Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Jin-Mei homeworlds of Lirsautton III and V are called Chakaux and Chandeille respectively?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Yes ? No ? Maybe ?  (Read 3979 times)

Lyn Farel

Yes ? No ? Maybe ?
« on: 26 Nov 2014, 13:39 »

We were several to wonder what is happening exactly regarding that kind of things moderation wise ?

Do the forum staff actually endorse that ? Or is it a case where after two days mods have had other imperatives explaining why nothing has yet been done ? If so, my apologies in advance, but to be honest, there should not be a waiting of 2 days or more for that kind of bullshit to be removed.  :roll:

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Yes ? No ? Maybe ?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2014, 13:46 »

I reported the OP. Ignored the rest of the thread. That's all one can do.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2014, 15:39 »

I'm unclear on what you mean by "that".

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2014, 16:24 »

Considering I have the last post in that thread, I am also curious what comments are the moderator worthy ones.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2014, 16:37 »

Rule 3: Respect other users of Backstage@EVE-Inspiracy.com. Do not make attacks, either in the forums or through Private Messages. Challenging ideas is fine, but do not attack individuals or groups. Racist, ageist, sexist (including the use of 'rape' or 'raped' as a synonym for 'defeat' or 'defeated' and similar inappropriate uses), homophobic (including the use of "gay" as a pejorative) and other slurs are prohibited. Ad hominem attacks are prohibited. Challenging ideas is fine, but do not attack individuals or groups.

FAQ - Polite Posting - Our Culture

Culture:
This forum is an OOC place for EVE roleplayers to discuss the game and roleplaying. It is a place to exchange ideas and share information. It is a place for positive, polite debate. It is a place for discussion, not arguments.

It is a place for civil and courteous conversation. It is not a place for flamewars, bullying, point-scoring or other asshattery. (The Mods reserve the right to define 'asshattery' as behaviour not in line with the forum's purpose). It is not a place for people to show how 'wrong' others are. It is not a place for the ventilation of personal vendettas. It is not a place for insults, either veiled or explicit. It is not a place for telling other people they are 'doing it wrong". It is not a place to carry on In Character feuds.

You are here as the player, not the as the character. We expect that, regardless of the personality of your character, you will behave as an adult and respect the other members of this community.

Racist, sexist and homophobic remarks will not be tolerated. Ad hominem attacks will not be tolerated.

either that applies or it does not.
\o/

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 26 Nov 2014, 16:40 »

Applies to which comment? I would like to know if someone thinks I was somehow attacking someone, as that was certainly not my intent. If it was not my comment, then I shall leave this thread to those involved.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 2014, 17:20 »

Applies to what? If you're referring to the OP, then I would have to say no it does not. It's an example of something we as roleplayers rather tend to frown upon and used as a reminder why that is. If anything was an attack, it was the rather severe breach of IC/OOC to begin with.

You'll also note that there was no naming and shaming. Those interested in finding out could, those who were not interested did not get it in the post. The thread is about blatantly using the OOC channel as a source for IC intel with the latest example of this mentioned.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2014, 17:33 »

It is not a place for people to show how 'wrong' others are. It is not a place for the ventilation of personal vendettas. It is not a place for insults, either veiled or explicit.

lead nutbag of the nutbag narrative claiming nutbag things.

Okay.
\o/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2014, 17:40 »

And with context?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #9 on: 27 Nov 2014, 00:23 »

the context is you having an ingame conversation in the OOC channel (which for some reason was about me, rather than about the person that that thread is about), and then bringing it here. A conversation that was apparently offensive enough for people to report that thread.

So, you're bringing ingame disputes onto these forums, which is against the rules and FaQ.
\o/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 27 Nov 2014, 01:52 »

So, no context for the partial sentence you quoted then? Even just the full sentence might do the trick, even. It might suit your purposes a bit less if you don't editorialize it, of course, but it might be a bit less dishonest.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #11 on: 27 Nov 2014, 02:17 »

I honestly expected that entire thread to have been moderated long, long ago.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #12 on: 27 Nov 2014, 05:27 »

Considering I have the last post in that thread, I am also curious what comments are the moderator worthy ones.

I actually linked the specific post in the OP =)

I'm unclear on what you mean by "that".

You'll also note that there was no naming and shaming. Those interested in finding out could, those who were not interested did not get it in the post. The thread is about blatantly using the OOC channel as a source for IC intel with the latest example of this mentioned.

Linked in the OP : calling people nutbags and nutcases. Not having named them is a double fallacy in itself since :

- Everyone perfectly knows you are talking about the linked post on the IGS. Which is about Valerie Valate and CTCS. It is also not a secret to anyone that they are controversial, and have been a lot more in the recent months. Don't play dumb with me, you are smarter than that.

- Most similar posts on these boards have been modded for that precise reason : not naming people or groups but alluding to them by veiled snipes have always been modded.

The shaming is inherent to the insults in themselves. By calling people nutbags, it directly intend to ostracize them or consider them as such. Without even speaking about the personal attack in itself.

Applies to what? If you're referring to the OP, then I would have to say no it does not. It's an example of something we as roleplayers rather tend to frown upon and used as a reminder why that is. If anything was an attack, it was the rather severe breach of IC/OOC to begin with.

I was not totally at ease when reading the OP, but as much as it was targeting the practice of a few players that are not even there to defend themselves, I have absolutely nothing against YDIW issues, unlike the staff of the forum. I think as long as they are done in a civil way, they can prove to be extremely healthy for the community as a whole. Thus why I found the outcome of the OP rather interesting, as well as most answers.
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2014, 05:30 by Lyn Farel »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 27 Nov 2014, 06:00 »

I still urge you to read the nutbags and nutcases lines again. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #14 on: 27 Nov 2014, 12:53 »

FAQ - Polite Posting - Our Culture

It is a place for civil and courteous conversation. It is not a place for flamewars, bullying, point-scoring or other asshattery. (The Mods reserve the right to define 'asshattery' as behaviour not in line with the forum's purpose). It is not a place for people to show how 'wrong' others are. It is not a place for the ventilation of personal vendettas. It is not a place for insults, either veiled or explicit. It is not a place for telling other people they are 'doing it wrong". It is not a place to carry on In Character feuds.

You are here as the player, not the as the character. We expect that, regardless of the personality of your character, you will behave as an adult and respect the other members of this community.

Racist, sexist and homophobic remarks will not be tolerated. Ad hominem attacks will not be tolerated.

either that applies or it does not.

Try reading that again. Go ahead, I'll wait.
\o/
Pages: [1] 2