DUST 514 RP Discussion and Resources > DUST 514/EVE-Online Collaborations

The foolish new guy is at it again...

(1/3) > >>

Arkon Sarain:
Hey! :D

So I was perusing through the DUST forums, and I noticed that the Intergalactic Summit therein didn't really have the news stories that we see on the EVE Intergalactic Summit. So I enthusiastically, and potentially foolishly, came up with an idea to disseminate the news stories we see/generate on the Intergalactic Summit forum in EVE and other RP events/occurrences.

Enter Pyyrota Jushin, my DUST bunny who will never see action as I don't own a PS3, but who will do his part nonetheless. My plan is to use Pyyr simply as an exposition device to help relay the news to the DUST players, and hopefully bring to them a little bit more of the lore and sense of the universe that we love, exist in, and enliven with events and stories.

How would this work? I will give a brief example of the post you'd see from Pyyr:

--- Quote ---Pyyr staggered out of his quarters and into the mess, holding onto the bench he shoves a cup under the coffee machine and enthusiastically beats the machine into giving up its glorious liquid. Blinking he flicks on the news, flopping onto the couch, he allows the incessant headlines and stories to wash over him.

'Capsuleers organise a relief convoy... trouble expected and hundreds of thousands at risk again from the violence of these would-be gods...'

A groan as Pyyr remembers his physical is today.
--- End quote ---

Obviously a super brief example but you get the idea; Pyyr will serve to simple frame a single news story.

Now this brings me to why I am posting this here, if you have a news story you want posted shoot me (Arkon Sarain) an EVEmail with either the subject and key points to cover and I will write it up, and run it by you for approval first. Or just send me the text to put in the post as the news story and I will do that. :)

Whichever works for you, hopefully this helps everyone in both communities a bit, and that the fact that a rather new peep is doing this doesn't offend.

-A

Lyn Farel:
That's a really good idea. I wonder if the reverse could also be done, where a capsuleer relay DUST pieces of news on the Eve IGS.

Aedre Lafisques:
Ooh, great initiative Arkon :0

The opposite would be cool -  How are news pieces looking on that side?

Thal Vadam:

--- Quote from: Aedre Lafisques on 09 Feb 2015, 13:03 ---Ooh, great initiative Arkon :0

--- End quote ---

The DUST IGS isn't really a news centered page and is more of a place for DUST only RP, what news is there, is usually us talking about major empire politics

Our stories are great though  :D

Arkon Sarain:

--- Quote from: Lyn Farel on 09 Feb 2015, 06:16 ---That's a really good idea. I wonder if the reverse could also be done, where a capsuleer relay DUST pieces of news on the Eve IGS.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! And I am sure it could, I would even be happy to volunteer Arkon to do it. So those peeps on the ground feel free to EVEmail me too! :)

--- Quote from: Aedre Lafisques on 09 Feb 2015, 13:03 ---Ooh, great initiative Arkon :0

--- End quote ---

Cheers Aedre! :)

The DUST IGS doesn't really seem to have much news, the occassional brief discussion of something related to what is posted on 'World News' by CCP, but otherwise it seems bereft of that side of things. Mainly full of threads about actual individual character actions.

--- Quote from: Thal Vadam on 09 Feb 2015, 14:39 ---

--- End quote ---

The DUST IGS isn't really a news centered page and is more of a place for DUST only RP, what news is there, is usually us talking about major empire politics 

Our stories are great though  :D

--- End quote ---

Yeah that's what I noticed, and I think it would be helpful for DUST and EVE for more of the player events and RP to get shared there. That way the general profile of the RP community as a whole is raised, and hopefully more DUSTers get involved in RP. :)

Well fire those news stories at me people I am eager and ready to get started! 8)

-A

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version