Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Serpentis stole one of the six Soltueur-class Titans from the Gallente Federation?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: State of the Eve RP 2014 - 2015  (Read 32938 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: State of the Eve RP 2014 - 2015
« Reply #180 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:13 »

Disregard loyalties, create your own faction.

Love the gold. All the gold.

This.

Origin faction best faction <3

UM FC?

HELLO?

BALLER FACTION CLEARLY STRONKEST))

just lucky puny hole worm not fit girth of mighty serb apex force)))

lucky indeed
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #181 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:14 »

Disregard loyalties, create your own faction.

Love the gold. All the gold.

This.

Origin faction best faction <3

UM FC?

HELLO?

BALLER FACTION CLEARLY STRONKEST))

just lucky puny hole worm not fit girth of mighty serb apex force)))

@Nico: Fake gold FC.

fixed that for you! ;)

Anskek

« Reply #182 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:15 »

@ Saede: WOW FC WHAT THE ACTUAL EFF

@Nico: Rude.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #183 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:17 »

Wormholes are irrelevant, because the RP in them might as well be in a different game, because of the fundamental lack of interaction between wormholes and the rest of the universe. The whole thing about being able to physically control access by closing the wormholes as they open, limits interaction with the rest of the game world. Other than noise in chat channels.
\o/

Anskek

« Reply #184 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:19 »

No RP is irrelevant.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #185 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:21 »

Wormholes are irrelevant, because the RP in them might as well be in a different game, because of the fundamental lack of interaction between wormholes and the rest of the universe. The whole thing about being able to physically control access by closing the wormholes as they open, limits interaction with the rest of the game world. Other than noise in chat channels.

Yikes, no.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #186 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:22 »

No, RP is irrelevant.
fixed that for you, again!

Anskek

« Reply #187 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:22 »

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #188 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:24 »

Clearly you just don't understand how to wormholes.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #189 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:26 »

There's plenty of stuff going on in, around, and between wormholes, and they are all valid parts of the game.

In fact it's one of the few dynamic parts of the game going on these days.

Wormhole entities opening portals into normal reality, launching piratical attacks, and vanishing back into their territory.  It's actually very neat RP to interact with on either side. There's opportunities for pew pew, character work, etc. 

I think you're statements are coming more from a place perhaps of unfamiliarity?

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #190 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:30 »

After several months of angst and scurrying I have learned to, basically, love the bomb. The facts being that the people I love to actually play the game part of the game with not being compatible with the mini-game that is RP within the game.

The final part of that really happened yesterday when I shot at and was shot at by State Loyalists. I can still cling to the sophistry that they are filthy liberals whom my parent Mega is not pleased with at the moment, anyway, and that this kind of proxy war is very Pre-Heth State, and so I'm gonna do that.

But yes, I'm aware of the contradictions, I just choose to handwave them rather than go full-pirate.

*got to lock Pieter*

Sami really didn't want to fire IC. But I really really wanted to fire OOC. Does that make me a bad person. <.<

Anskek

« Reply #191 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:31 »

After several months of angst and scurrying I have learned to, basically, love the bomb. The facts being that the people I love to actually play the game part of the game with not being compatible with the mini-game that is RP within the game.

The final part of that really happened yesterday when I shot at and was shot at by State Loyalists. I can still cling to the sophistry that they are filthy liberals whom my parent Mega is not pleased with at the moment, anyway, and that this kind of proxy war is very Pre-Heth State, and so I'm gonna do that.

But yes, I'm aware of the contradictions, I just choose to handwave them rather than go full-pirate.

*got to lock Pieter*

Sami really didn't want to fire IC. But I really really wanted to fire OOC. Does that make me a bad person. <.<

Goooooood, gooooooooooood. Releaaaaase your aaaaangeeeer. Feeeeeel the POWER...of the daaaaaark siiiiiide.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #192 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:32 »

This thread reminds me of some of the threads that used to appear on a different forum, years ago. Before FW.

When FW appeared, and numerous "non-rp" corporations joined, there was a lot of sound and fury on that forum.

The argument generally went:
1. That player JerkAss McJerk is a rude obnoxious player, who makes -ist comments in local whenever they are engaged by our corporation.
2. JerkAss McJerk is in Particular Militia.
3. Therefore it is incumbent on RPers of Particular Faction to police the entire militia.
4. Since Particular Faction RPers have not policed JerkAss McJerk out of Particular Militia, it is clear that Particular Faction RPers are Bad People, who condone -ist behaviour.
5. Shame on Particular Faction RPers. Shame. Shaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

:|

The accompanying argument was:
1. Particular Militia exists.
2. Particular faction RPers not engaged in FW, are obviously Bad Players who lack RP integrity, and thus can be completely ignored OOC and IC, as having irrelevant opinions.
3. Shame on Particular Faction RPers. Shaaaame.

:|

Anyway

On the topic of Non-FW activities to "support your faction", there have been a tiny number of things, almost all of which have been CCP run live events, of varying quality and immersiveness - the Sansha's Nation live events, some of which had questionable timings - e.g. half an hour between "30 minutes before operation complete" and "20 minutes before operation complete" announcements by the Nation NPC actor. The other, far more recent thing, was the "research race", which involved expending a lot of assets, to determine CCPs release schedule of T3 destroyers.

That's not a lot of opportunities to "support your faction", over what? 7 years now ?

Also, I didn't know there were so many closet blooders in the militias. :|
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #193 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:35 »

Wormhole entities opening portals into normal reality, launching piratical attacks, and vanishing back into their territory.  It's actually very neat RP to interact with on either side. There's opportunities for pew pew, character work, etc. 
I think you're statements are coming more from a place perhaps of unfamiliarity?

The only RP comments I've ever seen from wormhole players, have been "oh, I'm patrolling space, keeping out intruders, collapsing wormholes as they open", not about leaving their wormhole base to intrude into other people's spaces.
\o/

Anskek

« Reply #194 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:41 »

The only RP comments I've ever seen from wormhole players, have been "oh, I'm patrolling space, keeping out intruders, collapsing wormholes as they open", not about leaving their wormhole base to intrude into other people's spaces.

Right. No. You stop, RIGHT there. That is the very same attitude and bullshit tossed at me that caused a whole hell of a lot of problems in the past and should never, EVER be copped at people. When I said there is no irrelevant RP, I fucking meant it.

So what they don't go shoot shit? So what they don't leave their hole? It isn't a requirement that relevant RP involve combat all the fucking time.

Everyone asked what happened to that nice, non-aggressive Anslol all those years ago? Protip: Shit like the above that I got from a lot of people. I snapped. I got better at pvp, and I fought back and won. That doesn't mean others must follow suit and I will fucking burn the sky to defend people's right to RP in a non-combatant way.

RP does not require PvP. Period. Anyone got a problem with that statement? Feel free to drop by Rancer en masse and fucking discuss it.

/end_rant
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20