Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raider recruits are trained in close-quarters combat before tactics and starship combat? (The Burning Life, p. 54)

Author Topic: PLEX for Good Charity Event  (Read 606 times)

Ibrahim Tash-Murkon

• Wetgraver
PLEX for Good Charity Event
« on: 01 Aug 2014, 17:46 »

What I posted in the Eve Fiction forum:

A few people know that I have been mulling over the possibility of having an IC charity event which would raise money to be put towards CCP PLEX for Good program. I am now set on doing that in the very near future but, considering both the novelty of the affair and the need for extra careful planning due to the RL seriousness of the purpose, I would like to open my plans to input from the community prior to an IC announcement. This will done here and on the Backstage forums. What follows is, in no particular order, the plans as they currently are.

Format: Charity dinner, 50 million per plate minimum entry special seating and recognition for individuals with larger donations. A title and award will be given to the largest individual giver (by title I mean something like "Name of Dinner Bestest Giver of YC 116 [yes, the name will improved]).

Time and Location: 12th or 13th of September (after the Alliance Tournament) and starting at 23:00 New Eden time. Location should presumably be somewhat neutral, as the event is open to absolutely everybody, and might take place in Yulai.

Donation Information: CCP Falcon has informed me that without an actual charity drive occurring CCP cannot hold any PLEX raised. I have, however, contacted Vaerah Vahrokha (who runs the most prominent PLEX for Good fund and has established himself as an incredibly well regarded and trusted third party in Eve) who has agreed to add any proceeds to this fund until such time as CCP institutes another drive. As currently planned donations will be made directly to me and then at the conclusion of the event the total amount will be given to Vaerah Vahrokha.

Possibility of Other Activities: If there is interest other events, like an auction, could be arranged to raise funds.

I apologize for the above being slightly scatterbrained but plans are still in the early stage and I felt the best results would require acquiring input from the community as soon as possible. I am looking for input of literally every aspect of the event so please give any suggestions or ask any questions that you believe will be helpful.

Thank you!

I will also be taking suggestions and questions here. :)
“If your hands aren’t bleeding, you aren’t working hard enough.”

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: PLEX for Good Charity Event
« Reply #1 on: 01 Aug 2014, 18:27 »

If you're planning on having a ~thing~ in Yulai, the Masque is available. Just contact Morwen IC to discuss details. She likes charity/humanitarian work. :p
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ibrahim Tash-Murkon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #2 on: 01 Aug 2014, 18:43 »

I started considering just that venue awhile ago after noticing it was in Yulai.
“If your hands aren’t bleeding, you aren’t working hard enough.”

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 02 Aug 2014, 02:44 »

Sounds Great! \o/