Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Black Nova Corporation (BNC) and others still retain some offices in the Jovian Empire when it was opened during EVE's starter years?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: State of the Eve RP 2014 - 2015  (Read 32864 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: State of the Eve RP 2014 - 2015
« Reply #210 on: 22 Jan 2015, 14:59 »

Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Anskek

« Reply #211 on: 22 Jan 2015, 15:01 »

Must...resist...posting...girth....

Lyn Farel

« Reply #212 on: 22 Jan 2015, 15:27 »

Not trying to put words in your mouth...thats how I interpreted it. I agree with you on the point about BS reasons being bad RP, but I don't see Tibs and company coming up with BS reasons.

The intent behind my initial response was simply this:

In a case where there is a conflict between maintaining character integrity versus fulfilling OOC desires, then maintaining character integrity comes first in my opinion.

That's why i'm in the impossible situation I am currently. It must be a lot worse for Ava.

I agree with your statement and have always done so, but its seriously sucks. If I could magically transfer all of my 130M SP on another fresh character more fitting to the current needs of RP and also being able to go where I want it, I would...  :(

*The state of RP is dead. I blame that one corp of RPers who are having a great time playing the game, being friendly to each other, RPing internally within their corp, and interacting with the rest of the RP community.*

Seriously a lot of this thread reads like "It's not fair that people are having fun without me." There are very frequently complaints on this very forum that RP corporations don't do anything in space. That RP groups only interact with their own insular groups. That RP doesn't have consequences. PYRE is doing all of those things.

We're active in space everyday. We interact with RPers in every faction, whether they want it or not. I can't speak for every member, but I certainly know I spend a lot of my RP time dealing with the consequences of being a PYRE member. It's a lot of fun.  I get to be involved in the story. I get to be part of the RP collective conversation instead of being a fly on the wall in a dozen dead RP channels wondering why I even paid that $15.

Haters are gonna hate, but at least we're giving the rest of you something to talk about.

PYRE yes.

Do you see many entities that are having fun besides yours and a handful of others ? I take issue with people that continue to say "lalala all is fine because after all, it's perfectly fine in my corp". There, I said it. Gaven keeps saying it, PYRE now says it, AVLEX says it. Guess what ? They are the entities for whom it works. But when you are part of another RP faction or loyalty, then it's a whole story, and the problem these days is that it's not even a minority, it has become the majority. And I personally refuse to sacrifice any RP logic and coherence of my character to have fun. I have fun by maintaining it, actually.

Unfair to say it like that ? Yes. Both sides are. Both are unwilling to listen to the issues of the other. :|

Also, I didn't know there were so many closet blooders in the militias. :|

I should like totally create a blooder alt that I would call Closet Blooder.  :D

Actually, I'd venture the claim that I am more secluded over long times in my RP, than wormhole-dwellers:
I RP mostly, nowadays, in private channels, with select indviduals, where no one can possibly invade and where the most of the interaction is largely - I dare to say it - irrelevant for the cluster. Yesternight was the first time in years (I think) that I undocked to shoot at something - and then I was fashionably late. I'm a carebear nowadays and I don't shoot people. Even my times as forum-warrior are largely past me. So what? I still RP, every now and then.

Irrelevant has - just as relevant - two points of reference: X is (ir)relevant to Y. So, while my private RP might be vastly irelephant to most of the RPers in EVE, it is quite relevant to me and the other parties involved in the RP (I hope (; ). So, I think Anslo is quite right: All RP is relevant (to someone), else it wouldn't happen.

P.S.: And we really should respect that it is relevant to those people, instead of fenigrating it as 'irrelevant', because we don't have the angle to see it's relevance.

Heh yes, I am in the same geriatric situation. I undocked for Kor event and that was great.

I haven't done that for eons...

two Kat butts

ftfy

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #213 on: 22 Jan 2015, 15:27 »

I think if samira joined minnie fw that would solve a lot of issues.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #214 on: 22 Jan 2015, 15:31 »

@lyn make Closet Blooder and I'll give you whatever you want.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #215 on: 22 Jan 2015, 15:34 »

Why are you boasting about being fat?

Anskek

« Reply #216 on: 22 Jan 2015, 15:35 »

Why are you boasting about being fat?

More cushion for the pushin.

Also check your messages you greasy nerd.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #217 on: 22 Jan 2015, 15:49 »

... wat?

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #218 on: 22 Jan 2015, 15:58 »

... wat?

You should undock and play with us too!

Breaking: Samira Kernher fed up with Closet Blooders, Joins out of closet blooders. FW ends. Silas returns!

Anskek

« Reply #219 on: 22 Jan 2015, 15:59 »

Oi vey FC.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #220 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:06 »

This blew up rather quickly. I will say while PYRE is the focal point of issues we really shouldn't have issues with it OOCly, rather groups that disagree with it should deal with it ICly. I-RED has already taken the steps to do so, marking them as a pirate organization (As they have Angel/Guri/Serp/Sansha) in their ranks, and actively debuffing their attempts at claiming loyalty to the State. ICly our course of actions make sense.

Would we work with them, no it is very unlikely. We shoot at eachother because of their affiliations as proven last night over the tower. People should stop placing the blame and just deal with it.. by that I mean if your character/org has issues, impose restrictions, cut ties etc etc. There is lots of RP even if it is just posturing & words.

Although I can see a lot of the arguments can be seen as legitimate, a lot of the conflict seems to come from the old guard vs new blood within the RP community. Older RPers are holding onto their foundations of what RP used to be.. and I do miss those days.

Anskek

« Reply #221 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:10 »

No offense, but I'm just seeing tables turned here oh mighty Emperor JFR III. The ~old guard~ would rail on new RPers or RPers who stepped "out of line," to the point of forcing them out of the community in round about ways.

I see this as reaping what was sown. The new blood is fighting back, big time. And, imo, it's a good thing, especially with "old RP" being as I mentioned above (though I am biased as I experienced the bad side of it. I'm sure there was a bright, baller side of old RP).

From the ashes of the old shall spring forth a beautiful new future.

PRAISE VANU \o/

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #222 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:13 »

I generally don't rail on people's RP. At most I ignore it if its so cray cray that my poor feeble ol' mind cant comprehend the blabbering fools on IGS.

There used to be a saying the community had: "There is no doing it wrong" which is what I hold by, but everyone must understand IC actions and even OOC actions have IC consequences.
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2015, 16:15 by John Revenent »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #223 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:13 »

Well I hope I never drove new RPers out of the community... :|

Anskek

« Reply #224 on: 22 Jan 2015, 16:14 »

@JFR: NONE WOULD DARE BLAME YOU, ESPECIALLY THIS HUMBLE FAN BOI, OF FORCING NEW BLOOD FROM THE COMMUNITY, OH NOBLE AND BENEVOLENT EMPEROR JOHN BALLS'O'STEEL MOTHERFUCKING RELEVANT

@Lyn: I dunno, you just got back lol. My experience with you is that you call BS as you see BS (in a far more polite way than I do).
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20