Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Scagga once lost 800,000,000 isk in one night due to his gambling problem?

Author Topic: Minecraft EvE Online RP Server? [Has It Been Done]  (Read 1587 times)

Quincyy

• Clonejack

Hello everyone!

Recently I have been getting into the lore of Eve Online, and being a laid back minecrafter [since the days of alpha], I remember seeing discussions how EvE roleplay does not have a way to meet face to face as a capsuleer.

I also know the player base of EvE tends to be higher, but that's never stopped me from playing Minecraft, albeit avoiding some servers.

Anyways, I know many of you here have been around for a long time, and was wondering if anything like this had been tried before?  Due to the limitations of Minecraft, I had several ideas about how work it into the "lore". This included it being a retreat where capsuleers can "relive the days of our ancestors" by using rudimentary technology. At the same time, this would allow people to meet face to face (although in far less detail), build monuments and designs based around the EvE lore base.  The server I'm renting also allows to have several servers seemlessly hooked together, so in a way, I could have a portal system to various planets, each centered around a specific faction.

Just spit balling ideas. Anyways, thanks for checking this out.
~Q

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
Re: Minecraft EvE Online RP Server? [Has It Been Done]
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jan 2017, 10:37 »

Reasonably sure it's never been done before. I think the closest has been a certain amount of out-of-game text-chat via Slack and so on.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jan 2017, 19:27 »

Why not Space Engineer?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Vikarion

« Reply #3 on: 04 Jan 2017, 15:08 »

Why not Space Engineer?

I love Space Engineers, but the multiplayer is said to be buggy and laggy as hell.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 Jan 2017, 16:08 »

For that "Clear Skies" vibe why not Gary's Mod of Half Life 2?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jan 2017, 02:26 »

Why not Space Engineer?

I love Space Engineers, but the multiplayer is said to be buggy and laggy as hell.

I haven't been following Space Engineers and I am still waiting for it to leave Early Access. Would like to have a crack at building engineering ships (you know, the stuff used to perform repairs and maintenance outside station/spaceship in the cold void of space?) and make it look like something Minmatar-designed.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Vikarion

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2017, 21:06 »

Why not Space Engineer?

I haven't been following Space Engineers and I am still waiting for it to leave Early Access. Would like to have a crack at building engineering ships (you know, the stuff used to perform repairs and maintenance outside station/spaceship in the cold void of space?) and make it look like something Minmatar-designed.

With Space Engineers, you pretty much have the choice of Minmatar or Caldari when it comes to building styles.

Personally, I always end up building some sort of mining behemoth to eat asteroids in one go.