Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Silphy enDiabel of the Syndicate used to be one of the Sisters of EVE? For more, read here.

Author Topic: Praetorian Temple Library - DUST IGS Amarr Information  (Read 2513 times)

Templar Ordo

• Capsule 23
  • Clonejack
  • Focus determines your reality
    • Moment 23

Hello backstage people!
(( I think I chose the right forum section for this, although otherwise I hope a mod/admin can sort it out otherwise.
It could maybe serve better in the Dust Fiction section, or EVE/DUST collaboration section... but that is up to the mods to decide))

In the heart of the Throne Worlds, The Praetorian Temple Library stands as a massive golden library suite located right next to the PIE headquarters in the Emperor Family Academy station hovering above the planet Osis, Amarr VIII.
Upon entering the massive complex, one is confronted by a massive circular Great Hall with the PIE insignia covering the temple walls. The Great hall is surrounded by six additional halls, all of which contains several huge golden databanks that are guarded by statues of past Emperors and saints. Inbetween the outer halls lies study areas which consists of several desks, holoreels and computer neocoms.

A huge statue depicting an Emperor of the Amarr can be seen in the main Great Hall, welcoming the faithful into the temple library.

I come before you today to just show you the "PIE library" located on the Dust 514 Intergalactic Summit forum.
The library consists mostly of links to the EVElopedia. The idea was initiated due to dusters having a hard time acquiring lore information through the original dust website. Even in-game they are presented with less information than the normal EVE player. The dust IGS is far from as popular and populated as the EVE IGS, but it is still a good place for people looking to dive into RP and lore to at least acquire a bit more information on the Empire.

While it do consists of mostly CCP created lore through the links, the library is a physically described place, in the Emperor station above Oris, where people are invited to come and ask questions and go into the student/knowledge seeker role.
It is open to all races and civil factions, as it serves to proclaim the glory of Amarr. Although not open to outright deemed criminals.

I'm trying to keep it as a social place, and try to give people a short personal information on the subject they occasionally ask about, for the immersion of it.
It also functions covertly as bringing the Amarr message out and promoting PIE in general.

I'll gladly see comments on how it looks now, what I can do better and future ideas!
What do we think?

For the Empress
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2014, 12:17 by Ordo »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Praetorian Temple Library - DUST IGS Amarr Information
« Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2014, 06:28 »

Since there's an ingame channel for this, you should put a post in the channel listing thread. I thought it was already there but I guess not!
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Templar Ordo

• Capsule 23
  • Clonejack
  • Focus determines your reality
    • Moment 23
« Reply #2 on: 01 Apr 2014, 12:14 »

Since there's an ingame channel for this, you should put a post in the channel listing thread. I thought it was already there but I guess not!

There is no channel dedicated to the library.
It is linked as lore resources on the Imperial OOC and Imperial Congregation though. But I wouldn't call that its own channel?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 01 Apr 2014, 12:16 »

I must have misunderstood, then. The comments about it being a physically described place made me think that was what it was. My bad.

(Not that a channel wouldn't be a bad idea...)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Publius Valerius

• Egger
« Reply #4 on: 02 Apr 2014, 12:53 »

+1 Nice work. I like the subdivisions (Halls), as well as the Idea of Holoreel Data = wiki, Holobook = Chronicles, etc... I really like it. Thumbs up.

Denak Kalamari

• Naked Squid
  • Wetgraver
  • Failing at humor
« Reply #5 on: 03 Apr 2014, 15:34 »

I must have misunderstood, then. The comments about it being a physically described place made me think that was what it was. My bad.

(Not that a channel wouldn't be a bad idea...)
This thread actually started on the DUST IGS, where we have RP physical place threads to accommodate for RP chatrooms. We loathe the chat system because it's just atrocious DUST side.

Anyway, good job on compiling all the Amarr lore together neatly in one place. I never really had a reason IC-wise to hop in on that thread, so hats off to you. o7
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2014, 15:36 by Denak Kalamari »

\   /
One Soldier // Two Faces
Grahisha of the ILF, writer of Thoughts of a Clone Soldier