Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Society for the Conservation of State Traditions is a fiercly nationalistic Caldari lobbyist organization that unleashed a scathing rebuke of PIE Inc. pilot Kostantin Mort in late YC106.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ten thousand years, Fiction Prompt. [FINISHED]  (Read 5798 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Ten thousand years, Fiction Prompt.
« Reply #15 on: 12 Jul 2015, 08:29 »

Another funny thing is that I had been considering if Miz's actual IC name should be Mizara.

Because Mizara's Doll, right?
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #16 on: 12 Jul 2015, 09:00 »

Another funny thing is that I had been considering if Miz's actual IC name should be Mizara.

Because Mizara's Doll, right?

You wut mate?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #17 on: 12 Jul 2015, 09:01 »

Mizara is an NPC in the SSoE epic arc.

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #18 on: 12 Jul 2015, 09:08 »

ohh lol. Need to find another name then :P

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 15 Jul 2015, 15:29 »

Fuck it! Adding another month to the contest and since I've lost track of the previous submissions I ask that any that have already written one link it in this thread.

New finishing date is 2015.08.15 and I'll spend one week after that determining the "winner". The prize will simply be a faction/pirate frig, cruiser or battleship depending on who the winner is and what I know about their characters' allegiance and playstyle.

Cakzad Arcashiri

• Stick-Up-His-Arse-Holder
  • Clonejack
« Reply #20 on: 16 Jul 2015, 08:25 »

Am I late? I'm feeling late  :lol:

I will probably write something up for this. If I win 1st Place though (seeing as I don't play the game anymore lol), you can give the prize to 2nd place. Or something. I don't really care.

One question, how long does the story have to be?

Also, hope you get better Mizhara! Or, better then better, or something  :D
"I hope that War is quick, violent, and forceful. But not this, never this."
 - Cakzad Arcashiri discussing the Militia Wars.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #21 on: 18 Jul 2015, 00:54 »

Fuck it! Adding another month to the contest and since I've lost track of the previous submissions I ask that any that have already written one link it in this thread.

New finishing date is 2015.08.15 and I'll spend one week after that determining the "winner". The prize will simply be a faction/pirate frig, cruiser or battleship depending on who the winner is and what I know about their characters' allegiance and playstyle.

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=6281.0 was mine

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=6418.0 is written by Quintrala, don't know if they wrote anything more, maybe someone could poke them.

i think there were a couple others, but I can't seem to find them
\o/

Quintrala

• Speed Fairy
  • Wetgraver
  • Summer is coming
    • Speed Fairy Blog
« Reply #22 on: 18 Jul 2015, 11:41 »

"Until we meet again" http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=6308.0 by Saede Riordan was pretty awesome.

Q

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 15 Aug 2015, 18:21 »

Today is technically the deadline, but since I promised a week to review them all, I'll let that be a bit fluid unless it literally is posted in one week.

Arrendis

• Clonejack
« Reply #24 on: 15 Aug 2015, 18:40 »

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=6778.0

My entry. Finally done. Ending's weak.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #25 on: 15 Aug 2015, 18:54 »

Any others who wrote (or posts within the next couple of days) should add a link to their story in this thread. Going through a ton of posts to find NE10K entries is a bit of a PITA.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #26 on: 23 Aug 2015, 05:50 »

so who won ?
\o/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 23 Aug 2015, 13:05 »

In the end, it was a difficult decision. There's been some great concepts introduced, some presented better than others and there's been some poor concepts delivered in a fantastic way. I've been teetering back and forth on a decision and in the end I was rather surprised at which one snuck ahead of everything else by a tiny bit...

Empyrean Technology by Quintrala is the winner of NE10K.

Before everyone breaks out the pitchforks and torches, let me justify that.

It may have been flash fiction, but it told so much with so little. The others that were neck and neck with this one were in many ways stronger entries but needed so much more to do it, and they just kept making this one shine even brighter in comparison. I can so vividly see the Gods of New Eden being reduced to yet another skillbook, detailing the technology of the lost civilization we once considered the peak of human evolution. It really teases the mind and lets us imagine all manner of things.

Edited in: I'd like to also add that it made me emotional. I envisioned the humongous civilizations of New Eden, the knowledge, the huge causes, the desires and all the things New Eden's inhabitants considered so vital and important just... fading away, into irrelevancy. Being rendered just... a note in history. No one cares anymore, other than how the technology can be applied in the world ten thousand years from now.

It lends a bit of interesting perspective to the current state of New Eden and the people (and real life players) in it, and how much is invested in these things.

In three short paragraphs the spirit of NE10K was fully filled, and that has earned it the win here.

I do want to stress that every entry was in the running. There's been some very strong entries, more than I expected, and if this one hadn't stood out like it did, I'd still be wracking my head trying to pick one over the other.

Quintrala, send me a PM here on the site with your character's preferences in space activity, faction allegiance etc, please.
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2015, 13:20 by Mizhara »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #28 on: 23 Aug 2015, 13:10 »

Arrendis

• Clonejack
« Reply #29 on: 23 Aug 2015, 13:24 »

Congratulations Quintrala!