Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The system Old Man Star is named for the lone crew member who survived a sub-light trip there to set up a stargate?

Author Topic: The Syndicate angle?  (Read 5288 times)

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
The Syndicate angle?
« on: 03 Aug 2013, 13:26 »

Those who've been here a while may be aware that the alliance I'm running in EVE, Shinjiketo, is a criminal organization with loose ties to the Syndicate and in competition with the Serpentis.  They might also be aware that we are trying to develop the alliance as a faction unto itself, rather than simply a loyalist of this or that NPC faction.

The relevance that has here is that I'm interested in exploring possibilities of working with a group of DUST mercs that might have similar RP leanings in preparation for the day when CCP expands the EVE-DUST interplay beyond Molden Heath to the rest of New Eden.  I'd love to get into orbital bombardments and stuff in Solitude to get lower costs for infrastructure stuff and whatever other benefits that whole thing confers, and I'd love even more from an RP standpoint to have Havo be able to say "Yeah, our ground forces are unstoppable and stuff, so watch it!" and send Shinjiketo's DUST mercs after planet-based assets belonging to enemy capsuleer corps/alliances.

But first, there needs to be a DUST arm of Shinjiketo.

Now, I have very little idea of how DUST works and/or what's possible - now, or CCP's plans for the future - but as I said, I'm very interested.

If you're a DUSTer or an EVE player with a DUST toon and you like the idea behind what we're doing with Shinjiketo, let's see what we can make happen?

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
Re: The Syndicate angle?
« Reply #1 on: 03 Aug 2013, 13:32 »

im wanting to make a RP corp in DUST because im better at RP than pewpew

now my problem is - HOW can i see Foley & his Friends involved in this if im reading this right as a criminal organization

detail please

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #2 on: 03 Aug 2013, 13:50 »

Well, I kinda need more DUST info to really answer that, I guess, but in the few "Instant Battles" I played, there were a couple where my Minmatar merc fought for Guristas, Tash-Murkon, or Blood Raiders against whomever.  So, seeing that there're instances where DUST mercs fight for the pirate factions, it seems natural that there be mercs who lean criminal themselves (bearing in mind that I've no knowledge of DUST 514 PF beyond the cool little introductory video when you first start the game).

The only real rule I can see Shinjiketo having for an aligned merc corp would be "Don't fight on the side of Serpentis in any battles."  As I continue to experiment with DUST 514 on the weekends and learn more about it, and as CCP adds features and integrates it further with EVE, there might be more.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Avio Yaken

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 03 Aug 2013, 13:56 »

Well, I kinda need more DUST info to really answer that, I guess, but in the few "Instant Battles" I played, there were a couple where my Minmatar merc fought for Guristas, Tash-Murkon, or Blood Raiders against whomever.  So, seeing that there're instances where DUST mercs fight for the pirate factions, it seems natural that there be mercs who lean criminal themselves (bearing in mind that I've no knowledge of DUST 514 PF beyond the cool little introductory video when you first start the game).

The only real rule I can see Shinjiketo having for an aligned merc corp would be "Don't fight on the side of Serpentis in any battles."  As I continue to experiment with DUST 514 on the weekends and learn more about it, and as CCP adds features and integrates it further with EVE, there might be more.

keep in touch with me about this - im interested to see if this could work out

WAIT does this mean we CAN'T do FW?

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #4 on: 03 Aug 2013, 14:04 »

Not necessarily - we've been kicking around the idea of backing one of the factions in FW for the sake of getting our rookies a lower-bar entry to PvP, but while that's probably not going to happen, and while the Syndicate doesn't have positive standing with any of the Empire factions, Shinjiketo (as a faction unto itself) maintains its own standings, and Havo's at the wheel, so as long as you don't go into Amarr FW I don't see it being a major issue if you do FW and Shinjiketo in EVE doesn't.

Though I dunno how enlisting to FW in DUST works at all, so eh... maybe the game mechanics would get in the way?  vOv

Twitter

Avio Yaken

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 03 Aug 2013, 14:16 »

Not necessarily - we've been kicking around the idea of backing one of the factions in FW for the sake of getting our rookies a lower-bar entry to PvP, but while that's probably not going to happen, and while the Syndicate doesn't have positive standing with any of the Empire factions, Shinjiketo (as a faction unto itself) maintains its own standings, and Havo's at the wheel, so as long as you don't go into Amarr FW I don't see it being a major issue if you do FW and Shinjiketo in EVE doesn't.

Though I dunno how enlisting to FW in DUST works at all, so eh... maybe the game mechanics would get in the way?  vOv

works like this - time to time a skirmish match or 2 are available to join - you then pick 1 of the two sides (defending or attacking) & wait till the teams are full & duke it out

now what makes you a criminal organization?

do you smuggle boosters?
black market?
steal stuff off freight ships?
terrorising people?

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #6 on: 03 Aug 2013, 14:32 »

now what makes you a criminal organization?

do you smuggle boosters?  No, but soon™ we'll be manufacturing them

black market?  If you count booster sales, sure - otherwise, Eve doesn't really 'have' a black market, per se.

steal stuff off freight ships?  When we can catch them, of course.  Only thing that warms a griefer's heart more than killing a mining barge is killing a fully-laden hauler.

terrorising people?  Every chance we get.  Lately there've been few-ish chances due to a rookie corp that suffers from CCP's starting new toons out with 50k SP, but time will change all that in short order.  We DO have lots of T3, HAC, and Recon pilots, though... as well as a few carriers.

Twitter