Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Signatories to the Federal Charter retain the legal right to regulate shipping and security in their original territories, among other things? Read more here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Deus Ex 3  (Read 3810 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Deus Ex 3
« on: 04 Jun 2010, 11:40 »

Newly released trailer.

Can I hear a 'fuck yeah' out there?

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
Re: Deus Ex 3
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jun 2010, 11:51 »

No. I'm leery. They better not final-fantasy-ize Deus Ex. Though Eidos is still at the helm apparently (hopefully?)

However given the cesspool that Deus Ex 2 was, they've got a lot of work to reinvigorate me on what was a brilliantly created IP.

But I can not be swayed by non-interactive CG. I will give no "fuck yeah" until I can see gameplay footage, because let's face it, hype is garbage.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jun 2010, 11:56 »

Yeah yeah, I know... I just think back to the original, and imagine how that could be with today's tech... today's advancements in game development... oh yeah... oh... I need a cigarette...
* Mizhara goes off to enjoy the afterglow.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jun 2010, 13:14 »

I didn't play Deus Ex 2 on purpose, because I must have played Deus Ex 1 at least a dozen times and it represents one of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had.

And yeah, I've been following this for a while. Can't wait.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #4 on: 04 Jun 2010, 14:19 »

I'm not as suspicious about this title than Lillith seems to be. It won't be "Final Fantasized", and the developers know that they want to appeal to the people that played the first game. Besides, CG trailers are nice. It gives you an idea of what the plot and tone will be about.

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #5 on: 04 Jun 2010, 15:19 »

I'm firmly in the 'reserve judgement' camp. I'm not gonna get excited until I start seeing gameplay videos and hear from people whose opinions I tend to respect after they have had some hands-on time with a working product. Even then, I will be cautious. ^^ Big shoes to fill and all that.
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #6 on: 04 Jun 2010, 17:38 »

Why are these forums full of overly cautious old-school gamers.

oh nvm.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #7 on: 04 Jun 2010, 18:50 »

Not holding my breath on this one, but if it turns out to be good I'll get it.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 04 Jun 2010, 23:27 »

I'm not as suspicious about this title than Lillith seems to be. It won't be "Final Fantasized", and the developers know that they want to appeal to the people that played the first game. Besides, CG trailers are nice. It gives you an idea of what the plot and tone will be about.

Eidos knew they wanted to appeal to the people that played the first game when they made the second one.

And I suspect we all know how that went.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #9 on: 05 Jun 2010, 02:37 »

Still only about halfway though the original.

Kinda boxy.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 05 Jun 2010, 03:44 »

It will be interesting how the fact that it is being developed to PC, Xbox360 and ps3 will affect the game play experience.

I liked the immersion bringing haxxoring stuff of the first Deus Ex, also it will be hard to have close combat maneuvers with the mouse+keyboard combination... Guess we will see...

About the world of the game... it seems like the protagonist will be working for the corporation that is doing the augmentations so that you will probably be paid with tech, or get upgrades to get you through the missions... Then the riot stuff with the overpowering government and whatnot, it has all been visited before, I just hope they do not bungle it up.

(If you have a corp that has a monopoly of selling augmentations then why do the bad guys have better tech than your guy...)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #11 on: 07 Jun 2010, 09:50 »

Reserving judgment here. While the CGI vid loosk frigging awesome the text Square Enix on it is putting me off. It's like stamping "Pretty but boring and hollow" on a game nowdays. Feel free to disagree but that's how I feel most SE games nowadays, with the latest FF further enforcing that sentiment.

Deus Ex was, and to date for me, is one of the better games I have ever played. The illusion of free will and amount of immersion you got in the game was awesome and fullfilling. Much like System Shock 2.

Deus Ex 2 was much like I found Bioshock and Fallout 3, empty hollow shell of it's original idea and conception dumbed down for a console and best forgotten it ever happened.

Deus Ex 3... I am hope for something good, but I fear the worst... Well techincally Deus Ex 0 since it's a prequel, set in time before the first one.

My 0.02isk on the topic.

Also;

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 07 Jun 2010, 10:42 »

Too late, I reinstalled it when someone mentioned it in corpchat.

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #13 on: 10 Jun 2010, 04:27 »

I note that Square Enix are listed as the publisher. After my recent adventures with Final Fantasy, I wouldn't trust them to develop a case of dysentery, let alone a vaguely decent game. I am now expecting a terrible game. Will wait for it to hit the bargain bins or ignore completely.
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 10 Jun 2010, 08:38 »

I note that Square Enix are listed as the publisher. After my recent adventures with Final Fantasy, I wouldn't trust them to develop a case of dysentery, let alone a vaguely decent game. I am now expecting a terrible game

A publisher doesn't develop a game. They just market and sell it. In this case it appears they are assisting Eidos in production, but to a much lesser degree:

(FROM TEH WIKEH)

It is being developed by Eidos Montreal in co-production with Square Enix, who are responsible for pre-rendered movie sequences and publishing.

However something disturbing of note:

Neither Warren Spector nor Harvey Smith, the creative directors behind the first two games, are attached to the project.

Mm.
Pages: [1] 2