Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raider ships have the same design and golden sheen as Amarrian vessels, but are mottled in rust-like vermilion? (The Burning Life p. 80)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Threats against Emma Watson turns out to be fake.  (Read 10920 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Threats against Emma Watson turns out to be fake.
« Reply #105 on: 26 Sep 2014, 16:02 »

The woman that gets her nude pics stolen has no blame or responsibility for having been hacked. Except she put her pics at high risk on a place it was expected something like that to happen.

The woman that gets raped has no blame or responsibility for having been raped. Except she choose to wear a short skirt and expose herself to sexual temptation, increasing the odds to attract someone with sexual issues.

I don't see the difference, except on a matter of degree of violence. Care to explain again ?
I'll try.

The violation here, the one everybody's so "oh those poor girls" about, is that unintended people are seeing their nudity.  "Every time you look at these pictures, you're literally raping these women" etc.

Whoa, nobody said here that people are literally raping these women by looking at their pics...

The rape victim did not put the penis inside of herself.  She is not to blame in any way.

These celebs put their nudity on the internet by uploading their nudity to the internet.

There is a fallacy in that analogy I think.

The more correct way to tell it would be

- The rape victim did not put the penis inside of herself. The rape victim put up a skirt that attracted the rapist.

- The celebs did not published the pics on the internet. The celebs used the internet to privately share / stock their pics, which attracted the hacker.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #106 on: 26 Sep 2014, 17:27 »

The woman that gets her nude pics stolen has no blame or responsibility for having been hacked. Except she put her pics at high risk on a place it was expected something like that to happen.

The woman that gets raped has no blame or responsibility for having been raped. Except she choose to wear a short skirt and expose herself to sexual temptation, increasing the odds to attract someone with sexual issues.

I don't see the difference, except on a matter of degree of violence. Care to explain again ?
I'll try.

The violation here, the one everybody's so "oh those poor girls" about, is that unintended people are seeing their nudity.  "Every time you look at these pictures, you're literally raping these women" etc.

Whoa, nobody said here that people are literally raping these women by looking at their pics...

The rape victim did not put the penis inside of herself.  She is not to blame in any way.

These celebs put their nudity on the internet by uploading their nudity to the internet.

- The rape victim did not put the penis inside of herself. The rape victim put up a skirt that attracted the rapist.

- The celebs did not published the pics on the internet. The celebs used the internet to privately share / stock their pics, which attracted the hacker.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #107 on: 27 Sep 2014, 02:11 »

A young woman in the internet age must:

Check for webcams in changing rooms of clothes shops. Or only ever buy clothes online.

Check for webcams/two-way mirrors in toilets of nightclubs. Or never go to nightclubs.

Check for webcams at the gym, in the changing rooms and showers. Or never go to the gym.

Check for cameras in the shower in a rented apartment or hotel room.

Be alert for UAVs with webcams. Or never sunbathe topless in their own fenced garden/roof.

Be aware of how much light is falling on them at all times, to guard against those cameras with the IR function that "sees through clothes". Or only ever wear thick woolen sweaters and other clothes of that nature.

Never use an escalator, because of "upskirt" photographers. Or never wear a skirt.

Ensure that there are no sightlines from her house to any public land up to 1000m away (or whatever the practical limit of telephoto lenses is).

Keep the curtains closed at all times, and never stand between the light source and the curtains.

Ensure that any sexual partners do not have a cameraphone, before any activity commences.

Ensure that any cameraphones that exist, are secured away and are unreachable, before any activity with a sexual partner commences.

Ensure that any sexual partner has no opportunity to get up during the night and obtain a cameraphone.

Ensure that any sexual partner has no webcams in their residence or other place where activity may occur.

Or only conduct sexual activity in a secured location that is known to have been swept clear of surveillance devices.

Be fully aware of all technical details and possible settings of all cameraphones and other camera devices.

Be fully aware of all technical details of Google Glass and other future smart eye-wear.

Never use a hotmail, gmail, apple, or other account that is a frequent target of hacking.

Never take a picture of oneself, with an electronic camera, for any reason. Taking pictures for discussing things with a doctor can be accomplished with a Polaroid instamatic, so the physical picture can remain in the custody of the owner, and not enter an unsecured environment.

Never take physical pictures of oneself, to give to a romantic partner who is away on military service. All physical pictures must remain in the custody of the owner.

And guess what, if you do any of those, you get called a paranoid joyless bitch who doesn't have any fun in her life.
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #108 on: 27 Sep 2014, 02:23 »

I'll try.

Well, sorry, I just don't understand, don't comprehend your logic and the point you are trying to make... :s

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #109 on: 29 Sep 2014, 10:29 »

Check for webcams in changing rooms of clothes shops. Or only ever buy clothes online.

Check for webcams/two-way mirrors in toilets of nightclubs. Or never go to nightclubs.

Check for webcams at the gym, in the changing rooms and showers. Or never go to the gym.

Be alert for UAVs with webcams. Or never sunbathe topless in their own fenced garden/roof.

Be aware of how much light is falling on them at all times, to guard against those cameras with the IR function that "sees through clothes". Or only ever wear thick woolen sweaters and other clothes of that nature.

Never use an escalator, because of "upskirt" photographers. Or never wear a skirt.

Ensure that there are no sightlines from her house to any public land up to 1000m away (or whatever the practical limit of telephoto lenses is).

Keep the curtains closed at all times, and never stand between the light source and the curtains.

Ensure that any sexual partners do not have a cameraphone, before any activity commences.

Ensure that any cameraphones that exist, are secured away and are unreachable, before any activity with a sexual partner commences.

Ensure that any sexual partner has no opportunity to get up during the night and obtain a cameraphone.

Ensure that any sexual partner has no webcams in their residence or other place where activity may occur.

Or only conduct sexual activity in a secured location that is known to have been swept clear of surveillance devices.

Be fully aware of all technical details and possible settings of all cameraphones and other camera devices.

Be fully aware of all technical details of Google Glass and other future smart eye-wear.

Never use a hotmail, gmail, apple, or other account that is a frequent target of hacking.

Never take a picture of oneself, with an electronic camera, for any reason. Taking pictures for discussing things with a doctor can be accomplished with a Polaroid instamatic, so the physical picture can remain in the custody of the owner, and not enter an unsecured environment.

Never take physical pictures of oneself, to give to a romantic partner who is away on military service. All physical pictures must remain in the custody of the owner.

And guess what, if you do any of those, you get called a paranoid joyless bitch who doesn't have any fun in her life.

I take it you are trying to be sarcastic?

Or do you mean this literally?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #110 on: 29 Sep 2014, 11:44 »

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I take it you are trying to be sarcastic?

Or do you mean this literally?

No sarcasm.

That's what the internet is teaching young women. To be afraid of miniature electronics, and suspicious of people who use miniature electronics.
\o/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #111 on: 29 Sep 2014, 13:59 »

Women, men, transanything, children, the elderly, whoever the hell you are. You don't have to be afraid. You just have to have the most basic of rudimentary knowledge of safeguarding your privacy. Step one, don't upload your nekkid pictures.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #112 on: 29 Sep 2014, 14:36 »

Women, men, transanything, children, the elderly, whoever the hell you are. You don't have to be afraid. You just have to have the most basic of rudimentary knowledge of safeguarding your privacy. Step one, don't upload your nekkid pictures.

And liek I said, you'll get called frigid, joyless, fun-hating, anti-social, a party-pooper, a bitch, and much more.

Because, you know, like, you're dumped for not being fun, gonna go out with Becky instead. Sux 2 B U, lol.
\o/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #113 on: 29 Sep 2014, 14:40 »

You people have the weirdest fucking social circles.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #114 on: 29 Sep 2014, 15:01 »

You people have the weirdest fucking social circles.

well, maybe it's different in Norway.

But in Scotland, and the UK, and other parts of the world, what I wrote happens. It's part of a wider culture.

Like all the stuff when you're a teenager in school, when there's a lot of gossip and such, and things occurring on dates, at parties, and so on and so forth. Exaggerations and tall tales abound.

Anyway, when you're 13-14 or so, and interested in dating, but not really feeling interested in sex, you might get called "frigid" if you say you're not wanting to have sex.
If you go on a lot of dates, but don't sleep with anyone, you might get called a "cocktease".
If you're the last virgin in your year, then you might get called various names.
If, when you do decide you'd like to have sex, and you're not aroused by your partners clumsy fumblings, then again, you might get called "frigid".
If you actually say "i'm not enjoying this, would you mind stopping?" then again, there's names that you might get called.
In all of these things, the impression is created that it is your fault. It is Your Fault that you don't want to have sex, aren't turned on by clumsy ineptness, and your fault for not enjoying things.

And the idea that things are Your Fault is reinforced by events that may occur later in life.
Not wanting sex? then why are you wearing that? why are you dancing ? why are you wearing perfume ? It's Your Fault.
Not enjoying things? it's your fault again. Don't even think about saying "would you mind stopping?". That's your fault. You're supposed to enjoy it, or at least, say "could we try a different position?".

that whole culture is what'll make not taking nudie pics of yourself difficult.

If you don't, you'll get called names, and it's Your Fault for not being "Normal".
\o/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #115 on: 29 Sep 2014, 15:04 »

*EDIT*

Mizhara perhaps it would be helpful for you to talk to more women about some of these issues and ask their opinions; it might change your assumptions on a few things, especially with regards to sexuality, harassment, and perceptions of conduct.

« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2014, 15:06 by Silas Vitalia »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #116 on: 29 Sep 2014, 15:25 »

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/fury-over-two-way-mirrors-looking-1908048

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/pub-quiz-hosts-sacked-over-2111468

"Acceptable" culture in supposedly one of Scotland's friendliest cities.

now, those people were punished for doing that. But, the fact that they did it in the first place, and didn't see anything wrong with it, and were only punished because by and large, they made a big song and dance about it all, self promotion and all that, doesn't that tell you something ?

Anyway, I'm not saying that the skies are full of people's RC planes with webcams in them, but when actual printed magazines mention such planes with webcams, and how you could use them to "spy on sunbathing honeys", then, you have to be aware that RC planes with webcams are at least a possibility.

Perception of things. Like terrorism. Doesn't happen often, but there's a lot of news stories about it when it does. Same thing. Only takes one story about someone using a miniature camera to make people aware that people use miniature cameras to do that sort of thing.

And the big victim blaming culture makes everything worse.
\o/

Vikarion

« Reply #117 on: 29 Sep 2014, 16:12 »

And liek I said, you'll get called frigid, joyless, fun-hating, anti-social, a party-pooper, a bitch, and much more.

Because, you know, like, you're dumped for not being fun, gonna go out with Becky instead. Sux 2 B U, lol.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but this seems to possess a bit of an entitled attitude. You should be free from coercion and free to make whatever choices you desire, so long as they don't coerce someone else, but I don't think anyone has the right to demand that others like them. Or, for that matter, demand that someone have sex with them, or be their friend, or be around them.

I mean, I've been dumped. It sucks. Might have had something to do with being an overweight nerd at the time. Maybe I wasn't fun enough. If I were the type to say that she should have looked past that to my shining inner qualities (presuming I have any), I would be lining myself up nicely for the firing squad of women's advocates who instantly leap on any "nice guy" who "feels entitled to friendship or sex". Fortunately, I don't think that I'm entitled to the company of others.

I've been called plenty of names, too, many of which would earn my post a trip to the catacombs. Doesn't mean I'm entitled to others liking me or saying nice things about me. I've lost friends because I didn't want to do the dangerous and stupid shit they were doing. Doesn't mean I deserve friends.

Everything's a trade-off, and I don't get to demand that my wants and likes get to dictate what other's wants and likes should be. If someone gets mad because I don't want to be in their car as they drive 35 miles over the speed limit on a wet road (actual example), well, they're mad, and they may call me a sissy, but I can't tell them to like me anyway. If this ends up with me having no friends, well, I can seek out more common-sense companions, or I can learn to live alone.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #118 on: 29 Sep 2014, 17:47 »

I dunno about you folks, but I'm just going to stay out of actual human interactions and keep looking at furry pregnant macro jumbo-jet porn.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #119 on: 29 Sep 2014, 19:30 »

I dunno about you folks, but I'm just going to stay out of actual human interactions and keep looking at furry pregnant macro jumbo-jet porn.

To each his own I suppose.  I prefer skinny, furless jet-fighter porn.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9