Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

a demonstration by the pro-cloning group Imperial Immortality Foundation was attacked by the Imperial Army using nanotoxin in YC106, resulting in numerous fatalities.

Author Topic: Warlords 1.0 (aka Mercs just got baller)  (Read 3349 times)

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs
Warlords 1.0 (aka Mercs just got baller)
« on: 29 Jan 2015, 08:51 »

Linkage: http://dust514.com/news/2015/01/warlords-1.0-overview-patch-notes?_ga=1.124896322.978419600.1415785302

RPwise, it looks like mercs just got a big boost to their status.  Personal warbarges (with rumoured corporate and alliance flotillas in the future) seem to indicate that individual mercenaries are now approaching capsuleer levels of autonomy, power projection and asset ownership.  They are still limited by comparison (and in terms of gameplay), but the Uprising is over and the age of clone Warlords has begun.

The future of DUST514 is still very much in flux, with no word about Legion or the far future of DUST itself, but this patch is a much needed injection of content and mini-games IMO. 

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: Warlords 1.0 (aka Mercs just got baller)
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2015, 09:15 »

There's a decent bit of good there, but I still don't like how battlefield salvage has become a thing where you either gamble AUR and hope you got good drops, OR no-life it out to 'earn' a handful of decryptor keys (most I ever saw in available mission rewards was 3 keys... when I've got some 100+ strongboxes in inventory.  kek)

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2015, 09:28 »

Yeah I am pretty much taking the game match by match, ignoring the lottery systems (which I consider to be a dubious and exploitative method of earning your keep as a game creator or entertainer in general). 

They've balanced well in terms of skill in militia gear allowing one to be competitive against middling proto-players.  The issue remains, and will always remain, in the high-level gameplay, with PC being inaccessible and Facwar being a matter of 'which LP gets the most effective guns/suits for current meta'.  Though an immeasurable add on for Facwar would be the ability to target specific planets/districts for conquest with friends instead of relying on the lottery. 

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2015, 11:12 »

Agreed on all points.  I was disappointed when they removed much of PC's incentive right before I was ready to start engaging in it with my corp.  And with the things I like tending to be available through the least popular LP stores, grinding FW in MLT pubs vs. Protostomp queue syncs lost its shine real fast lol.  I got lucky enough to fall in with a group of proto queue syncers who tended (at the time) to pick a faction at random on any given Saturday, giving me a 25% shot at amassing a large amount of my preferred LP each week, but that chat channel's no longer active at all.

I HAVE logged in within the last month to try out Symb's Officer Charge rifle, which isn't bad.  I'll also go looking for the new Officer knives (as a member of Nos Nothi, I pretty much can't resist the appeal of Nothi's NOS knives), but as much enjoyment as I've gotten out of this game, RL time will continue to be my biggest limiting factor :(

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2015, 13:05 »

I still want to gank other duster's warbarge..

So now if anyone pisses me off in dust I just go hyperdunk their warbarge in EVE