Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front used local civilian employees in its orbital production facility known as Prosperity Station? Read more about it here

Author Topic: Sid Meier's Starships.  (Read 1813 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Sid Meier's Starships.
« on: 20 Jan 2015, 07:29 »

Turn based. Fleet management. Space pew pew. Build a federation of planets with custom ships.  Yisssssss.   http://www.gamespot.com/articles/firaxis-reveals-new-interstellar-strategy-game-sid/1100-6424728/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Sid Meier's Starships.
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2015, 08:16 »

It certainly gave me a happy when I saw it, but then I noticed the screenshots and studied it closer. It'll be gimped for tablets. Now, it might still be a good game as Shadowrun proved, but I am somewhat disappointed still. I'll keep an eye on it but developed for mobile and PCs will in nine out of ten games prove sub-par gaming.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2015, 12:48 »

It certainly gave me a happy when I saw it, but then I noticed the screenshots and studied it closer. It'll be gimped for tablets. Now, it might still be a good game as Shadowrun proved, but I am somewhat disappointed still. I'll keep an eye on it but developed for mobile and PCs will in nine out of ten games prove sub-par gaming.

Excellent point, I realized after I read that as well :( 

Sometimes, rarely, they make pad versions of pc games that aren't the worst (shadowrun, xcom, etc)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2015, 19:44 »

Yeah, kinda looks like My First Space Game™ from its design :/

Makoto Priano

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2015, 11:12 »

Yeaap. Part of me is hopeful that it'll be a worthy successor to MoO2, but after C:AE I'm going to resist the urge to preorder and give it a month or two for reviews to come out.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2015, 13:19 »

MoO2 and CA:E ?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jan 2015, 15:53 »

MoO2 and CA:E ?

Master of Orion 2
Civilization After Earth?

I'll also add a new space RTS is coming next year BATTLEFLEET GOTHIC, the warhammer 40k spinoff. It has potential but not holding hope.  Will be slow paced, naval feel.

What's the other 4x that's out soon?  Galactic Civ 3 might  be good?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jan 2015, 17:23 »

Clicked on thread expecting glorious pictures of Sid Afraldir's hangar contents.

Left disappointed.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jan 2015, 22:22 »

Its absurd that we're still hoping for a worthy heir to MoO2. 

Loved that game.  Would play that game against my dad and brother late into the night. 

Wish someone would simply just update it with new tech or graphics or something. 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #9 on: 27 Jan 2015, 10:17 »

Anyone messed with FreeOrion lately?  I looked at it years ago but it was not even quite a 'game' yet.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod