Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front used local civilian employees in its orbital production facility known as Prosperity Station? Read more about it here

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Confessor  (Read 5310 times)

Karynn

Re: The Confessor
« Reply #30 on: 22 Dec 2014, 14:43 »

Had my first fight with a Confessor today.
I lost!
I'll tell the whole story, it was quite funny!...

I set out on another crime spree through high-sec Metropolis in my Jaguar. I've got a festive launcher in my utility high, a pile of snowballs, assorted ammunition, synth drop and a bottle of Thukker whiskey.

I patrol the belts, swiping meta 4 loots from wrecks and hurling snowballs at the resident miners. At this point, I must say that miners are the most dour and miserable cunts in the cluster. For all my festive efforts, I get an "asshole" in Local and a private convo consisting of "wtf dude?". The rest are stone-cold silent.

In Finanar, I come across a couple of miners and an MTU. Merrily I start smashing up the MTU whilst bombarding the miners with compacted snow.

A minute of this goes by, then all of a sudden, I'm pointed. That's odd, the miners don't have a lock on me... then a chunk of my shields evaporate. I start to align out whilst trying to figure out what's going on. There's something destroyer shaped, red and flashing, closing in on my main view, but overview just shows miners and MTU... I'm sure some of you have guessed at my critical failure by now!

I ctrl-click on the main view and target my aggressor - it's a Confessor. I know jack-shit about this ship. I don't know if I can outrun it, what its resists are or what it's got up its sleeve. I overheat a/b to pull range... but he's still closing. I turn to fight, hoping that the RF Phased Plasma I've already got loaded has some impact. His shields disappear quickly, but then I hit some tough armour that's not going anywhere quick.

To make matters worse, two Catalysts drop out of warp and make a bee-line for me. I know my Jag can take the Cats, so I dive straight at them - my shield buffer's nearly gone and it looks like I'm going to lose this, but I'm taking these two chancers with me.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/43301418/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/43301424/

They're not tanked and go down pretty quickly, but I'm in hull by the time I turn back to the Confessor. Seconds later I'm warping my pod out and posting up the gf's in Local.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/43301425/

Throughout the whole fight, I kept that snowball launcher going, pelting my adversaries defiantly!  :lol:

The moral of the story is always update your overview settings with newly released ship classes!

But other than that, can anyone offer any advice on how these things can be set-up and/or countered?

Thanks!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #31 on: 22 Dec 2014, 15:07 »

You can lolfit a 10mn AB on there and get 1mn MWD speed and agility with it on when the destroyer is in Speed mode. Or you can go more traditional with the appropriately-sized prop mod.

DK/Lithium uses one fit like that with pulses and an SAAR. Kala had one on Sisi that used beams.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #32 on: 23 Dec 2014, 01:00 »

So far, about 90% of the confessors that have died have been armour/kite fit. Your best bet is to orbit close, apply as much dps as possible and get webs on him. You won't be able to run away, o you have to hope they're using the largest possible guns and a cap booster instead of a web so that you can outtrack them. If you run into a brick tanked one in a frigate, you're basically fucked  :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Karynn

« Reply #33 on: 24 Dec 2014, 02:01 »

Thanks guys. I went read some stuffs and the conclusion of those, your advice and my experience is, as Kala succinctly puts it...

If you run into a brick tanked one in a frigate, you're basically fucked  :D

Oh yeah :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]