Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Slavers hunt by jumping high in the air and coming down on their prey from above?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Character] Ji'kahr  (Read 3664 times)

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
[Character] Ji'kahr
« on: 27 Aug 2014, 01:03 »

Hello! Apparently I joined this forum and promptly forgot it existed!

I have always been interested in the role playing side of EVE. I joined a Role playing Loyalist corporation, but I found that only the CEO was doing any roleplaying. I became inspired when I went to the IGS on the EVE forums and started reading the awesome posts by Diana Kim, as well as my former corpies Odelya and Naupilus.

I'm not subscribed to EVE at the moment. I gave up on EVE when one of the corpies tasked to teach me combat lesson number one (for the eighth time) screamed at me over the voice coms while both of us were sitting in frigates in the middle of the lesson in high sec. After that, he then said he wanted to take a half an hour break, and just never returned. I sat alone in dock spinning my ship for an hour until I logged off. He didn't apologize or mention it the next day either. EVE was no longer fun to play after that, so I farted around with my mining alt until my subscription ran out.

I have heard it said that if the people in your corporation yell at you, then you are in the wrong corporation. So it seems that Ji'Kahr has an opportunity to re-invent himself.

What I am thinking is this. My current corporation has a policy of hiring only those of pure Amarrian (Khanid or Ni-Kunni) racial stock. One of the things that appeals to me about the Amarr is that I consider them to be sort of like 'Space Nazis'. It is not just a theocracy, but a racist one (at least with the ultra-conservative elements).

Instead of just quitting the corp, a secure transmission from the 'Amarrian Ministry of Racial Hygiene' informs the CEO that the mandatory genetic screening during the cloning process has revealed that there is some Caldari DNA within my genome.

Since this means I am not of 'pure blood', I no longer qualify to be a member of that corporation. In fact, since I had to forge government documents and test samples to conceal my Caldari heritage, (my mother is Caldari) I might end up facing some serious criminal charges.

This potentially sets up a bit of tension between the corporation and role-playing Caldari loyalists. How would their Caldari allies feel about Ji'kahr being called a 'half-breed' and a 'mongrel'? How would the Caldari react to being considered an 'inferior' race? Are there other half-Amarr, half-Caldari citizens of the Empire (or the State) that feel culturally torn between two worlds?

In fact, one of the best pilots, Tobias Primus, was once punished for flying a Caldari ship. The ship doctrine is that only Amarrian hulls are allowed to be flown. There is already a story thread there.

'The Doctrine of Racial Hygiene' is essentially a codified version of Amarrian racial supremacy. It states that the purity of the race must be maintained by genetic selection from those of pure racial stock. Since former corpie Naupilus is now a racist Blood Raider heretic intent on acts of genocide against the Minmatar republic, I can include how his lectures (and perhaps a Doctoral thesis) on 'The importance of racial hygiene' were an inspiration to the whole corp.

Once discovered though, 'Ji'Kahr the half-breed' would be akin to an outcast, but with a caveat. The Amarrian government wouldn't be able to prosecute him without raising the ire of their ally, the Caldari state. It would be a diplomatically tense situation to try and explain their hiring policies to the Caldari. Fortunately, faith always finds a way. Jikahr would be sent to the pits of cleansing (part of the lore) for atonement.   

The pits of cleansing are a ritual that not everyone survives. What I imagine is that it is sort of like the opposite of a womb. It is a pool into which a strong acid is introduced, disfiguring and killing some. Those that live through it have their sins erased, those that die...well...die in a state of grace.

Since Jikahr is guilty of the grave sin of deception, which means he served as an instrument of the Amarrian version of Satan (Garrulock the deceiver), he would have those body parts which participated in deception dissolved away in a pit of acid until only truth remained. His eyes, ears, tongue and jaw, arms and lower torso would be dissolved and replaced with cybernetics. This would be his 'rebirth' as a Speaker of Truth.

At this point, Jikahr joins the monastic order as a 'Speaker of Truth'. This does give him a lot of power, since it was a Speaker of Truth that took down the arrogant holder Aritcio Kor-Azor. 

As a speaker of truth, Jikahr can certainly attest to the fact that the Empress Jamyl Sarum is a false Empress (a Heirophant). This is also supported by lore. Jamyl Sarum only survived the trials of succession because she had a blasphemous clone of herself.

Jikahr may also allude to the fact that the Jovian war and the Minmatar rebellion only happened after the theological council decided some books from the scriptures were considered Apocrypha. If this is not a sign of God's displeasure, than what is? Does this vindicate the Blood Raiders? Well, it opens up a dialogue to explain what the differences in the two sects are.

I will also state that 'All truths are half-truths'. No mortal or Empyrean, not even of the Priest class, can wholly understand the scripture.

Jikahr might also have a different view of his mixed heritage. After all, a society of xenophobic racists eventually leads to inbreeding. Wasn't this the fate that befell the Jovians? The reason that the Amarrian empire is slowly collapsing is due to inbreeding and stagnation. He is not a 'half-breed', he is a hybrid. The Caldari are the only race fit for intermixing.

In fact, it was the Khanid kingdom that were the most eager to do trade with and perhaps even intermarried with the Caldari. Khanid's missile based ships are a clear indicator of this. As a result, the Khanid Kingdom remains strong, while the Amarrian Empire is unraveling.

I am also thinking I could tie this in with a Penal company. If there is one thing that is missing in EVE, it's a way to punish criminals  :yar: with something other than ship loss. Real life militaries have penal cormpanies, criminals forced into combat as a condition of their sentence. It would only be a 'role play' punishment of course.

Tying this in with Oyela's storyline could work as well. Once cleansed of my sins, I might end up as a monk in the order of St. Tetrimon. As a Naval wash-out of wealthy commoner stock (i.e. peasant), I might even submit myself to her as one of her vassals. The Khanid Kingdom has good relations with the Caldari, and a tepid relation with the Amarr empire after all. The order of St. Tetrimon may even offer me sanctuary.

I had also been considering getting in touch with my Caldari side. I would walk the path of the mystic, and study the Caldari 'Way of the winds'. There is a 'mystic' branch of the Amarr religions, which branches the religions of other races to the Amarrian, yet it has not been deemed as heretical by the Theological council.
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Anyanka Funk

Re: [Character] Ji'kahr
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2014, 07:57 »

Magnificent!

Although,  I would just like to add, Nauplius may be a Blood Raider In deed, but is not affiliated with the Blood Raider Covenant in anyway (they are not racist as they once were).

Look up Omir Sarikusa's history, he is also a pure Amarr - Caldari half-breed.

If you decide to resub, you can find Anyanka in KFIE-Z or close working for the Covenant. If you are nice to her she will give you stuff. She doesn't talk though.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2014, 09:10 »

Instead of just quitting the corp, a secure transmission from the 'Amarrian Ministry of Racial Hygiene' informs the CEO that the mandatory genetic screening during the cloning process has revealed that there is some Caldari DNA within my genome.

There isn't any "Ministry of Racial Hygeine". Census details are taken by the Census Department of the Civil Service or by the Ministry of Internal Order, and while this would definitely include genetic sampling (as genealogy is definitely a big thing in the Empire), having non-Amarr blood is not a crime in the Empire. Afterall, by strict definitions only True Amarr are pureblood. Ni-Kunni and Khanid, while certainly more integrated than other foreigners to the point of being able to have Holders, are still not pureblooded in the strict sense you seem to be going with here.

As for whether 1PG would remove someone because they were discovered to have some minor Caldari heritage (which I assume is what you're trying to go with, having an IC reason to leave the corp (though checking your in-game profile, you've already been removed from 1PG about 5 months ago and are now in Viziam)), I can't say as I don't know anything about the corp. I know PIE wouldn't remove someone for just having a little bit of non-Amarr blood, though they might be belittled. Afterall, by accepting Ni-Kunni and Khanid rather than just True Amarr, neither of these groups are operating on a 'pure' pureblood theme as it is.

Once discovered though, 'Ji'Kahr the half-breed' would be akin to an outcast, but with a caveat. The Amarrian government wouldn't be able to prosecute him without raising the ire of their ally, the Caldari state. It would be a diplomatically tense situation to try and explain their hiring policies to the Caldari. Fortunately, faith always finds a way. Jikahr would be sent to the pits of cleansing (part of the lore) for atonement.

There wouldn't really be any diplomatic issue if he is being prosecuted solely for forging documents, as that is a perfectly legitimate crime to charge someone for. Even if it wasn't, the Caldari don't view members of the Caldari race outside the State as citizens and don't really give them much thought at all. They aren't quite as devoted to the racial lines as Amarr and Minmatar are, what the State cares about is whether you were born and raised in State culture and worked as a productive member of the State. For there to be any kind of diplomatic issue it would require it to involve an actual Caldari citizen living abroad in the Empire. A person of Caldari ethnicity born in the Empire, who never lived in, experienced, or was employed by the State, its megacorporations, and its culture, would not even be considered Caldari by State standards and so would be given no concern whatsoever.

If he is being prosecuted for simply being a half-breed? Well, in that case you'd be taking some liberties with the lore. The Amarr government is not a Nazi government and does not prosecute people in it for having non-Amarr heritage. They're looked down on by some elements of society and might have issues finding employment with more conservative businesses, but they aren't imprisoned for it. And also, the fact that you're only a half-breed instead of a full non-Amarr still puts you one step up from those without any Amarr blood at all. If this is an arc you really want to roll with, though, perhaps your character could be from an individual holding somewhere where a highly conservative Holder does choose to impose such kind of harsh rulings on his people. The feudal nature of the Empire does give opportunity for having quite different regulations in different holdings.

Now, if he actually did go and forge documents to keep the non-Amarr blood off his records, of which there is definitely incentive to do seeing as how non-pure Amarr are often looked down on, then that would certainly be chargeable by Empire-wide laws. But key thing to remember is that, for at least the majority of Amarr, it would be the forging that's breaking the law and not the half-breed status.

Since Jikahr is guilty of the grave sin of deception, which means he served as an instrument of the Amarrian version of Satan (Garrulock the deceiver), he would have those body parts which participated in deception dissolved away in a pit of acid until only truth remained. His eyes, ears, tongue and jaw, arms and lower torso would be dissolved and replaced with cybernetics. This would be his 'rebirth' as a Speaker of Truth.

At this point, Jikahr joins the monastic order as a 'Speaker of Truth'. This does give him a lot of power, since it was a Speaker of Truth that took down the arrogant holder Aritcio Kor-Azor.

As a speaker of truth, Jikahr can certainly attest to the fact that the Empress Jamyl Sarum is a false Empress (a Heirophant). This is also supported by lore. Jamyl Sarum only survived the trials of succession because she had a blasphemous clone of herself.

Molok the Deceiver, not Garrulock.

Also, being a Speaker of Truth after having been convicted of crimes doesn't exactly make sense. They are chosen from very pious, proven individuals, and are tasked with providing top education to noble children and a select few talented commoners.

Additionally, being a Speaker of Truth does not give someone leeway to criticize the existing Emperor and government. The Speakers of Truth have maintained their position because of their restraint in using it, they are primarily apolitical and passive in regards to judicial and political matters and instead focus on their educational roles. A Speaker who openly berates the empress for being a clone risks the entire order's standing in the Empire, and so wouldn't be very highly thought of.

People often look to the Speaker who tried Aritcio as an example of Speaker roles yet this is very very flawed. What happened there was the exception, Speakers do not exercise, "a lot of power." They are, principally, exemplary teachers of the gifted, who only occasionally step in on very serious issues in very rare circumstances. Holders, the Civic Court, the Theology Council, and the Empress remain the primary judicial forces in the Empire, the Speakers only ever step in when all of those avenues are exhausted. I imagine the only reason they stepped in with Aritcio at all was because there was no real emperor at the time available to handle the matter.

Tying this in with Oyela's storyline could work as well. Once cleansed of my sins, I might end up as a monk in the order of St. Tetrimon. As a Naval wash-out of wealthy commoner stock (i.e. peasant), I might even submit myself to her as one of her vassals. The Khanid Kingdom has good relations with the Caldari, and a tepid relation with the Amarr empire after all. The order of St. Tetrimon may even offer me sanctuary.

TBH this would probably work better than the Speakers. The Order of Tetrimon is a highly conservative group which maintains much, much harsher policies in general and ergo would be a fitting place for a character with these beliefs (though whether the Order would accept a half-breed in any significant position I'm unsure. As said, they are one of the most hardline groups out there). Plus, Odelya's been wanting friends (though sadly she'll be gone for a few months for RL education stuff). Keep in mind though that it would be your character's own decision to go to them. The Order are banned from the Amarr Empire as heretics, only the Kingdom welcomes them.
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2014, 09:59 by Samira Kernher »

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2014, 13:08 »

Magnificent!

Although,  I would just like to add, Nauplius may be a Blood Raider In deed, but is not affiliated with the Blood Raider Covenant in anyway (they are not racist as they once were).

If you decide to resub, you can find Anyanka in KFIE-Z or close working for the Covenant. If you are nice to her she will give you stuff. She doesn't talk though.

I have noticed this too. Naupilius is roleplaying more of an 'insane person' than an actual Blood Raider. I love his posts, his imagination, and his dry wit. Yet he is still roleplaying the Amarrian fanatic I once wanted to be.

For one thing, the Blood Raiders (at least in the IGS) are practicing the so called 'Left hand path' to enlightenment. The left hand path practices indulgence, not abstinence.

I suppose the difference would be like a high school teenager practicing 'hollywood' Satanism by listening to Heavy metal and sacrificing stray cats on a pentacle adorned altar, and the 'real' Satanic church of Anton LaVey who condemns the harming of any animals or other innocents (except for food).

The idea of roleplaying a Blood Raider is somewhat appealing. There have been a LOT of people that have been looking for Blood Raider/ 'Satanic' roleplay. I would love to start up something like a Blood Raider slave brothel and/or pleasure centre, as well as a market hub for contraband.

However, considering that Gallentean pleasure centers with scantily clad women once existed in game and were removed, I'm not sure how far it would get. Also, roleplaying a slave brothel in EVE essentially means 'cyber sex'. A rather pointless waste of time, and potentially problematic when you have 13 year olds playing EVE.

Also, I never liked the idea of doing can flipping, or 'griefing' sorts of Piracy myself. I like to try and help people more than hurt them, even strangers. I like to do logistics and scouting more than tackling and ganking. I'm in it more for the cheers than the tears.

I do enjoy mining with an alt and doing indy stuff. Miners are understandably leery of pirates or anything to do with pirates. In fact, JiKahr only joined 1PG to learn PVP so he could learn to defend miners against pirates. Four years later and he never learned to PVP through his corp. Maybe I really am a carebear?

I also notice that the CEO of the Blood Raiders was half Caldari, with a prostitute as a mother too!

Oh yes. My standings with the Blood Raiders is also horrible. I would imagine a lot of Amarrians have this problem. It is a shame that there isn't a way to reverse these standings. One would think that a traitor to the Empire would be welcomed to the Blood Raiders with open arms. There really needs to be a way to increase standings with the Blood Raiders, other than tedious grinding. CCP could make EVE a lot more interesting simply by allowing players to join Pirate Alliances and form their own 'little Empires' in null sec. This also reflects what actual RL pirates would do.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2014, 13:18 »

I could reiterate what Samira already said, with some minor deviations. I'd suggest you take to heart what she's saying.

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2014, 13:51 »

There isn't any "Ministry of Racial Hygeine". Census details are taken by the Census Department of the Civil Service or by the Ministry of Internal Order, and while this would definitely include genetic sampling (as genealogy is definitely a big thing in the Empire), having non-Amarr blood is not a crime in the Empire. Afterall, by strict definitions only True Amarr are pureblood. Ni-Kunni and Khanid, while certainly more integrated than other foreigners to the point of being able to have Holders, are still not pureblooded in the strict sense you seem to be going with here.

As for whether 1PG would remove someone because they were discovered to have some minor Caldari heritage (which I assume is what you're trying to go with, having an IC reason to leave the corp (though checking your in-game profile, you've already been removed from 1PG about 5 months ago and are now in Viziam)), I can't say as I don't know anything about the corp. I know PIE wouldn't remove someone for just having a little bit of non-Amarr blood, though they might be belittled. Afterall, by accepting Ni-Kunni and Khanid rather than just True Amarr, neither of these groups are operating on a 'pure' pureblood theme as it is.

Yes, you are right. I can't really invent any ministries that don't exist.

Also, Amarrians aren't really racists per se. After all, the Ammatar are Minmatar that have accepted the Amarrian religion as their own. They seem to be treated just as well as any Amarrian, Khanid or Ni-Kunni...with the Ni-Kunni being the descendants of slaves themselves. It's true that there ARE racists within the Empire, just as there are racists everywhere, but this does not reflect the Empire as a whole.

There wouldn't really be any diplomatic issue if he is being prosecuted solely for forging documents, as that is a perfectly legitimate crime to charge someone for. Even if it wasn't, the Caldari don't view members of the Caldari race outside the State as citizens and don't really give them much thought at all. They aren't quite as devoted to the racial lines as Amarr and Minmatar are, what the State cares about is whether you were born and raised in State culture and worked as a productive member of the State. For there to be any kind of diplomatic issue it would require it to involve an actual Caldari citizen living abroad in the Empire. A person of Caldari ethnicity born in the Empire, who never lived in, experienced, or was employed by the State, its megacorporations, and its culture, would not even be considered Caldari by State standards and so would be given no concern whatsoever.

True. The forging of documents would make Jikahr a traitor to both the Amarr and the Caldari.

If he is being prosecuted for simply being a half-breed? Well, in that case you'd be taking some liberties with the lore. The Amarr government is not a Nazi government and does not prosecute people in it for having non-Amarr heritage. They're looked down on by some elements of society and might have issues finding employment with more conservative businesses, but they aren't imprisoned for it. And also, the fact that you're only a half-breed instead of a full non-Amarr still puts you one step up from those without any Amarr blood at all. If this is an arc you really want to roll with, though, perhaps your character could be from an individual holding somewhere where a highly conservative Holder does choose to impose such kind of harsh rulings on his people. The feudal nature of the Empire does give opportunity for having quite different regulations in different holdings.

Now, if he actually did go and forge documents to keep the non-Amarr blood off his records, of which there is definitely incentive to do seeing as how non-pure Amarr are often looked down on, then that would certainly be chargeable by Empire-wide laws. But key thing to remember is that, for at least the majority of Amarr, it would be the forging that's breaking the law and not the half-breed status.

Well, the whole idea of being a 'prosecuted half-breed' would only be in regards to my former corporation, 1PG, and their Conservative policy of hiring 'Pure blood Amarr, Khanid, Ni-Kunni only'. It would be a roleplay reason why my character was shunned by at least some of my superiors, never receiving PVP training and then on top of that...being MOCKED for it. However, since I have been already been booted from the corp in my absence anyways I suppose it does not matter too much.

The forging of the documents, as well as the 'pure blood' policy of the corporation would be enough to justify the backstory I think. You are right that CVA doesn't care about one's racial ancestry or what ships one flies. Ammarians are not that racist, since even Minmatar can dock in Emperor station or serve in the Imperial Navy.

Molok the Deceiver, not Garrulock.

Also, being a Speaker of Truth after having been convicted of crimes doesn't exactly make sense. They are chosen from very pious, proven individuals, and are tasked with providing top education to noble children and a select few talented commoners.

Additionally, being a Speaker of Truth does not give someone leeway to criticize the existing Emperor and government. The Speakers of Truth have maintained their position because of their restraint in using it, they are primarily apolitical and passive in regards to judicial and political matters and instead focus on their educational roles. A Speaker who openly berates the empress for being a clone risks the entire order's standing in the Empire, and so wouldn't be very highly thought of.

People often look to the Speaker who tried Aritcio as an example of Speaker roles yet this is very very flawed. What happened there was the exception, Speakers do not exercise, "a lot of power." They are, principally, exemplary teachers of the gifted, who only occasionally step in on very serious issues in very rare circumstances. Holders, the Civic Court, the Theology Council, and the Empress remain the primary judicial forces in the Empire, the Speakers only ever step in when all of those avenues are exhausted. I imagine the only reason they stepped in with Aritcio at all was because there was no real emperor at the time available to handle the matter.

I won't bother to be a 'Speaker of Truth' then. It does seem a little limited as far as roleplay goes. Also, you are right. A speaker of truth who denies the Empress risks the organization as a whole.

TBH this would probably work better than the Speakers. The Order of Tetrimon is a highly conservative group which maintains much, much harsher policies in general and ergo would be a fitting place for a character with these beliefs (though whether the Order would accept a half-breed in any significant position I'm unsure. As said, they are one of the most hardline groups out there). Plus, Odelya's been wanting friends (though sadly she'll be gone for a few months for RL education stuff). Keep in mind though that it would be your character's own decision to go to them. The Order are banned from the Amarr Empire as heretics, only the Kingdom welcomes them.

Well, I don't have to be a high rank within the order. However, I do like the idea of being a sort of 'Combat Monk'. My character is a 'wealthy commoner', which basically means peasant. The Duchess Odelya would never consider me as anything more than a useful servant. I don't know how well Amarrians would be trusted by the Khanid separatists, but I suppose I could be something like a 'double agent'.

Since I have already been kicked out, I don't have to go with the 'half-breed' story. I suppose I would have to find out the reason why I was removed from 1PG, but I would imagine the reason would be for OOC dormancy.

Oh yes, and I should sign up with Agony Unleashed so that my four year old PVP character can learn how to fight.

I suppose there is no such thing as the 'Ministry of Racial hygiene'. This doesn't mean that there can't be a doctrine of racial hygiene to which former 1PG pilot Naupilus would have been an adherent to. He is, after all, a foaming at the mouth racist intent upon the extermination or subjugation of the Minmatar. I'm not sure what would have made Naupilus 'snap' and join the Blood Raiders though.

Since 1PG does have that racist recruitment policy, and since they are a FW corp, I don't think that this 'doctrine of racial hygiene' would be misrepresenting the corporation too much.

I am not sure why Odela left 1PG, or what her opinion regarding me would have been. Most likely I would have been invisible to her.

thanks for your insight.

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2014, 14:05 »

In regards to the 'pits of cleansing', it might be something I have to endure in order to remove any of the flesh that might contain Caldari DNA. This seems fitting for a fanatical conservative sect such as the Order of St. Tetrimon. However, the Khanid separatists still have better relations with the Caldari than the Amarrians.

Also, being 'condemned' to fly in a Penal company might be part of the punishment for the forging of documents. I like the idea of a penal company, since there aren't any prisons or other penal institutions in EVE. Instead of just being 'shot out of the sky on sight', Pirates, traitors and so forth can serve 'penance' by serving the Empire, or perhaps the Khanid Kingdom in this case.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2014, 14:14 »

Magnificent!

I have noticed this too. Naupilius is roleplaying more of an 'insane person' than an actual Blood Raider. I love his posts, his imagination, and his dry wit. Yet he is still roleplaying the Amarrian fanatic I once wanted to be.

For one thing, the Blood Raiders (at least in the IGS) are practicing the so called 'Left hand path' to enlightenment. The left hand path practices indulgence, not abstinence.

I suppose the difference would be like a high school teenager practicing 'hollywood' Satanism by listening to Heavy metal and sacrificing stray cats on a pentacle adorned altar, and the 'real' Satanic church of Anton LaVey who condemns the harming of any animals or other innocents (except for food).

The idea of roleplaying a Blood Raider is somewhat appealing. There have been a LOT of people that have been looking for Blood Raider/ 'Satanic' roleplay. I would love to start up something like a Blood Raider slave brothel and/or pleasure centre, as well as a market hub for contraband.

However, considering that Gallentean pleasure centers with scantily clad women once existed in game and were removed, I'm not sure how far it would get. Also, roleplaying a slave brothel in EVE essentially means 'cyber sex'. A rather pointless waste of time, and potentially problematic when you have 13 year olds playing EVE.

Also, I never liked the idea of doing can flipping, or 'griefing' sorts of Piracy myself. I like to try and help people more than hurt them, even strangers. I like to do logistics and scouting more than tackling and ganking. I'm in it more for the cheers than the tears.

I do enjoy mining with an alt and doing indy stuff. Miners are understandably leery of pirates or anything to do with pirates. In fact, JiKahr only joined 1PG to learn PVP so he could learn to defend miners against pirates. Four years later and he never learned to PVP through his corp. Maybe I really am a carebear?

I also notice that the CEO of the Blood Raiders was half Caldari, with a prostitute as a mother too!

Oh yes. My standings with the Blood Raiders is also horrible. I would imagine a lot of Amarrians have this problem. It is a shame that there isn't a way to reverse these standings. One would think that a traitor to the Empire would be welcomed to the Blood Raiders with open arms. There really needs to be a way to increase standings with the Blood Raiders, other than tedious grinding. CCP could make EVE a lot more interesting simply by allowing players to join Pirate Alliances and form their own 'little Empires' in null sec. This also reflects what actual RL pirates would do.

There are Blood Raiders on IGS? I think that Anya is currently the only Bleeder that is not an NPC at the moment, besides the long lost Asias Urazmie.

Anya is the CEO of the Hematology Advancement Program in Delve. Which specializes in blood research and development through forced and voluntary breeding (and blooding) programs. It is the backbone, so to speak, of the Covenant's advances in bio-sciences. While at the same time, Anya works for the Covenant's security agents, enforcing Covenant law and being a devout Sani Sabik.

If you are (or anyone is) actually interested in becoming a Bleeder for the Covenant, I suggest going to Delve and doing all the missions and arcs they have available. Raising standings is really not that hard and you can always get some Blood Raiders standings from me or my Corporation.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #8 on: 27 Aug 2014, 14:30 »

Regarding 1PG I believe they're just a holding corp right now. Only 10 members left in it. I think sten mattson was the last really active member and he's recently changed corps as well (to Virtus Crusade, which looks to be the successor to 1PG). So yeah, you being removed was probably just cleanup.

As far as what made Nauplius snap, it was somewhat gradual for awhile. He started out just being zealous super conservative to the point of Tetrimonism (he never actually claimed to be Tetrimon, but basically all of his pre-blooder philosophies were extremely Tetrimonic in style), then did a massive slave sacrifice inspired by the sacrifice of Molok and has gone full blooder since then. Though as Anyanka says, Nauplius isn't actually a member of the Blood Raiders, he just holds his own variant of sabik/blooder ideals.

So I'd again reiterate that Tetrimonism is probably the area to look at, as both Nauplius and Odelya, former 1PGers, maintain Tetrimonic ideals. It's a good common element. :) Nauplius just jumped off that right down into blooding.

Good luck with whatever you decide to roll with. :)

In regards to the 'pits of cleansing', it might be something I have to endure in order to remove any of the flesh that might contain Caldari DNA. This seems fitting for a fanatical conservative sect such as the Order of St. Tetrimon.

That is definitely something I could see Tetrimonites doing, yup!

Even my character does a bit of that, though to a lesser degree, due to being a conservative Ardishapurite who hates her Matari heritage.
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2014, 14:32 by Samira Kernher »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 27 Aug 2014, 14:57 »

Well, the whole idea of being a 'prosecuted half-breed' would only be in regards to my former corporation, 1PG, and their Conservative policy of hiring 'Pure blood Amarr, Khanid, Ni-Kunni only'. It would be a roleplay reason why my character was shunned by at least some of my superiors, never receiving PVP training and then on top of that...being MOCKED for it. However, since I have been already been booted from the corp in my absence anyways I suppose it does not matter too much.

Proceed with caution when linking IC explanations to OOC issues. It can be.. slippery.

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #10 on: 27 Aug 2014, 16:55 »

There are Blood Raiders on IGS? I think that Anya is currently the only Bleeder that is not an NPC at the moment, besides the long lost Asias Urazmie.

Anya is the CEO of the Hematology Advancement Program in Delve. Which specializes in blood research and development through forced and voluntary breeding (and blooding) programs. It is the backbone, so to speak, of the Covenant's advances in bio-sciences. While at the same time, Anya works for the Covenant's security agents, enforcing Covenant law and being a devout Sani Sabik.

If you are (or anyone is) actually interested in becoming a Bleeder for the Covenant, I suggest going to Delve and doing all the missions and arcs they have available. Raising standings is really not that hard and you can always get some Blood Raiders standings from me or my Corporation.

Hmm, I would have thought that there was a point where your standings became irreparable, such as past -8 or something.

While the story line of the Blood Raiders is appealing, I feel like I would be throwing away the standings with the Empire I grinded so hard to get. I suppose I could pick up the POCOs and whatever else from the Loyalty store before turning to the 'dark side'.

Turning from a Loyalist to a Pirate makes a lot of logical sense. This is often what happened (happens) with Pirates in real life. Shanghaied into the Imperial (British) Navy, they would be forced to serve middle class or 'blue blood' Naval Officers in horrible conditions for paltry pay. A mutiny was the sailor's way to freedom, fun and sometimes riches.

Having said that though, the Pirates I meet on EVE are usually pretty cool, fun people. I wanted to be an Amarrian Loyalist because I felt like it would be a good way to roleplay a fanatic. In actual fact, very few people in Faction War are interested in roleplay. Not even the people in my former corporation were that interested in roleplay.

Is the Covenant an Alliance you can actually join, or is it just 'window dressing'?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #11 on: 27 Aug 2014, 17:37 »

If you want RP in Amarr FW, either PIE or Imperial Outlaws would probably fit the bill.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #12 on: 27 Aug 2014, 17:38 »

Regarding 1PG I believe they're just a holding corp right now. Only 10 members left in it. I think sten mattson was the last really active member and he's recently changed corps as well (to Virtus Crusade, which looks to be the successor to 1PG). So yeah, you being removed was probably just cleanup.

As far as what made Nauplius snap, it was somewhat gradual for awhile. He started out just being zealous super conservative to the point of Tetrimonism (he never actually claimed to be Tetrimon, but basically all of his pre-blooder philosophies were extremely Tetrimonic in style), then did a massive slave sacrifice inspired by the sacrifice of Molok and has gone full blooder since then. Though as Anyanka says, Nauplius isn't actually a member of the Blood Raiders, he just holds his own variant of sabik/blooder ideals.

So I'd again reiterate that Tetrimonism is probably the area to look at, as both Nauplius and Odelya, former 1PGers, maintain Tetrimonic ideals. It's a good common element. :) Nauplius just jumped off that right down into blooding.

Tetrimonism it is then.

As far as blooding, or Blood raiders, I wonder what it is about them that separates them most from the Amarrian faith? Notably, they are considered heretics, not heathens (apostates), so there are probably more similarities between the two faiths than there are differences. I had interpreted the blooding to mean that the Blood Raiders took a verse of scripture literally, whereas the orthodox Amarrians interpreted the verse figuratively.

Based on what the Duchess Odelya wrote about her character, it might even be possible to have some kind of secret alliance, or at least a Non Aggression pact, between the Blood Raiders and the Tertimons. 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend', so to speak.

The Khanid Kingdom is close enough to Delve, and the Khanid separatists might need some back up if the Imperial Navy decides to dispense some laser fire justice. The Tertimon order can secretly provide the Covenant with slaves, goods and other 'high sec' supplies, and the Covenant can supply the order with black market goods, null sec access, and illegal drugs.

The 'left hand path' of the Blood Raiders does sound like it could be a lot of fun. Sex, drugs, Rock n' roll (and homicide and cannibalism) can be a means to spiritual awakening and enlightenment. There also seems to be a few people in the EVE forums interested in Blood Raider roleplaying (or Vampiric/ Satanic) roleplay.

Of course, roleplaying a right-hand path (right wing) fanatic would be equally fun...and in real life the two extremes often converge. In this case, they share not only geography but similar objectives.

I think both roleplaying alternatives (the left and right hand path) need to be developed more.   

Hmm, dilemma.

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #13 on: 27 Aug 2014, 18:04 »

If you want RP in Amarr FW, either PIE or Imperial Outlaws would probably fit the bill.

Eh, I am a little bored with Amarr FW. When I first finished my noobie toots, I was divided between the Sisters of EVE arc and joining FW. I got a letter of recommendation, clicked on it, and presto! I was in Faction Warfare! In retrospect, I might have done the Sisters of EVE arc first. The militia chat is horrible, and I spent most of my time in FW alone doing PVE plexes and missions.

I had been considering trying Caldari FW just for the change. My in character reason for being in Caldari FW would be to attack Gallente ships and secretly harvest their crews for use as slaves, particularly for use in brothels. Talk about a pimp ship! 8) Well, that and to make friends with more Caldari, and get in touch with my 'Caldari side'.

There's just a lot more people (and targets) in Caldari space (and FW) than in Amarr space. Also, since I feel somewhat betrayed by my FW corporation, I don't have much of an interest in fighting on the side of the Empire anymore.

PIE and CVA? Well, that kind of roleplay just became kind of boring for me. Roleplay consisted mostly of just mentioning the word 'God' every so often. Also, some people wanted to impose their own RL Liberal humanitarian values onto their character (i.e. 'I don't actually believe in slavery. Amarr Victor!')     

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #14 on: 27 Aug 2014, 18:20 »

Also, I never liked the idea of doing can flipping, or 'griefing' sorts of Piracy myself. I like to try and help people more than hurt them, even strangers. I'm in it more for the cheers than the tears.

I do enjoy mining with an alt and doing indy stuff. [..] Maybe I really am a carebear?
Does anyone else like the concept of a blood raider miner? I mean...I'm sort of curious how other characters, blooder or otherwise, would react to that.
-OOChé
Pages: [1] 2