Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The main ingredients in Protein Delicacies were in fact organic waste, processed station sewage and second grade biomass? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: What is wrong with the lore : inconsistencies, plot holes, how to deal with them  (Read 7162 times)

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor

Yes. Was around 80 trillion total for the main four empires.

Lyn Farel

If I recall correctly, the calculations on the number of pve casualties per year was largely exceeding any reasonable birthrate of even those trillions, no ? Esna might have a better answer on that.

Tbh i'm pretty knackered already. It's like fighting windmills, I give up (yeah, so much for the willpower to do something in the first place), but considering that everyone has his own idea and doesn't care... And then complains that the community is fragmented and does not do things together...

Bleh. You can update the OP as much as you want, I don't feel like to format it with proper ideas and all the fluff I intended first since it's pointless anyhow.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran

If I recall correctly, the calculations on the number of pve casualties per year was largely exceeding any reasonable birthrate of even those trillions, no ? Esna might have a better answer on that.

Tbh i'm pretty knackered already. It's like fighting windmills, I give up (yeah, so much for the willpower to do something in the first place), but considering that everyone has his own idea and doesn't care... And then complains that the community is fragmented and does not do things together...

Bleh. You can update the OP as much as you want, I don't feel like to format it with proper ideas and all the fluff I intended first since it's pointless anyhow.

Eh ... consensus is hard. The community's fragmentation isn't just a product of nobody having tried to bring everyone together before.

The closest you (or I) can really do is put things together as best we can, make a case, and hope it catches on, or else wait for CCP to clarify things. Sometimes they even do.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran

Also, occasionally, CCP's been known to adopt a player idea, especially one that becomes widely accepted. There's reason to keep working at this stuff, but not a lot of reason to expect to get it all clarified to everybody's satisfaction-- not least because a certain CCP canon source isn't big on internal consistency.

Lyn Farel

Added jump cloning to the list of stupid shit.

Ashley

• Wetgraver

Added jump cloning to the list of stupid shit.
Why?  :s

Lyn Farel

It supposedly is the same than cloning when your capsule gets shot, so since the hardscan is lethal, your body dies, and you wake up in the target clone.

Which makes sense until you start to wonder how they manage to keep the implants you had on the body that supposedly dies, for when you come back.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

Supposedly they "dig the implants out" and install them in an entirely new clone, free of charge.

This was even more retarded back when clones had costs, so they were supposedly replacing a clone worth several of aircraft-carrier-sized spacecraft for free.

Of course, that brings up the plot hole of why clones suddenly went from costing tens of millions of ISK to absolutely nothing at all.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lyn Farel

Maybe some new breakthrough in cloning tech... It's the same thing everytime they decide to redesign a ship so... We have to explain it with advance of tech or somesuch...

But the problem is that "they dig the implants out". No they don't, since we have to destroy them... ? Or yes they do, and we are not allowed to remove them ourselves without destroying them, but they can when we clone jump ? wtf ?

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK

Maybe some new breakthrough in cloning tech... It's the same thing everytime they decide to redesign a ship so... We have to explain it with advance of tech or somesuch...

But the problem is that "they dig the implants out". No they don't, since we have to destroy them... ? Or yes they do, and we are not allowed to remove them ourselves without destroying them, but they can when we clone jump ? wtf ?

Well, let's hope that prior to the patch, there will be a live event where they make capsuleers risk their ship killing Drifters and loot corpses out of the wrecks or something, and then donate to CONCORD (because I seriously doubt they will implement a system where we reverse-engineer the implants ourselves).

Or, you know, release Entosis Link module blueprints which requires corpses of Drifters to manufacture. And you have to get that blueprint off Sansha or something.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Ashley

• Wetgraver

Well, they could use something like sodium hydroxide + water to make soup out of clone tissue and take metal bits(or whatever implants are made of) out after, then shove them in a new clone.

Lyn Farel

Then why can't I make that with my other clones as well ? :/

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK

Well, they could use something like sodium hydroxide + water to make soup out of clone tissue and take metal bits(or whatever implants are made of) out after, then shove them in a new clone.

I recall there being PF about baseliners who seek out capsuleer corpses and rip out implants to sell in the black market (black because those implants aren't 100% safe). If the baseliners can do it, why can't we?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Ashley

• Wetgraver

You mean like biomassing your clone to get the implants?
Some CONCORD bullshit policy would be my guess, they can't garantee 100% safety of implants that you unplugged "yourself" and/or want to siphon as much money from capsuleers as they can.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran

You mean like biomassing your clone to get the implants?
Some CONCORD bullshit policy would be my guess, they can't garantee 100% safety of implants that you unplugged "yourself" and/or want to siphon as much money from capsuleers as they can.

Besides, capsuleer corpses you come by the other way have been subjected to all sorts of fun stuff: lethal toxins, hard vacuum, modern warhead materials (some of which are amazingly nasty), entertaining types of radiation....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4