Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Ishukone corporation is one of the major players in the 'liberal' faction and was the first non-Jovian organization to receive capsule technology from the Jovians?

Author Topic: E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy is a strange game, and fun.  (Read 4112 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

This is a game that I have been playing recently.

In E.Y.E. you are a cybernetically enhanced agent of an organisation seeking to overthrow an oppressive government, while combating a mysterious force that threatens all humankind.

Sounds simple enough, doesn't it ? But that's where you'd be wrong.

You are an amnesiac, cyborg agent of an organisation created by a secret society of corporations, seeking to overthrow an oppressive government, while combating a mysterious force, while also, making your faction of the organisation look better to the higher-ups than the other faction of your organisation, which you do by the means of your cyborg, psychic and technological powers. Oh, did you not know about the PSI powers ?

Summon werewolves to explode out of your enemies (and then explode the werewolf), create multiple copies of yourself, hack and be hacked by bank machines, doors, and other cyborgs, wield immense swords that cause explosions, encounter monsters created by the collective psyche of humanity that take the form of women in cocktail dresses wielding assault rifles, sprint at 45mph, leap 5 stories into the air, and be told lies by just about everyone you encounter, including the messages left by your past self.

You're a Psychic cyborg hacker assassin ninja commando. And it's great.

It's one of the best first person games I've played for ages.

But it's somewhat on the confusing side, lol.

This image that I found on the internet explains why:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
\o/

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
Re: E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy is a strange game, and fun.
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2014, 22:43 »

YOU GAIN BROUZOUF
YOU GAIN BROUZOUF
YOU GAIN BROUZOUF
YOU GAIN BROUZOUF
YOU GAIN BROUZOUF
MY LEGS ARE OK
YOU GAIN BROUZOUF
Drones are pretty cool, I guess.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy is a strange game, and fun.
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2014, 22:59 »

the "You Gain Brouzouf" notification is probably one of the few things that you're told ingame that is 100% truthful.

Everything else is questionable, lol  :eek:

meet your personal floating-skull robot:
robot: "Master, I have a message for you"
You: "Who sent the message?"
robot: "You did, master"
You: "Show me the message"
Yourself: "If you're listening to this, something went wrong on our last mission"

:o
\o/