Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front's "rampant griffin" corp logo was adopted after the pro-Federation corp The Durandal Organization created a logo using motifs similar to the ILF's original logo?

Author Topic: "The Vapor Trail"  (Read 1630 times)

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Owner/Operator GZS Productions & Club Zer0
  • Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
"The Vapor Trail"
« on: 20 Nov 2014, 14:16 »

So, here's the first mail I sent out to the mailing list:

"Howdy everybody!

I'm sure some of you don't remember me, and that's okay. Doesn't matter anyway...I'm a new me! However, now that I'm back I want to jump into the fray again. No, no...not with killing Amarrians. (Really sorry about all that guys.) I've got something new up my sleeve.

I'm currently refurbishing one of Krull's abandoned bases in Taff. I hired a very interesting scientist to do some freelance work for on the thing and I'm now the proud owner of the cluster's first night clubwith both Tech II cloaking upgrades along with a afterburner propulsion drive. We don't stop the slowboat in Taff! We're always cloaked and moving throughout the system!

You lovely ladies and men will be able to connect to our club with wonderful Duvolle Laboratories solid light holo-projection! You'll not only be there in appearance like a lot of places do today, but you'll have tactile response in everything you do! Our holo-capability is second to none!

For opening night, we're going to throw a party like Eve hasn't seen in a while. I'm hoping to attract some big names and it is the only time that more than 5 capsuleers will be physically allowed in the club. For more information, please visit www.groundzerosum.com on the GalNet. Please keep in mind that it is still a work in progress.

So, Visian, you'll throw parties for a living now?

No, of course not. Ground Zero Sum itself is the name of my production company. The cluster hasn't seen a good entertainment company in quite a while. The baseliners produce holoreels, music, and various other pieces of culture. The capsuleers can do the same thing. I mean, look at Ms. Kayleigh Doyle and her company? It's practically legendary.

I do have my own sense of what I find entertaining and I hope you do too. The first event for our kind has been brainstormed by some of the best minds in the cluster. I like to call it "The Vapor Trail."

For a simple 10 million ISK per entry, single participants enter into a contest. 1 will be selected to receive the coordinates of a package before all others. That pilot will be allowed to plan his course. Once the package is retrieved, it will lead to the clue of the next destination. Once the pilot reaches the package and places it in their hold, the game is afoot. Every other participant along with the rest of Eve will likely try to kill you.

What happens when they pick up the package? Tag, you're it. The person that gets the last package to me will get the prize.

And just what is the prize?

3 BILLION ISK AND 2 PIRATE FACTION FRIGATES (Of our choosing, of course)

There is no second place. As long as you have ships to fight with, you're stil entered. Kill the bastards.

There have to be rules, so here they are:
1. No ship is banned but you can be the only ship on the kill mail that got you the package. No gangs, no gang links. You, solo.
2. The first pilot can use a cloaking device to get to the first package. However, once the package is placed in the hold of the ship, the cloaking device has to come off. No cloaking devices are allowed on any other ship. Failure to follow this rule results in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of any and all winnings and entry fees.

Basically, you gotta be in it for yourself and no hiding like a pansy.

All entry fees should go to Nina Vull. I will put up an entry list as time goes on. The capsuleer that gets selected to go first will be determined by donation. Biggest donation goes first.

Prepare yourself. Things are going to get interesting.

Sincerely,

V"

This is going to be the big intro to the story. I'm hoping to do it before the holiday break (Christmas/New Year) where everyone will be meh when playing Eve. I want to open the club and do the event on the same day.

Any help at all would be good. If you'd rather take a more character based approach to this, I could you the RP to drive it forward. If you'd like to help me plant the clues, I could really use it. If you have any spare ISK to through in sponsorship monies, I can let people in for free. 100% all of the ISK I receive will go back to the prizes. I'll screenshot my wallets for you whenever you ask. No secrets on that front and I don't care anyway.

Thoughts?
"Lies, manipulation, deceit...those are my tools in trade. The end game is always violence though. It's no good to just beat someone. You have to dissect their world and make 'em beg for an end. You twist 'em as much as you can and then you come down on 'em like the hammer of god." - Visian Mu'artarkan, Private Sessions

ground ze/ro sum

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
Re: "The Vapor Trail"
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2014, 15:26 »

I will, of course, be putting up the majority of ISK for this one. Hopefully, if people enjoy participating, I'll make enough to cover it. I pretty much RP only and don't go outside the station much. You might see an alt now and again if I get bored.
"Lies, manipulation, deceit...those are my tools in trade. The end game is always violence though. It's no good to just beat someone. You have to dissect their world and make 'em beg for an end. You twist 'em as much as you can and then you come down on 'em like the hammer of god." - Visian Mu'artarkan, Private Sessions

ground ze/ro sum

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2014, 15:38 »

2. The first pilot can use a cloaking device to get to the first package. However, once the package is placed in the hold of the ship, the cloaking device has to come off. No cloaking devices are allowed on any other ship. Failure to follow this rule results in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of any and all winnings and entry fees.

How will you be able to confirm this?
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2014, 16:20 »

Because I'm going to have eyes everywhere man. Twitch is your friend.

ground ze/ro sum

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2014, 16:22 »

Can't really cheat if you've got to broadcast the whole thing. Where do you think the entertainment part came in?

We get to watch the whole time. I'm calling it VaporVision. Brand new media product.  :D

ground ze/ro sum

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #5 on: 20 Nov 2014, 17:41 »

Sounds great! When will this start? After Christmas & New Years Eve?
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
« Reply #6 on: 20 Nov 2014, 20:57 »

Dec. 21st, whenever the UK wakes up and starts playing. We quit 23 hours later. What time do most UK players wake up and start playing on Sunday?

ground ze/ro sum

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
« Reply #7 on: 20 Nov 2014, 20:59 »

Also, just got Roc Wieler to do a show that day. yessssssss.....

ground ze/ro sum

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
« Reply #8 on: 20 Nov 2014, 21:14 »

Still need peeps to help me plant the clues and design the route the first pilot has to take.

ground ze/ro sum

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
« Reply #9 on: 21 Nov 2014, 14:25 »

Okay then, so I need production people now. Who knows how to handle twitch feeds and wants to help me put a stamp on this? Who here is good at graphics and would like to help? I don't want to tell you what to do. I want you to take what you can do and put your stamp on this.

I mean, how would the Amarrians react to a production company that makes killing one another a high art with production value? I'll stream it through the site I've got up and YouTube. I just need people that want to be a part of something in Eve. Maybe some don't include you in the RP game because you have an unusual character. Visian wants the whack jobs, the off-kilter, the ones who don't fit. Think Reavers with class.

I'll work solely on the production side of this and hardly ever leave my station. Let's show them how you play Eve.

ground ze/ro sum

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
« Reply #10 on: 21 Nov 2014, 14:29 »

Also, does anyone know how to get in touch with the Mittani in RL? heeeheeeheeee

ground ze/ro sum

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #11 on: 21 Nov 2014, 17:13 »

Check out the "Frigate Race" channel ingame. Julius Rigel hangs out there on one of his alts, and might like to assist you. He also has experience with Twitching EVEnts...or something like that.
-OOChé

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
« Reply #12 on: 22 Nov 2014, 06:21 »

That will happen.:)

ground ze/ro sum