Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That it is illegal to import walnuts on to the planet Amarr Prime?

Author Topic: [Character] Anyanka Funk  (Read 2859 times)

genofunk

[Character] Anyanka Funk
« on: 07 Mar 2014, 19:15 »

Name: Anyanka Funk
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Strawberry blonde dyed black
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 130ish
Place of Birth: Hek V
Date of Birth: YC 85-10-09 (27 years old)
Legal Status: Outlaw

Born to capsuleer parents that served in the Tribal Liberation Force. Anyanka went to Republic University but dropped out after a few months of becoming a pilot to join The Volition Cult in the Providence region.

Anyanka Left V.C. to live in Anoikis with one of her ex-corp mates. She met a young brutor that she had a short relationship with in Anoikis and conceived a daughter. Anyanka left her pregnant clone in Oris Emperor family academy. Almost 9 months had passed when Anyanka jumped back into her pregnant clone. She never told the father she was pregnant and had since lost communication with him. Anyanka was very careful to not engage in combat with her unborn baby inside of her in her pod but she did undock and went roaming through Anoikis in her Hound, looking for lost treasures, as is her past-time.

She didn't even realize it at first but her body started to go into labor somewhere in Anoikis. She followed her breadcrumbs to get back to empire space but was led to a dead-end. Her exit had collapsed! Searching for a new exit became difficult. She was led through a steady stream of class five systems until she finally got to a 0.0 system. It seemed hopeless and it was. The pain she went through in her pod was excruciating, just to have the poor newborn suffocate in the ectoplasmic liquid. Anyanka felt like she could never forgive herself. She contemplated self destructing.

This is the moment she heard GOD for the first time. Anyanka was never religious and lived a lifestyle of hedonism and non-belief. But she was certain this clear blaring voice in her skull was that of GOD. GOD told Anyanka that her daughter would be saved but she had to stay alive and find a way back to get them both out of the capsule. GOD guided Anyanka's probes to the low-security system of Kourmonen. God told Anyanka to dock in an X-Sense chemical plant and that the child's body was lost but her soul could only be saved by consumption. Believing this could only be the true word of god, in tears, Anyanka consumed the body and blood of her stillbirth. GOD had now left her and Anyanka had a new take on life, GOD, and religion.

Anyanka started looking for answers through the Amarr faith. She joined the Amarr faction war, but found no answers.. Until she found the Sani Sabik faith. She started going on about her incident with her GOD and child with her corporation and alliance mates and was almost immediately kicked from the corporation and banished from the Amarr faction. She was told that this GOD must be the RED GOD. The same god of the Blood Raider Covenant! She had no idea that Blood Raiders even believed in GOD until she finally managed to talk to one Blood Apostle.

Anyanka now lives in KFIE-Z and works with Blood Raider Covenant as a Chosen member of the Sani Sabik faith.

« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2014, 10:02 by Anyanka Funk »

genofunk

Re: [Character] Anyanka Funk
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2014, 10:02 »

Anya is full blood raider now. So her whole attitude is probably going to be worse. She only eats clones now and an occasional tuber baby.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2014, 12:25 »

You are literally retarded.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

genofunk

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2014, 12:45 »

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2014, 21:54 »

Anya is taking a year vow of silence. I think it has something to do with listening to red god. She has always tried to quiet it's "voice". Ever talk to a blood raider? If they don't talk back, they might be taking a vow of silence as well.

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2014, 21:54 »

Anya is taking a year vow of silence. I think it has something to do with listening to red god. She has always tried to quiet it's "voice". Ever talk to a blood raider? If they don't talk back, they might be taking a vow of silence as well.

Oddly, the first thing that comes to mind about the Blood Raider NPCs is that growl like blabbering speech they make when they first appear.

I'm not sure how practical a 'vow of silence' would be in the life of a capsuleer Pirate pilot. How would you be able to communicate with the rest of your ship's crew, or those in your fleet, or be able to demand ransoms from your victims?

According to the prime fiction, there are thousands of different sects of Sanik Sabi. However, I see the version that the Blood Raiders practice as being the 'left hand path' of indulgence. I think that someone in the IGS mentioned something about the five tenants of the Blood Raider faith.

Monks that take the vow of silence don't need to worry about finding sustenance, or docking their spaceship, or communicating over a coms link. All of their material needs are taken care of within the Monastery, and their daily routine is planned out for them. They are more like farmed sheep, whereas pirates are more like wild wolves.

Also, a 'vow of silence' is more about abstinence than indulgence. I would think that a Blood Raider would make the opposite sort of vow, such as a vow of profanity or something.

I, myself think that those who turn towards the Sanik Sabi faith would do so as persecuted loners at first. In time, they would meet others secretly and engage in ritual. Those first few years as a hermit, or even at a religious order might include a year long vow of silence. As a capsuleer though? I don't see how practical it would be.

What do you plan to do with your daughter? Eat her? 

Also,

This is the moment she heard GOD for the first time. Anyanka was never religious and lived a lifestyle of hedonism and non-belief.

I'm not sure if it is PF, but someone on the IGS said that the Blood Raiders considered hedonism to be the path to enlightenment. There seems to be some disagreement on this, and of course there are thousands of different Sanik Sabi sects.
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2014, 22:01 by Jikahr »
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2014, 23:01 »

Obviously, Blood Raiders and Satanism are hardly related. However, just as the Amarr religion is based upon the Catholic church, so too could Sanik Sabi be derived from Satanism, which in some ways is just an inversion of Christianity.

Take a look at the Nine Satanic statements and think how they might relate to an EVE corporation. I am not trying to proselytize the church of Satan here, just use it as an example.

In the place of 'Satan', imagine they are saying 'The Red God'.

http://www.churchofsatan.com/nine-satanic-statements.php

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

This is the so called 'left hand path' to spiritual enlightenment. God created the Universe and everything in it so that these things could be embraced and enjoyed, not feared and rejected. Eat, drink and be merry!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

Active participation in life (and ops), instead of fantasizing or reading about it. This might also apply to 'scrubs', moochers, carebears, and anyone else who is all talk and no action.

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

Basically this means listening to and trusting your own body, or your inner voice. If you are a woman that is sexually attracted to other women, go for it! This is the path God has chosen for you.

Hypocritical self-deceit would be suppressing your sexual urges to try and fool yourself that those lesbian desires aren't real or your own, but coming from an 'evil' place or person outside of you.

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

Essentially, this means 'earn my trust/ respect'. You can be kind to your corpies or fellow Blood Raiders, but deal with moochers and slackers harshly. It also means honoring ransoms.

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

Enough said. Pew pew.

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

No moochers. A drama queen would be an example of a 'psychic vampire'. If someone wants your help, they have to have proven themselves worthy first. Otherwise, it's the Darwin awards for them.

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

I'm not sure how this would apply to Blood Raiders, except that it is a call to embrace one's carnal nature. A Blood Raider is no better, and no worse than a Slaver hound. In fact, a Blood Raider is just the smartest, fastest, most vicious breed of Slaver hound there is.

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

For gratification, read 'enlightenment'.

Capsuleers are living Gods, or in some ways an extension of the true red God. Participation in orgies, blooding, cannibalism, drug use, etc. all of these lead to the wisdom that God must somehow approve, since these actions are often rewarded and seldom punished by an omnipotent and omniscient God. In other words, if God doesn't strike you dead, he must approve.

The orthodox Amarrians have convince their slaves that by following the path of abstinence, they shall be rewarded in the afterlife. Blood Raiders know this to be a lie. Look at how the slaves live versus how the Holders live! If the path of abstinence truly led to enlightenment, why haven't the Holders taken this path themselves? Why force it on their slaves?

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

This isn't really applicable to EVE. I suppose you could say that the Blood Raiders are the 'friends' of the Orthodox Amarrians because they hunt and kill off the weak Amarrians. This 'thinning of the herd' removes defective genes from the gene pool, and encourages the survivors to study PVP instead of mining. Without the help and guidance of the Blood Raiders, the Amarrians would not have developed into the strong militaristic empire that they are today.
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #7 on: 28 Aug 2014, 07:20 »

Thank you for the thought out comments!

Yes, Anya had to eat her daughter to sanctify it's blood and let it be born again.

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Asias%20Urazmie#ui-tabs-3 Asias, the only actual Covenant member to post on IGS, speaks for Sarikusa. Anya will refrain from speaking at all.
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2014, 21:14 by Anyanka Funk »

MatthewDust

• Clonejack
« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2015, 09:03 »

It was a pleasure meeting you the other day, my internet took a dump so my journey to hek was slowed.