Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That many tattoos in EVE are nano-tattoos created with microchips implanted in the skin, programmed to react to the wearer's emotional state? Read more here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Smaug's hoard or Draconic memory foam  (Read 2093 times)

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
Re: Smaug's hoard or Draconic memory foam
« Reply #15 on: 18 Jun 2014, 08:01 »

They will spend half an hour showing a fight between him and a fat goblin, which he will kill and Significantly Influence The Events Of The Battle
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #16 on: 18 Jun 2014, 08:43 »

That one dude will use the special arrow to kill the dragon using the blatantly mentioned chink in the dragons armor.  The dragon will crash into the city and destroy it.  The dwarves will get their home back and Bilbo will go home (but not really because you can never really go home again).

But what happened to the werebear?

He gets spectacular eyebrows.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs
« Reply #17 on: 18 Jun 2014, 10:46 »

...what? THIS is topic-worthy material now?

On the internet, a place where we come to waste our time, there is a defined threshold for what is worthy of being a topic for discussion?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #18 on: 18 Jun 2014, 10:51 »

...what? THIS is topic-worthy material now?

On the internet, a place where we come to waste our time, there is a defined threshold for what is worthy of being a topic for discussion?

Good point.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #19 on: 18 Jun 2014, 11:04 »

They will spend half an hour showing a fight between him and a fat goblin, which he will kill and Significantly Influence The Events Of The Battle

There's also a stoner wizard riding a rabbit-drawn sled that travels close to the speed of sound apparently. Don't forget that guy.

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #20 on: 19 Jun 2014, 02:31 »

There's also a stoner wizard riding a rabbit-drawn sled that travels close to the speed of sound apparently. Don't forget that guy.

Clearly product placement for Saint Nick.  Even his perfidious capitalist leanings seep into Middle Earth.  "Sauron was Framed 2014!!!".

Kala

• Egger
« Reply #21 on: 22 Jun 2014, 04:31 »

I saw the first Hobbit movie and it did seem like they were trying too hard for Epic

Yup.  I think that's the crux of the problem - that and there not really being enough material to stretch it into three films comfortably.

I think they were going for a delicate balance of portraying the lighter tone of what is essentially a children's story in The Hobbit, while trying to keep the 'epic' feel of the Lord of the Rings films, to show it as a prequel to that story.

Personally, I think they fell off the barrel. (Though I still enjoyed it).

Lyn Farel

« Reply #22 on: 22 Jun 2014, 10:46 »

Personally, I think they fell off the barrel. (Though I still enjoyed it).

Pretty much.
Pages: 1 [2]