Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Khanids were fellow settlers alongside the Amarrians on Athra, better known today as Amarr Prime? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous (Or: Why has this thread not been made yet!?)  (Read 39296 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

Aelisha, is "Anansi Syndicate" formally registered as a group ? it seems like you can register a player group, and can even gain control of systems and stuff.
\o/

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs

In the process - they register groups as the dev team gets time, but with Horizon crunch I expect a bit of a delay. We're gunning for it though!

Utari Onzo

You'll have to tell me when you play/if you have TS so I can join in on this. Fed space grinding local pirates is getting boring for me and my Viper.

Aelisha

• Egger

war has just been declared between the League of Bhado Party (Dictator) and the Brotherhood of Bhado (Unfettered). We will be supporting the Brotherhood in open and private groups, winging up as soon as combat sites spawn. We're largely EU time, but will have presence in all but AUTZ.

Take missions for the Brotherhood and push the corrupt League from our system! First Napier Outpost, next the system!

I'll chat with our web guys about TS (we use pyre comms atm) - but we can always use the OOC TS server as a stop gap.
« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2015, 09:35 by Aelisha »

Tamiroth

• Wetgraver

get some exploration data, and go to Lave station, sign up for the community goal mission, then hand your exploration data in. Right now, it's a minimum of 200,000 credits for doing that, money for very little effort, as chances are you can get some exploration data on your way there, lol.

It's what I did today. Then went on a tourist trip to Betelgeuse. It was a big red star.
Welp, my two-day foray out of the galactic plane (up, up and away until the jump drive is out of range), then to Betelgeuse and Rigel ended in a fail - 5 jumps off Lave on the return trip I was interdicted by a wing of a Federal Assault Ship + Vulture and promptly sent back to Lave Station.

The credit loss on ship re-buy is tolerable, but some 6 hours of tedious scanning apparently were sucked out of the breached canopy with all the oxygen. That's really annoying.

Nissui

« Last Edit: 14 Feb 2016, 14:28 by Oneironaut »

Aelisha

• Egger

Ships 1.5 update of note:

The Fer De Lance is getting its reactor upgraded from Class 5 to 6, giving it superior thermal performance and 25% more power at grade A! It is also getting thruster tweaks, with better pitch and roll. All in all a much needed bonus to a classic.

Looking forwards to replacing my combat python with one, and refitting my other python for mining, smuggling and planetary landing.

Also TY Oneironaut for offering the use of that service! I am sure it'll come in handy. Grab me on slack (aelishamontenagre) or elite (Nyninch Anaconda) if you're looking for wings! 
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2015, 09:38 by Aelisha »

Aelisha

• Egger

BETA 4 update
Horizons 2.0

Shamelessly ripped form my twitter feed, I present to you the latest in ground variation and terrain mapping that FDev has provided to date:

Thanks to @fireytoad for the image (a good streamer and supporter of ED).

Not pictured is the addition of subsurface scattering for ice. This makes Europa, and mixed rock/ice bodies far more interesting to land on, with areas of opaque, gritty ice/rock mix surrounded by translucent glacier-like canyons.

FDev are going all out on spectacle and accuracy, and this is something we'll see continue when they begin to model atmospherics later next year.

Tamiroth

• Wetgraver

Horizons launch dec 15th!

Veiki

• Egger

Had a look in the Frontier store for Horizons recently and had no idea they had the original 1984 Elite for a free download.

It's becoming one of those games like Master of Orion 2 I can't stop playing and have on every install.

Aelisha

• Egger

I would like to strongly recommend this support tool for roleplayers - Thanks to Avio for bringing it to my attention http://inara.cz/wing/455

Nissui

I would like to strongly recommend this support tool for roleplayers - Thanks to Avio for bringing it to my attention http://inara.cz/wing/455

Inara also already have their own Discord server up and running in case that works better for people.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain

So tempted to buy this to play with you guys... but that $52 price tag eats my soul.

Aelisha

• Egger

Horizons goes live approximately 18:00 today.  See you on the ground, commanders.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Does this $30 expansion branch off from the other game? How are they handling all that?

You guys don't pay subscriptions though, right? So not too bad if you think of it like $2.50/month MMO game? Way cheaper than EVE?

Also upcoming avatars, right? And multicrew? How will that work?

« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2015, 09:53 by Silas Vitalia »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17