Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Guristas co-founder Jirai Laitanen, also known as Fatal, was podded in YC106, but suffered from severe memory loss and motor impairment because he only had an inferior clone on standby.

Author Topic: Phoebe Patch Notes  (Read 1761 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Phoebe Patch Notes
« on: 30 Oct 2014, 12:51 »

Found here.

This caught my eye:

A new line of rigs has been added, known as the Higgs Anchor rig. It is available in all rig sizes, tech one only:
25 Calibration
+100% Mass
-55% Inertia
-75% Max Velocity
Drawback of -10% Warp Speed (reduced by the Astronautics Rigging skill).

Seems.. relatively pointless, except for wormhole collapsing?

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Anyanka Funk

Re: Phoebe Patch Notes
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2014, 13:06 »

Found here.

This caught my eye:

A new line of rigs has been added, known as the Higgs Anchor rig. It is available in all rig sizes, tech one only:
25 Calibration
+100% Mass
-55% Inertia
-75% Max Velocity
Drawback of -10% Warp Speed (reduced by the Astronautics Rigging skill).

Seems.. relatively pointless, except for wormhole collapsing?

It would also effect fuel efficiency for jump bridges / jump portals if someone wants to be a dick.
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2014, 13:17 by Anyanka Funk »

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2014, 14:26 »

Mining.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2014, 14:31 »

Reduce bumping efficiency. Hmm. I can see uses for this. Not enough to make it worth it over other rigs, but uses.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2014, 14:50 »

Apparently CCP had originally conceived of it as a miner's rig (sit aligned while moving more slowly, harder to bump, etc) but right now the thing everyone is planning to use i for is rolling wormholes with a relatively small hull. Between plates and this rig, you can get a Proteus significantly over the mass of a battleship and still have it be somewhat mobile.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2014, 14:56 »

Probably better to use on a Devoter than a Proterus for hole wrecking to be honest.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2014, 16:36 »

Except that the discussed Proteus fit uses the covert subsystem. Also, Devoter does not have sufficient grid to carry the same number of plates.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #7 on: 30 Oct 2014, 16:50 »

Even so, puffing out to the size of a battleship to crit an exit, then shrinking back down to the size of a destroyer by popping off le rigs, offlining plates,  and popping a bubble to go back home rather than being a locked out Proterus seems to me to be more reasonable.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #8 on: 01 Nov 2014, 05:11 »

Who gets locked out when rolling holes in their own system (which is the only conceivable reason to roll a hole).  They typically know the mass limitations and can very closely approximate (if not outright know) everything that's going through it, mass-wise.

EDIT: Alexylva Paradox taught me how to wormholes.  They just didn't teach me how to pve.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #9 on: 01 Nov 2014, 06:17 »

Sorry Havo. I'm used to living in c6/c5 where null exits are more common kspace exits. Getting stuck out in bumfucked Egypt could sometimes last a few days if I was busy in real life. I apologize to Esna as well. To each is own.