Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Samuel Rackham Premium Caldari Ale is made with aroma hops from the widely recognized agricultural facilities of Haatomo III? For more, see here.

Author Topic: All Hallow's Eve Masquerade (ooc)  (Read 1747 times)

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
All Hallow's Eve Masquerade (ooc)
« on: 26 Aug 2014, 14:04 »

I am looking at doing another masquerade around Halloween...haven't settled on a specific date yet, but mostly seeing if there would be interest in attending as well as any suggestions or ideas for the event.
Last year's event seemed to go off pretty well, had a lot of mingling, dancing, and a silent auction.

I am considering doing the silent auction again...just want a better means of managing it (but that's the perfectionist).

Anyway, figured I should get this out now instead of later.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: All Hallow's Eve Masquerade (ooc)
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2014, 14:24 »

You can safely assume interest/participation on my end. :cube:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2014, 16:09 »

10/10 Would b...attend

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2014, 17:10 »

Sounds good to me!

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2014, 17:56 »

I'm confused. Is this an OOC event? Is this that thing where characters mingle incognito? If it's the latter, are we supposed to use alts?
-OOChé

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2014, 06:54 »

I'm confused. Is this an OOC event? Is this that thing where characters mingle incognito? If it's the latter, are we supposed to use alts?

The event is IC. The reason for the OOC tag on the thread is this is the player asking and not an IC invitation/announcement of an event.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Zenariae

« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 2014, 01:00 »

I would like to present Zenariae at this sort of event. A masquerade sounds interesting and fun and it would help me practice her interaction with other characters.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #7 on: 29 Aug 2014, 14:25 »

Ah. The OOC tag confused me because I thought it was a given this was the player talking, as these are the OOC forums.

So this is the thing I was thinking of? Are we encouraged to disguise our mains by using alts?
-OOChé

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 29 Aug 2014, 15:01 »

Send me sa personal invitataion

Khanid are picky like that, specially commoners

Zenariae

« Reply #9 on: 29 Aug 2014, 16:21 »

Ah. The OOC tag confused me because I thought it was a given this was the player talking, as these are the OOC forums.

So this is the thing I was thinking of? Are we encouraged to disguise our mains by using alts?

Now you have me confused. Is this sort of event where an 'alt' turns up as a disguised 'main'? I've never attended an IC masquerade so I'm not sure how these things work.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 29 Aug 2014, 16:24 »

I think you will find most people don't care to roll a throwaway alt just for the sake of impersonating themselves for an event. Assuming they even have the spare slots for it, which many don't.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #11 on: 30 Aug 2014, 12:08 »

Luna will come.  I was annoyed at the last ball where people right out and identified me even though I was masqued taking much of the fun out of it so I will come as an alt.. perhaps!

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #12 on: 04 Sep 2014, 17:00 »

At the last one, a couple of people (one for sure) came with an alt-character as disguise.

My general rule of thumb with the event is, assume everyone is masked and act accordingly.  If you want to go a step further, you can (as most did) place links in your bio to what you are wearing. You can even place in your bio that you are not masked.

It can be hard, and given that it is text based interaction, easy to forget.  The primary goal for me is that people are having a good time.