Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Placid Reborn is a corporation dedicated to the self-determination and prosperity of the Intaki home system and its immediate surroundings? Read more here

Author Topic: Poll: What would be more interesting to see?  (Read 1554 times)

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Poll: What would be more interesting to see?
« on: 06 Oct 2014, 14:22 »

So Mizhara has PLEXed me up and we're about to get started.  But we're kind of up in the air as to which would be the best approach.

Either way, you'll get more of our old IGS shenanigans and space antics.  Whatever we can dream up that seems fun and cool without making a cartoon of ourselves with being too over-the-top.

So... Du'uma Fiisi or Something New?
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2014, 20:37 by Havohej »

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: What would be more interesting to see?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Oct 2014, 14:25 »

My opinion isn't worth that much since both are new for me, but I'd recommend Du'uma. It has a history, it'll generate interest and attention in that alone. An entirely new thing requires starting over, it has to build before people will recognize it and know it. With something old, with a history, you come onto the scene running.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #2 on: 06 Oct 2014, 14:42 »

Just so it's said, it also brings baggage with it.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 06 Oct 2014, 14:56 »

I vote for the one that lets you guys come out to Karaoke night!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 06 Oct 2014, 18:13 »

Just so it's said, it also brings baggage with it.
I would argue that your character names bring just as much baggage as the corp name would because they are more or less synonymous with each other as far as history goes, so it would effectively make little to no difference which you go with.

As I was telling Havo the other night, I haven't really got the time or energy to do anything but watch from the sidelines, so have fun. :p
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jace

• Veteran
Re: Poll: What would be more interesting to see?
« Reply #5 on: 06 Oct 2014, 21:02 »

My opinion is largely irrelevant because I also was not involved in any Minnie stuff back then (or ever, really). But I voted new for the primary reason that since your characters will bring history and recognition with them, a new corporation will allow for more fluidity of action with what you might want to do now or in the future. But again, that is just how I would approach it if it were me - since I wasn't involved in it back then, it is just a general and out of context opinion.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 06 Oct 2014, 22:04 »

Hm... You know, Du'uma Fiisi sounds fierce. Like you want to blow something up and don't care who gets hurt in the explosion.

But Integrated Astrometrics makes you sound like nerdy types who look at charts and watch beakers bubble while they... do integrated stuff.

What do?

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #7 on: 06 Oct 2014, 22:16 »

Hm... You know, Du'uma Fiisi sounds fierce. Like you want to blow something up and don't care who gets hurt in the explosion.

But Integrated Astrometrics makes you sound like nerdy types who look at charts and watch beakers bubble while they... do integrated stuff.

What do?
Du'uma Fiisi is a clan name, Havo's Thukker clan.  The IA part was to give an air of being a 'legitimate' corporation involved in exploration.  (Which we were, we had to probe out our WT mission runners, for example).  Of course, it was a terrorist group.  The existence of a corporation at all is kind of just a front for the terrorist scheming.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 06 Oct 2014, 22:25 »

What do?
Du'uma Fiisi is a clan name, Havo's Thukker clan.  The IA part was to give an air of being a 'legitimate' corporation involved in exploration.  (Which we were, we had to probe out our WT mission runners, for example).  Of course, it was a terrorist group.  The existence of a corporation at all is kind of just a front for the terrorist scheming.

Actually, Aldrith's comment brings up an interesting third option. Keep Du'uma Fiisi, but add a different phrase on the end. This isn't too uncommon in real life (see the many reformations of the IRA over the last decade). Add group, institute, association, whatever, instead of the old legitimizing phrase.