Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the ISHAEKA Reports warned about the Sansha Nation Incursions possiblily occuring.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Character] Utari Onzo  (Read 3059 times)

Utari Onzo

[Character] Utari Onzo
« on: 03 Mar 2015, 03:44 »

Name: Utari Onzo
Aliases: Utari Gallius (Grandfather's family name)
Nationality: Caldari - Civire - Ishukone (Mixed Amarr - Ni-Kunni heritage through mother)
Place of Birth: Aboard Ishukone trading vessel ' Argo ' - raised on Korama IV by Uncle
Born: 01-02-YC90
Parents/Family: Both deceased, father murdered by unknown Gallente males on Caldari Prime YC-113, mother died same year aboard Amarr Navy cruiser in a Faction Warfare small Outpost. Has one surviving brother Miguel Onzo, one niece and two nephews.

Has one surviving grandfather, Lord Thiago Gallius, a minor Holder under the Sarum Family.
Marital Status: Single
Education: School of Applied Knowledge - Astrogeology masters degree.
Current Employer: 13. Rank - Director
Currently resides: Starbase 'Tea House' in Lazarus, J115127
Medical issues: Suffers from mild Parkinson's Disease that causes shaking in his hands, and when in a clone for periods longer then a month or two, difficulty in walking. This condition follows him from clone to clone. Usually changes clones often enough to avoid the worst effects.

Has a scar on the top left side of his forehead down to the eyebrow, along with small scarring in his hands and arms from time spent working on planetary Gas extrators.

Is currently recovering from alcohol and exile addiction.
Height: 5' 10"
Eye Colour: Hazel
Hair: Brown
Build: Average compared to his height

Utari is a skilled pilot of Logistics support craft and will talk at length about it to anyone who asks, along with general conversations on fleet operations and wormhole space. Known to have a huge soft spot for brandy, whiskey and toffee icecream. Will physically flinch if called by his given 'Amarrian' name.

Backstory: Utari was born in space aboard a freighter on a trade run to Amarr from Jita. His father, Akidra Onzo, was a Civire of the Ishukone Corporation who was working freelance for capsuleers as a trade advisor and logistics officer. His mother, Lady Hermine Gallius, was a logistics officer also in the Amarrian Navy, accompanying Akidra on a trip when she went into early labour.

Shortly after birth, it was decided by both parents that he was better raised with his Uncle, Hitomi Onzo, on Korama IV. A gas giant planet with liquid ocean surface, Korama IV has floating glass dome cities to house the workers of the multiple State, and Capsuleer, corporations extracting the valuable gas from the planet's atmosphere.

Growing up, Utari was put to work in the Gas Harvester rigs by his uncle. He quickly learned he had to earn his bread and keep, but it instilled in him a hard working ethic. To this day, Utari struggles with delegation. From time to time as shore leave permitted, Utari's parents would visit, along with his younger brother Miguel from their Grandfather's estate on Sarum Prime II. He had a good, stable relationship with both, but resented Miguel for being raised in luxury and having a more carefree attitude while Utari had to work hard. During these times, his mother, and converted father, taught him what they could of the Amarrian faith.

With the death of his parents in seperate incidents in YC113, a young adult Utari turned more and more to his uncle for support and guidance. A hard, but fair disciplinarian, Hitomi shaped Utari's views on the world. Earn your place, respect those that work hard, do your duty. Funded by his inheritance of his parent's life insurance policies, and a generous donation from Hitomi's personal wealth working for capsuleers, Utari enrolled privately in the State's School of Applied Knowledge, undertaking both Capsuleer training and an astrogeology degree in YC115. Between dealing with grief of his parent's loss, and a general struggle with the theory side to his degree, Utari just scrapped by on merit of the practical course work and dissertation, eventually earning himself a Masters. ((DED Advisory, unknown benefactor known to have donated a significant amount of money to SAK, likely not of State origin. Some parts of Utari's work has been heavily modified by unknown sources. No evidence Utari Onzo is aware of these facts.))

Post Graduation, Utari stayed close to his home system of Korama, working mostly for the Republic Security Services dealing with local pirates in the area. After some time working with fellow Capsuleers within the State, he moved on to have short, but satisfying careers in both Nullsec and Wormhole space before teaming up with a long term friend from his first wormhole experiance, Jay Joringer.

DED Report:

Crimes -

YC 114
Intoxication while driving - fine
Intoxication while flying a space craft - fine
Flying a spacecraft without licence - fine
Carrying illegal substances - fine
Assault - 6 months service within the community
Carrying Illegal substances - fine

YC115
Carrying Illegal Substances - fine
Intoxication in a restricted place - fine and 2 days detention

YC116
Intoxication in a restricted place - fine and 6 months detention, suspended
Carrying Illegal Substances - fine
Illegally Engaging a fellow Capsuleer's craft, multiple counts - Charged but yet to be tried
Intoxication while Driving - fine

DED threat assessment - Medium, issues with alcoholism more an irritant to law enforcement agencies, but showing more aggressive signs of behaviour of late.

Beliefs: He's a follower of the Amarrian faith. He has recently taken to re-embracing his Amarrian and Ni-Kunni heritage, as well as going through a kind of 'rebirth' in his spiritual beliefs. His upbringing led him to identify himself as a man of the faith, but due to being raised in the State and the irregular visits of his parents, his knowledge on the finer details is lacking.

He is against the principal of slavery, but respects that it is meant to be for conversion. Hates abuse of slaves with a passion, but will not interfere with an owner if they show due respect to them.

Non-public info - requires significant hacking skills/data-mining, or be considered a close friend:
Utari has passed a crossroads in his life and taking the road of religion. He's embraced his faith with a renewed vigor and is looking to expand his knowledge and strengthen his devotion. Sani Sabik have become a strong new enemy for him. While formally he had been actively seeking a partner, he is now more focused on rebuilding himself. He's been burned a couple of times too many and would be reluctant to open his heart once more, but that is not to say the door is completely closed. He's slowly tiring of wormhole life, but feels loyal to Jay Joringer, whom he has followed for nearly a year, as he promised to help build the corp up. His clone template has been modified by an unknown party, causing his tremors/walking difficulties.
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2015, 10:54 by Utari Onzo »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: [Character] Utari Onzo
« Reply #1 on: 03 Mar 2015, 03:58 »

mother died same year aboard Amarr Navy cruiser in a Faction Warfare small Outpost.

Ouch.

Did she drop a tag at least?

Depending how things go along, I might have him either go full blown psychotic or take a more subtle approach and have him align with a pirate faction like Sansha/Serpentis or possibly Blood if a Sani Sabik manages to say the right things at the right time.

Aww, but I like him. :(

Utari Onzo

« Reply #2 on: 03 Mar 2015, 04:24 »

Depending how things go along, I might have him either go full blown psychotic or take a more subtle approach and have him align with a pirate faction like Sansha/Serpentis or possibly Blood if a Sani Sabik manages to say the right things at the right time.

Aww, but I like him. :(

Then interact with him and convince him on a different path :P

I've basically engineered utari into a cross roads in his life. Where he goes I'm leaving completely up to how people interact with him. There's a lot of possible paths/avenues open and it'd be interesting to see which one/s he falls down.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #3 on: 03 Mar 2015, 04:28 »

We have, a little! Just hasn't been much opportunity as they don't tend to frequent the same places, aside from IGS/Summit and the occasional relief effort. :(

Utari is an interesting character though, and the few times we've gotten to talk have been nice. You've pulled off the dual-heritage thing well. :)
« Last Edit: 03 Mar 2015, 04:31 by Samira Kernher »

Utari Onzo

« Reply #4 on: 03 Mar 2015, 04:49 »

We have, a little! Just hasn't been much opportunity as they don't tend to frequent the same places, aside from IGS/Summit and the occasional relief effort. :(

Utari is an interesting character though, and the few times we've gotten to talk have been nice. You've pulled off the dual-heritage thing well. :)

Thanks! My biggest worry with Utari was getting that dual heritage thing right, with a nice blend of pride in both tinged with a little awkwardness that he doesn't fully fit in with either.

Atm I'm stuck in a bind though as Utari suddenly fell head over heels for Lisa before they unsubbed but that's just another crack in his psyche to come I guess

Edit: As I'm still establishing Utari in the community, I'm gonna be dependant on other people including him in their own arcs for the moment while I play catch up with all the goings on
« Last Edit: 03 Mar 2015, 06:23 by Utari Onzo »

Jennifer Starfall

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 03 Mar 2015, 07:01 »

It looks good. If your Amarrian heritage comes up, its something that Jenn would definitely want to ask you some things about.

Lisa Ouyano

« Reply #6 on: 03 Mar 2015, 09:34 »

Atm I'm stuck in a bind though as Utari suddenly fell head over heels for Lisa before they unsubbed but that's just another crack in his psyche to come I guess

Leave of absence, not unsubbed.  Hypothetically Lisa will be "reachable" (maybe) until I return.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #7 on: 03 Mar 2015, 10:09 »

Leave of absence, not unsubbed.  Hypothetically Lisa will be "reachable" (maybe) until I return.

EDIT: Nvm, question was answered in an evemail, thanks!
« Last Edit: 03 Mar 2015, 10:22 by Utari Onzo »

Utari Onzo

« Reply #8 on: 08 Mar 2015, 11:01 »

Little update on Utari, he's landed himself in a whole lot of hot water and I'm not sure if he'll crawl out of it or if I'm just gonna put him on ice for a little while under the pretense of 'he's hiding in the hole'.

A little plot he's gotten involved in has turned from what I thought might make him just simply have break down/turn bad for a bit into some territory I'm not super comfortable with on a personal level.

Will be focusing more probably on Miguel or a new character while things cool off for Ut. Also, made a few msitakes in his interactions with some people lately I think and it's fast becoming unfun to RP with him. Gotta shake that roleplay rust off and maybe not create a schitzoid mental case next time :P

To clarify incase those involved read up: Ut's got the seed in him to become a mass murdering nasty bastard, but there's some things I'm sure even Ut would just want to lock himself away forever if he felt he'd become that.
« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2015, 11:07 by Utari Onzo »

Lisa Ouyano

« Reply #9 on: 08 Mar 2015, 11:19 »

:cube:
Don't let Ut stay away too long.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #10 on: 08 Mar 2015, 11:21 »

The problem is, a recent meeting with someone touched on something a little too close to home and I'm feeling I need to step away from it.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #11 on: 11 Mar 2015, 13:59 »

New update, Utari's looking for God.

Amarr RPers expect lots of questions.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #12 on: 11 Mar 2015, 14:55 »

Hotline God, what can I do for you ?

Utari Onzo

« Reply #13 on: 11 Mar 2015, 15:06 »

Can I haz secret to saving my damned soul?

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #14 on: 11 Mar 2015, 15:37 »

Glad to hear that Utari isn't going away, as I enjoyed my one interaction a lot :D

Feel free to look up Arkon if you want to get into discussions of Faith. ;)

-A
Pages: [1] 2