Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Federal member states retain control of their home systems, as seen exercised here?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: [Collaboration] Dam-Torsad Tour (IC)  (Read 12520 times)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
Re: [Collaboration] Dam-Torsad Tour (IC)
« Reply #45 on: 31 Mar 2015, 07:09 »

"This area seems more ... um." Aria hesitates, grimacing slightly. "It's sort of ..." Again, hesitation. "It doesn't seem quite so....

"It doesn't seem very.... Well ... it's always seemed like Amarrian architecture and goods ... didn't want to be caught looking new."

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #46 on: 31 Mar 2015, 11:57 »

Lunarisse looks closer at what to her was a common-place sight.

"Oh, I doubt it's sleeper tech.  While the military has some limited applications so far, it takes a while before new technology  gets vetted and makes its way into the Scriptures and common use planetside."

"Still, I've always liked this District.  We have trade agreements the Caldari and Gallente, of course, and it shows here.  The Empire isn't standing still no matter what people outside think! "

She glances at the VR venues and bars. "My husband always used to like to take me to districts like this when it was date-night." She adds with a slight quirk of the lips  "Don't look so surprised."
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2015, 14:00 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: 31 Mar 2015, 22:21 »

"Um. That's ... a detail I'm a little fuzzy on: has the involvement of all four empires in a shooting war even slowed trade down?

"Regardless, it's ... sort of a revelation to see it all here. I'd assumed trade in things like this would happen ... sort of ... behind closed doors. Especially here. ... but I guess a high-end market is sort of similar, wherever you go.

"... though the transition did seem kind of abrupt. Strict zoning?"

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #48 on: 01 Apr 2015, 20:22 »

"Dam-Torsad as a whole is a collection of city-states that over the centuries grew and expanded together into one large City.  Each district retains its own character depending on when they were built or reflects the influences of their governing hierarchy."

She pauses and then rattles them off like a school girl "Torsad-Laur, Torsad-Unan, Torsad-Edras, Torsad-Iphria, Torsad-Istha and Torsad-Melekel, are some of them I think!"

Lunarisse glances about "Perhaps this one has a Udorian influence  somewhere."
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2015, 20:33 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #49 on: 01 Apr 2015, 20:29 »

Lunarisse shrugs. She glances with annoyance at some pamphleteers on the sidewalk as they pass continuing their stroll.

"Oh look!"  She brightens up "There are having a historical VR piece here.  It's all about Amash-Akura."
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2015, 20:50 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: 03 Apr 2015, 07:36 »

"Amash-Akura? ... Um. I'm sorry, but ... should I know what that is, Praefecta?"

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #51 on: 03 Apr 2015, 16:41 »

Arkon had been distracted for most of the conversation reading the little pamphlet, he usually got distracted quite easily thusly. But at Aria's question he looked up with a smile, and hands moving as he explained, answered.

"Amash-Akura is the founder of the Amarr Empire, he was originally ruler of only Dam-Torsad but during his reign managed to unite all of Amarr Island under his banner around six or seven thousand years ago." Arkon hands back the pamphlet, "He reigned for around one hundred years, and died after defending the newly founded Empire from one of it's greatest foes."

Steps closer to the VR piece and inspects it.

"He is responsible for much of Imperial law that is still present today, this looks like quite the interesting little interaction..." He observes as a small screen flashes what those who partake will experience, "Care to try it Ms. Jenneth?" He smiles happily
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2015, 18:35 by Arkon Sarain »

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #52 on: 04 Apr 2015, 10:00 »

She cocks her head thoughtfully.

"It does look interesting, but ... I think I'd prefer to focus on where I am right now. It ... will be available stationside, won't it?"

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #53 on: 06 Apr 2015, 06:41 »

"I'd expect it certainly would be.  if not, Brother Reinheart or Sister Farel probably have something similar in their research collections."

Lunarisse gives an impish smile. "And yes, it is someone a member of the Society - even a Peregrinans  - should know.  He wielded the wielded the Ametat in battle, where it is said that 'he struck down the wicked as surely as a sword', and wore the Avetat, which it is said 'turned away the deadliest blows better than any armor'."

"Those are otherwise known as the Sceptre and the Crown which makes up the name of the Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque."

« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2015, 06:59 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #54 on: 06 Apr 2015, 08:24 »

"Hm. Ametat and Avetat ... they're lost relics, aren't they? People are still looking for them? ... I wonder what sorts of theories have people scouring the stars instead of just your homeworld.

"In any case, let's keep going. I'd love to find out more," a furtive smile slips across her own face, "but, respectfully, I can do that when I'm not standing in the middle of Dam-Torsad."

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #55 on: 07 Apr 2015, 07:31 »

Lunarisse chuckles "Yes, I suspect you might at that.  Just ask Brother Reinheart about Ametat and Avetat and the search and be prepared for sit for a long time."

She adds amused  "Make sure you have a drink and some food for sustenance."

She continues to walk with them and notices a sign of a certain establishment that caters to Caldari ex-pats and Empire based Caldari. She says lightly "My pardon, this is where I need to separate.  Do enjoy the rest of your tour."  She smiles at Aria.  "I suspect Doctor Sarain will be soon in his element, as Hedion University's campus is his next stop I think."

Once farewells are exchanged, Luna separates from the pair and after they depart, makes her way to the establishment where she is greeted in an extremely formal and gracious manner by a dark-haired, bearded Deteis.
« Last Edit: 08 Apr 2015, 14:49 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #56 on: 07 Apr 2015, 07:34 »

The gleaming towers of Hedion University’s satellite campus in Dam-Torsad frame three sides of an large open square with rolling grounds filled with trees and flowers and criss-crossed with paths to and from its different buildings.  The paths are filled with students hurrying to and from their classes.  Other, more idle students are preoccupied with more sedate pursuits on the greens.  One student wearing sun glasses is flying a kite, while another is painting.  One group of students is huddled listening to one of their more animated brethren.

On the fourth side of the square is the rest of the district.  Two  commoners charitably described as “late middle age” are making their way from the VotC Hall (Veterans of the Reclaiming).  They are dressed in khakis with jackets and hats bearing patches indicating that one, a ni-kunni named Johanes Beaumonte, is a veteran of the Imperial Navy, and other, a True Amarr named Vincentus Azizora, is a retired Paladin.

The two veterans cross the street to the square and take a seat at a game board flanked with two benches and begin to play, moving the pieces from time to time, as they chat and watch the much younger students.

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #57 on: 07 Apr 2015, 07:43 »

Smiles as the reach the sign for the maglev train station to the Hedion campus, he seems genuinely excited at returning to a campus of the old alma mater.

Then upon hearing Luna's comment of her parting ways his joy dims a little, and bows deeply.

"Ms. Daphiti it has been a pleasure as always, I hope to see you soon. Blessings for your day."

Once Luna has made her goodbyes and is a little while away Arkon turns to Aria and gestures to the steps up to the platform,

"Shall we? The train journey to the campus is a short one."

The train is modern construction, elegant and refined clearly even public transport is done with much attention to detail, and a constant low noise of hymns can be heard throughout.
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2015, 00:11 by Arkon Sarain »

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #58 on: 08 Apr 2015, 09:07 »

Aria bids her polite goodbyes to the Praefecta, then follows Arkon onto the platform.

"Um. A ... question, Your Honor? That ... last district ... what is it built on? I ... mean, on top of? With the way this city seems to treat history, it ... seems as though they must have found the very last open plot of agricultural land where nothing important ever happened." She stares thoughtfully out at the city. "Or maybe some relatively new, low-income tenements?"

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #59 on: 08 Apr 2015, 17:00 »

Arkon smiles and nods for Aria to ask her question, and as the train pulls up he steps on.

"Oh no, Dam-Torsad as we see it now is an amalgamation of several ancient cities - most districts were once individual cities before Amash-Akura united Amarr Island." The doors slide close. "From memory that last district was originally an Udorian settlement." He tries to remember more details as the train smoothly sets off.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6