EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > The Summit (IG Channel Discussion)

Problems in summit moderation

(1/18) > >>

Lithium Flower:
The problems are :
1. Moderators troll and insult players, and when they reply back - they mute. If they put moderators on ignore - they ban them.
2. Moderators ban and mute without warning for rules that were not explained or written anywhere and without warning that this activity is against the rules.
3. Moderators ban without reasons.

Example: 16.05 this year character Diana Kim was found banned from both The Summit and OOC channels.
Reasons of the ban were not given. Character was evading any violation of known rules in the channel.
When Graelyn was confronted to give exact violation, instead of facts, he provided only insults as reply.

Here is a log from public "Out Of Character" channel

--- Quote ---[15:16:10] Diana Kim > oh, you!
[15:16:23] Diana Kim > <url=showinfo:1373//1151998939>Graelyn</url> Accept convo!
[15:16:38] Graelyn > No. Go away.
[15:17:12] Diana Kim > <url=showinfo:1373//1151998939>Graelyn</url> Can you tell us, why you ban people in summit mabe?
[15:17:20] Avio Yaken > .-.
[15:18:09] Diana Kim > <url=showinfo:1373//1151998939>Graelyn</url> Just, you know, at least, name date and time of violation, what it violated, and why it is prohibited. Eh?
[15:18:14] Graelyn > nah.
[15:18:16] Graelyn > effort.
[15:18:20] Graelyn > wasted on ya.
[15:18:27] Graelyn > Tired.
[15:18:30] Avio Yaken > Effort is for causals
[15:18:38] Diana Kim > Or maybe because there is no such violation?
[15:18:53] Diana Kim > Or maybe because someone simply lied about me, and you cover them?
[15:19:00] Diana Kim > I have all logs, you know.
[15:19:12] Graelyn > Morwen and Kat actually argued for you.
[15:19:26] Diana Kim > Argued about what? About what violation?
[15:19:32] Graelyn > I overruled them with a "I can't be bothered with more DK issues".
[15:19:40] Diana Kim > WHAT issue?
[15:19:42] Graelyn > You're just too much trouble.
[15:19:47] Diana Kim > Give me facts, no insults.
[15:19:57] Graelyn > /emote shrugs "No."
[15:20:01] Diana Kim > What <i>exact</i> trouble
[15:20:09] Avio Yaken > Diana jsut let it go, no point it argueing anymore
[15:20:10] Diana Kim > Because, you know, that's just slander and insult.
[15:20:14] Graelyn > ok.
[15:20:33] Avio Yaken > Besides, thsi summit is better anyway...i still love you graelyn ._.
[15:20:33] Diana Kim > So, you admit, that you have banned me without me violating anything?
[15:21:02] Graelyn > I'm admitting that I'm content with you being in the dark.
[15:21:40] Graelyn > Enlightening you is a sysiphian effort I'm unwilling to undertake.
[15:21:47] Diana Kim > Can you be a professional at least for one minute and either give professional answer or admit and fix your mistake?
[15:21:52] Graelyn > nah.
--- End quote ---

I would like to hear your opinions, since I think this is the best place for this channel discussion (as the name of the forum suggests).

Bayushi Tamago:
You missed the previous incident involving her. I have no idea what she's done this time, but the previous issue created a lot of problems, and considering the sheer number of issues Summit has had with her even since I popped up, I'm not really surprised that Graelyn is tired of having to deal with issues she causes.

kalaratiri:
I'm pretty sure Lithium is Diana, Bayushi  :D

Lithium Flower:

--- Quote from: Bayushi Tamago on 30 May 2014, 06:27 ---You missed the previous incident involving her. I have no idea what she's done this time, but the previous issue created a lot of problems, and considering the sheer number of issues Summit has had with her even since I popped up, I'm not really surprised that Graelyn is tired of having to deal with issues she causes.

--- End quote ---
Oh, the previous incident would go under #2.

Incident happened, when Diana and Anyanka were having private RP, that was moved to Summit, since they activated "camera drone" in quarters and it became violent. Both were modded for 10 hours without warning or explicit rule against this, and later both were banned for 1 month in both OOC and Summit channels.

"Reason" of the ban was presumed "enormous" amount of "mails", although not a single one of rule violations in these mails were provided.

PracticalTechnicality:
The Summit and OOC are private channels, even the mods serve at the sufferance of the operator.  Some may not like it, some might, and to be honest I do not expect the operator or moderators to spare too much thought on the issue. 

CCP has provided channels for individuals who feel the moderation/operation of the two aforementioned channels to be not to their liking.  The fact that the player operated channel remains popular, no doubt the driving force behind certain people's constant and tiresome efforts to have the most pathetic coup d'etat in MMO history, is not reason to demand change of operating characteristics or ownership. 

It is a private channel that is open to us to use.  There are channels where the EULA is the only code enforced.  I sympathise that something may not be to your liking, lord knows there are many things I could and would change, but you must recognise that feeling offended or wronged, is not actual indication of wrong doing on the part of whomever or whatever offends you.  Especially when the 'enforcement' system of a private channel is 'so long as you are not breaking EULA, you can ban, kick or shout at whoever you like'. 

I strongly suggest you drop the issue, but expect you will not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version