Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that a theremax is a musical instrument constructed of a thin, black piece of rubbery material with embedded oscillators that is played by moving one's hands in the electric field it generates? (p. 100)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: EVE on Soundcloud  (Read 2214 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
EVE on Soundcloud
« on: 16 Sep 2014, 08:10 »

All of the SFX and in game music.

https://soundcloud.com/ccpgames/sets

I know its probably an old link but I wasn't aware they had added in all of the aura voices and sound effects as well.

For the nerdier types, you might notice they slightly re-sequenced some of the game music, it looks like they gave some of those songs another pass for recording and the synths, etc have unfortuntaely changed a bit.

leaving the music soundtrack on during a workday does induce a powerful nostalgia wave for many years past.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
Re: EVE on Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2014, 18:58 »

Ah, the good ol' days when it was simply...

Caldari001.ogg
Caldari002.ogg
Caldari003.ogg ...

Dessau

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2014, 19:48 »

Dat Apocrypha login screen, tho.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2014, 20:29 »

The obligatory: EVE has sound?

In actuality, I would not recognize a single part of the soundtrack from seven on and off years of playing. I think I kept the music on my first day of playing, that is it.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2014, 20:57 »

Dat Revelations theme.

Nothing else has summed up the vast majesty of the EVE universe as that theme. No crashing symphonic orchestras playing for great battles, techno-futuristic rock or synth pieces, or dark, humming melodies to hint at the danger in the distance. The Revelations Theme is a piece that for me symbolizes everything that drew me to EVE in the first place: The vastness, beauty, and complexity of the universe it is set in.

Hearing that brings me back to my newbie days of marveling at new background nebulas, examining every piece of floating space junk for detail, and thinking about the seemingly-uncountable options for ships and modules that awaited me down the line. It makes me think of times when I'd stop playing for a second just to pan my camera around in awe of this gorgeous space-universe.

I miss it.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2014, 04:27 »

Yes, dat Revelations theme.

But I prefer even more the Promised Land one, the one that was on the login screen just before. It has a perfectly dark atmosphere that Revelations lacks.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2014, 08:09 »

Indeed Esna.

There was something quite magical those early days when I'd have the music on -constantly-, waste most of my time staring out into space and getting info on every little object and obsessing over nerdy things the game engine was showing me.

I guess as we get more familiar with things we get less interested in the splendor of them.  The game became more about the meta and the game than soaking in all the pretty things.

I used to be able to spend an hour flying from A to B and enjoying the scenery and the music, but eventually that all got crowded with 50 chat rooms and 'things to do'

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2014, 08:19 »

Regardless of what I said about the music aspect, your comments about the early wonder and beauty of the game still resonates with me. There are ambient albums that I have a difficult time listening to now because they were what I played early on after I had shut off the EVE music. That feeling of endless possibilities is hard to match.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2014, 20:27 »

I can finally get my alarm back!! \o/

"Skill training completed." = best alarm ever
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2014, 20:47 »

There's no way that would wake me up enough to not semi-consciously shut it off. I have Krewella blasted at obscene levels to get me up in the morning.

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #10 on: 18 Oct 2014, 06:52 »

Meh.
You got my hopes up but I can't find the sound effect of the warp scrambler/disruptor. That "wubwub" sound is the bestest ever and ever.

Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #11 on: 21 Oct 2014, 03:53 »

And now Aura says "Connecting" when I log into Windows.

I am satisfied.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #12 on: 26 Oct 2014, 02:37 »

There's actually a few tracks in there I'd not heard! I stopped using the ingame music when they nuked the Jukebox, and instead opted for a mixed playlist with the EVE tracks mixed in. However, it looks like I've not updated this with new EVE tracks for about two years. Time to add some bits!

I still have all the ambient/drum mixes of tracks like Merchants, Loots and Ghosts if people want them. They're generally a bit longer than the vanilla EVE tracks, and actually change the music up quite a bit.

Also am I the only person who thinks that the login screen music/expansion theme tracks got a bit weird after 2010?

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 26 Oct 2014, 12:08 »

"The capacitor...is empty" has to be the most chilling sound in EVE (if EVE had sound, that is...)
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #14 on: 26 Oct 2014, 17:31 »

"The capacitor...is empty" has to be the most chilling sound in EVE (if EVE had sound, that is...)

The hull damage alarm can't even compare. That's dire, but "the capacitor... is empty" holds a special place in the darkest and coldest corner of my heart as an "fffffuuuuuckbuckets!" moment.

Pages: [1] 2