EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

Vherokior Tribe

(1/7) > >>

Nissui:

--- Quote ---"Originally nomads in Matar's vast and inhospitable desert regions, the Vherokior are among the most diverse individuals of the Republic. They can be found in professions ranging from doctors to mystics, scholars to merchants. Their quiet work ethic and widespread family clans allow them unlimited social mobility in the Republic, with access to both the best and worst that society has to offer."
- EVElopedia
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---"The Vherokior tribe is perhaps the least troubled of the Minmatar tribes, with little aspirations for dominance, content to live on the fringe. Most Vherokiors are shop-keepers or small scale businessmen, seldom venturing into the big boy's league."
- Corporation Description
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---"The Vherokior have less political influence than many other tribes, but have become an integral part of both the public and private sectors of the Republic economy."
- Vherokior Probe Description
--- End quote ---

EVE Source:

The old tales say that the Vherokior sprang from a single Starkmanir clan, after their chief was exiled from the rest of the Starkmanir Tribe for his ferocity. For centuries, the descendants of this clan roamed the Sobaki Desert in isolation, until their reappearance many generations later. In the intervening time, they had undergone many changes as they adapted to the harsh environment, and so returned to the other Matari as a new tribe, the Vherokior. Henceforward, the desert nomads wandered between the other tribes as mystics, merchants, and makers of medicine. It was from this early activity as spiritual guides that the Vherokior shamans rose to prominence.

Due to their symbolic association with spirtualism, the Vherokior were made to suffer greatly by the Amarr during the conquest and subjugation of the Minmatar homeworld, in order that their ability to guide the beliefs of the Matari be destroyed. That the Vherokior were able to maintain the secrets and practices of the Voluval during the long period of slavery was a source of encouragement to the Minmatar who emerged with the formation of the Republic.

The Vherokior were quick to join the efforts of the other tribes in establishing a stable society for their people, some even setting aside their nomadic ways in order to provide a reliable network of small enterprises, typically focused on the service sector. This is in alignment with their general tendency to keep operations small and potentially mobile. Unlike many of the other tribes, their tribal organization is less centralized, granting more autonomy to individual clans and families in their own affairs, who in turn uphold the authority of the Tribal Chief in greater matters. These clans are commonly matriarchal, though less traditional structures of family and clan organization do occur.

(EVE Source, p 094)

Character Ancestries:

--- Quote ---"Drawing inspiration from their nomadic ancestry, wanderlust runs strong with many Vherokiors. While many curb their thirst for adventure, there are those who simply cannot settle down in one place for long. Never at rest, they will always be lured by the horizon, as there are places to see and riches to be discovered."
- Drifters Ancestry
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---"Vherokiors have always seemed strange to other Minmatar tribes, doubly so when it comes to those with mystical inclinations. Vherokior mystics are both revered and feared by the Minmatar. The ancient Voluval ritual, where the soul and karma of the person is revealed through the unexplained emergence of a body tattoo on the recipient, was created by the Vherokior mystics, and its secrets are closely guarded."
- Mystics Ancestry
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---"Visit a market hub station in Minmatar space and stroll into any of the stores or restaurants lining the vast promenades. Odds are that it is owned and operated by a Vherokior. Determined merchants and peddlers since their caravan days, their business enterprises and expertise have spread steadily throughout the Republic."
- Retailers Ancestry
--- End quote ---

Wiki Entries:

Vherokior Tribe
Isardsund Urbrald, Vherokior Tribal Chief
Coricia, largest continent of Matar, birthplace of the Vherokior
Voluval, the sacred rite of passage
Singing Staff, a traditional Vherokior musical instrument
Native Freshfood, a partner corporation of the Vherokior Tribe
Urban Management, a partner corporation with the Vherokior Tribe as chief shareholder

Related Data:

Fredur Holgeli, Vherokior Tribal Council Delegate
COSMOS Mission: Supplies for the Colony (1/3), tidbit on Urban Management colony building
COSMOS Mission: Treasure Hunter (1/4), some unpleasant history between the Vherokior and the Nefantar
Ancient Vherokior Medallion, storyline item
Antique Vheriokor Statue, yes it is apparently spelled wrong in the database
Dagger of Coricia, marque of distinction with an excellent inscription (!)
Medicinal Herbs, yes they spelled it wrong again.

Related Chronicles:

The Lottery, an account of the selection of Minmatar youth to serve Royal Amarr Houses
Spectral, examining the movements of the spirits among the living
Tattoos, detailing the preservation of the secrets of the Voluval

Related News:

YC110.03 - Interest in the 'Bright Star' Continues
YC111.09 - Strains in the Minmatar Republic and Beyond
YC115.02 - Minmatar Tribal Council to Begin
YC115.02 - Wave of Enthusiasm Sweeps Minmatar Space
YC117.01 - Kelen Ontbad Holds Election Holorally at Algintal Complex

Related Player Content and Fiction:

Rediscovery - An Exploration of a Forgotten Past - by Drakolus
To the Land, We Came: Part 1, Part 2 - by N'maro Makari

Nissui:
After conferring with a moderator, it was decided the best way to treat Source would be to paraphrase with a page citation, and let the internet to do the rest.

I'm wondering if there should be a separate or appended entry for player fiction related to the Vherokior, but I have not yet begun to search for them.

Now, please feel free to correct or add as needed.

Nmaro Makari:
Damn Nissui stealing my thunder  :evil:

Seriously though, well done, there's some stuff here even I didn't know  :cube:

Also it's nice know there are actually other Verokior out there!

Drakolus:
I don't suppose it "fits" completely but I'm playing a Ni-Kunni trader who has extensive and long term relations with the Vherokior to the point that I've settled my RP on Eldulf and pretty much only run missions for them (when I bother to run missions).  I've tried to put a small Ni-Kunni presence on Eldulf as refugees who were taken in by the tribe that I work to support.  Good stuff for the Vherokior and useful for me to peruse through as well :).

Silver Night:

--- Quote from: Drakolus on 08 Sep 2014, 16:17 ---I don't suppose it "fits" completely but I'm playing a Ni-Kunni trader who has extensive and long term relations with the Vherokior to the point that I've settled my RP on Eldulf and pretty much only run missions for them (when I bother to run missions).  I've tried to put a small Ni-Kunni presence on Eldulf as refugees who were taken in by the tribe that I work to support.  Good stuff for the Vherokior and useful for me to peruse through as well :).

--- End quote ---

So, this would be the type of thing where, if you were to write something up (A brief chron style thing about the small trading community, or a character blog or something) you could link it in this thread, with a brief description, so people who were interested in Vherry RP would know that there were some hooks there for RP with you.

Also, getting this thread added to the sticky.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version