Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That cleaner bombs can remove small messes, including lingering aromas?(The Burning Life p 33)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: State of the Eve RP 2014 - 2015  (Read 32865 times)

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
Re: State of the Eve RP 2014 - 2015
« Reply #225 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:16 »

:eek:

Anskek

« Reply #226 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:17 »

.....HAIL REVENANT?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #227 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:18 »

@Lyn: I dunno, you just got back lol. My experience with you is that you call BS as you see BS (in a far more polite way than I do).

I'm old guard though. My intentions are pure evil. :twisted:

Anskek

« Reply #228 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:20 »

@Lyn: I dunno, you just got back lol. My experience with you is that you call BS as you see BS (in a far more polite way than I do).

I'm old guard though. My intentions are pure evil. :twisted:

:P Like I said in the other post, I'll say it again; I'm sure a lot of old RP was absolutely and utterly amazing (i.e. the Gallente Polytheism project, Napaani, etc). All cool stuff. It's just certain elements that are, in my opinion, seeing the 'rewards' of their labor. That doesn't include everyone.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #229 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:20 »

Anslo, you're old guard. And I'm new blood.

I think this is backwards.

Anskek

« Reply #230 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:22 »

Anslo, you're old guard. And I'm new blood.

I think this is backwards.

Old guard in playing Eve. Not RPing, not by a long shot.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #231 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:23 »

Anslo, you were doing your bandages thing all the way back in the DoN days, mate. You're old guard.

Anskek

« Reply #232 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:24 »

I was?

I did?

..................................well shit....still stand by my statement.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #233 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:25 »

Well, if by RPing in general then yeah, I'm pretty old guard. <.<

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #234 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:26 »

The problem with Anslo's analysis is that as the oldest of the guard here I am taking the new guard side. :P

Anskek

« Reply #235 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:28 »

The problem with Anslo's analysis is that as the oldest of the guard here I am taking the new guard side. :P

Same here tbh dude. I just am really bad with phrasing my thoughts more often than not.

Big shout outs to people like CC, Alabooty, Vizage, Halcyon, Jennifer, Ria, Lycaon-kun, and others for doing their thing and doing it damn well as new bros. Big shout outs too to Luna, Nico, even Esna, JFR, and other old guard for propping them up.

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!!

YOU HAVE MY SWORD FRIENDS.

USA
USA
USA
USA
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2015, 16:31 by Anskek »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #236 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:33 »

a thing I've seen as well, is people kicking their own sandcastles, for reasons that I do not understand.
\o/

Anskek

« Reply #237 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:34 »

a thing I've seen as well, is people kicking their own sandcastles, for reasons that I do not understand.
That is some meta gaming right there.

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #238 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:53 »

Well this thread escalated quickly. It makes me savour my current state of obscurity.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #239 on: 22 Jan 2015, 17:13 »

I have just a couple of things to say.

On the subject of IC opinions. There is nothing wrong with the perception of Pyre as bastards from groups like IRED or PIE. They are faction loyalists who would obviously judge us by our associations. In fact there is really nothing wrong with anyones IC perceptions of us as that is up to each person or corp based on their personal RP. As has been said we are a PMC, formed by Caldari and working under contract with the 24th IC. We employ capsuleers regardless of their RP history or previous loyalties. If your characters hate us or love us, whatever it's all good and all workable as RP.

As for the idea that our very existence destroys or "infects" loyalist FW RP I would have to disagree. For one thing the militias have always had these elements within them. Taking into account "non-roleplayers" one might say that for much of their history ingame the overwhelming majority of any given militia has been people of questionable moral character. This leads one to a sort of quandary. If it seems strange that the Empires allow such pilots to fly under their banner should we not search for an explanation instead of throwing hands up in the air and saying "it's all stupid!"? From my perspective the faction wars are not a big thing, they are brushfire wars on the outskirts between mercenaries, deniable resources and small cores of actual military from the Empires. The outlier is not the PMC like Pyre but the independent capsuleers truly loyal to their faction like PIE, IRED or UK. In my opinion this works quite well with observations of what actually is happening in-game. And when it comes to our very existence somehow polluting that faction I would add that even if you do not agree with my view of the FW, if you add up the players in Pyre, Nauplius' corp and Cult of the Lash I think you are at like all of 60 people maybe. Perhaps that is some significant number of RP'ers when measured against other roleplayers either in our own militia or others but I feel that says more about unrelated problems others are facing than ones we have supposedly created. Especially when you add in the fact that basically no one we have recruited was welcome IC in any of those other organizations anyway.

TLDR: We are not "stealing" "your" potential roleplayers. We are not "infecting" your roleplay. If there is a dearth of people interested in whatever you are doing you should probably come up with something fun to do and then go and recruit some people or something. Good luck and fly dirty.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20