. He would help her.