Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Gallente Federation loyalist and [EL-G] CEO Seriphyn Inhonores is originally from Caldari Prime?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vherokior Tribe  (Read 9433 times)

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
Re: Vherokior Tribe
« Reply #15 on: 23 Feb 2015, 20:35 »

Awesome thread, and great compilation of info... I didnt know about a lot of this.

In my mind, Vhero definitely = Mongolian nomads, Brutor = maori, and Sebbies = Sami/Samoyedic peeps. Rawr!

I'd probably just go "nordic" for Sebbies. Sami/Samoyedic is a bit too specific, and actually runs counter to a lot of the Norse stuff we see.

I always thought Sebbies are a kind of a hybrid of Nordic and Caucasus mountain tribes.
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2015, 19:55 by Elmund Egivand »
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 24 Feb 2015, 13:37 »

null
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2015, 14:41 by Ava Starfire »

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 24 Feb 2015, 23:34 »

Great thread.  Thank you for compiling all this information
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #18 on: 23 Apr 2015, 09:37 »

Interesting thread. Well done :D

As I have been bitching about in my reception thread I still dislike that CCP went heavily for the Mongolian style when they redesigned the Vherokior as I wanted Miz to have a more Persian / Indian look. CCP could have made the Vherokior slightly more neutral on those traits allowing more flexibility.

Anyways, I'm still thinking about RP'ing Miz as from a Vherokior subculture that is more like the Persian culture.

Still, Vherocool is the best bloodline because we are unique and awesome rather than being mainstream like Achuras *puts on hipster glasses*

Nissui

« Reply #19 on: 23 Apr 2015, 10:19 »

Unfortunately I didn't play before the avatar changes, but it looks like the Vherokior physiognomy was among the most severely impacted. Understandable that it may be off-putting. Still, with many billions of Vhero out there, there are undoubtedly a wide variety of clan-specific or provincial customs to explore. I look forward to an expanded Vherokior mélange as these are brought to light.

If you don't mind, I'd be happy to add links any to cultural threads you develop to the OP.

EDIT: Added a few quotes from the character creation process in the client. Kind of sad I hadn't added them earlier.
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2015, 13:44 by Nissui »

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #20 on: 04 Jun 2015, 18:13 »

Great stuff.

I don't see the Vherokior/Mongol connection quite as much though. Mongols are Khanid.  :yar:

What I do see in the Vherokior Drifters and later on, the Thukkers is a lot of Romany/Gypsy. The Rom were the nomadic wanderers. They had the mystic element too. But then, i can see elements of the Rom in every aspect of Matari society. For me it stands out most in the Vherokior and Thukkers.

I'd also toss is a big nod to the Jews of the Medieval/Renaissance era. They would wander, or they would set up a quarter a bit separate from a city and have a very tight-knit community. Small shops, tinkering, food, like in the Vherokior description. There's also the mystic element (legend of the Golem for instance).

Add in a chunk of the Goths vs the Roman Empire. There's a lot of parallels there too.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #21 on: 05 Jun 2015, 02:03 »

I think the mongol analogy was mostly made for the portraits rather than the lore behind.

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #22 on: 05 Jun 2015, 05:55 »

Yeah.

The nomadic things works well too, living off the land, etc.  :D

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #23 on: 05 Jun 2015, 06:40 »

I weaved in a few Native American features to N'maro and his clan, they seem to fit well.
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Kentt

• Clonejack
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #24 on: 05 Jun 2015, 19:29 »

I kind of thought the gypsy connection too.  Traveling traders ect.  Traveling so much just mixed in a ton of other quirks.

I had enjoyed the read, Kentt is a Vherokior himself.

Nissui

« Reply #25 on: 23 Dec 2016, 19:16 »

Redirected links to Backstage wiki where possible. Most should be working now.

Tara Erata

• Clonejack
« Reply #26 on: 09 Nov 2017, 15:06 »

the mystic and roamers does point to tibet for me as they are also urban tribal.

what i'm currently a bit missing or constructed myself is a exact clan structure.

podling38

• Clonejack
« Reply #27 on: 09 Nov 2017, 20:14 »

what i'm currently a bit missing or constructed myself is a exact clan structure.
It would vary from clan to clan.
Kolodi Ramal - Mengyao Chemineau - Mirabi Tiane

Tara Erata

• Clonejack
« Reply #28 on: 09 Nov 2017, 20:26 »

It would vary from clan to clan.

then I'm free to construct a society within a society even if it breaks outer society? :eek:

podling38

• Clonejack
« Reply #29 on: 09 Nov 2017, 23:45 »

then I'm free to construct a society within a society even if it breaks outer society? :eek:
Free to construct a society within a society, yes, pretty much.  As for breakage, try not to break anything.
Kolodi Ramal - Mengyao Chemineau - Mirabi Tiane
Pages: 1 [2] 3