General Discussion > The Speakeasy: OOG/Off-topic Discussion

Abolish blasphemy laws

(1/22) > >>

BloodBird:
I ran a quick search and found no topics on this matter so I assume there is none. If there is, feel free to lock this etc. and point me towards the existing one.

There is a matter of grave importance in our world today that I believe people here will want to support. that matter is

The abolition of Blasphemy Laws.

Freedom of religion includes freedom from religion. No faith - including non-faith - should be held higher than another, and to enforce laws - many enforced with death - for 'blaspheming' from some faiths is a breach of human rights.

I hope to hear from you on this matter.

Karmilla Strife:
I would say, having lived in places with laws against Apostasy and Blasphemy, that maybe there are better things we can do than impose our first world morals on places that could better use help in other area. I suggest education and sanitation.

Ava Starfire:
I think helping remove land mines and getting potable water is a pretty cool start.

Vikarion:

--- Quote from: Karmilla Strife on 17 Jun 2014, 17:15 ---I would say, having lived in places with laws against Apostasy and Blasphemy, that maybe there are better things we can do than impose our first world morals on places that could better use help in other area. I suggest education and sanitation.

--- End quote ---

Not to put too fine a point on it, but if someone thinks that I don't have a right to live (as an atheist), why should I care if they have enough to drink? Why should I care to feed those who want to kill gay people for being born that way?

As far as I'm concerned, that whole "love your enemies" thing makes no more sense to me than the rest of the religion. I think our foreign aid should be predicated on tolerance in a society. Besides, it's not like there aren't plenty of more tolerant societies that could use our aid, and in my mind, deserve it more.

Katrina Oniseki:
I read this entire thread without realizing it was about real life until I finally checked the forum.

I thought we were talking about Amarr RP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version