Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sukuuvestaa megacorporation owns as much as 1/3 of all real estate in the Caldari State, and is considered one of the State's most ruthless corporations?

Author Topic: [Request] New RP corp list  (Read 3094 times)

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
[Request] New RP corp list
« on: 28 Dec 2013, 11:39 »

So I would be happy to do the work to set this up but was not sure if that was kosher. Thoughts? If it is a go I was thinking I could just edit this thread and make it the list then convince a mod to stickyify it.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
Re: [Request] New RP corp list
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2013, 13:28 »

What's wrong with the current one?
-OOChé

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2013, 13:50 »

It seems woefully out of date still so was thinking starting a new one might help ascertain who was active.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2013, 14:51 »

I keep meaning to do it (and have said I would for a while) but haven't had the time due to work and other crap.

I'm in the middle of an 8-day weekend right now, so I'll take a look after dinner tonight. Already have a partially-completed template based on the channel list lying about somewhere.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2013, 15:27 »

Thanks Morwen. I wasn't trying to complain or make more work for you but noticed it earlier and just thought it would be confusing for newer peeps looking for a corp. You can strip Shinjiketo off the list, the alliance is mothballed for now.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2013, 08:57 »

Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ché Biko

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 29 Dec 2013, 09:01 »

:| Done? It's empty, and thus inferiour to the old one.
Why can't the old one just be updated? Seems like that would be easier to me.
-OOChé

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #7 on: 29 Dec 2013, 09:12 »

:| Done? It's empty, and thus inferiour to the old one.
Why can't the old one just be updated? Seems like that would be easier to me.

Because a) nobody was posting in it to get added, and b) people had asked for a version similar to the new channel list for the very same reasons that the new channel list was made in the first place.

I have a life, as do the other moderators. I am not going to go through and generate new blurbs for each corp/alliance in the old list, nor am I going to go and check to see which ones are active and recruiting, or who's leadership now, or any of that shit. It is not my job or my responsibility to handle the recruitment ad details for corps I'm not a member in, let alone a recruiter. And that's assuming I even had the time (I generally don't).

If you're recruiting, post to the new thread. If you're not, or inactive, clearly you won't be posting to the new thread, which will make it far more accurate than (and thus superior to) the old one.

This way people can actually see which corps are recruiting right now instead of going through the old list, spotting an old one, going, "hey that looks interesting" only to find out the corp's been dead for more than a year or two because nobody posted to say so. This actually does happen, and it shouldn't - it's why a new thread was going to be made.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #8 on: 29 Dec 2013, 12:33 »

Your the best Morwen. Thanks again.

Ché Biko

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 30 Dec 2013, 07:49 »

Because a) nobody was posting in it to get added, [..]
instead of going through the old list, spotting an old one, going, "hey that looks interesting" only to find out the corp's been dead for more than a year or two because nobody posted to say so. This actually does happen, and it shouldn't - it's why a new thread was going to be made.
What was the reason nobody posted in the old one?
And unless something is done to prevent the scenario above, I see no reason why this will not happen in the new thread.
-OOChé

Desiderya

« Reply #10 on: 30 Dec 2013, 08:43 »

It may be empty, but a list with massively outdated information is worthless.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #11 on: 31 Dec 2013, 05:11 »

It's obvious that not every active RP entity is actively reading these boards and that not all of them have entitled players that can recruit here. So of course there is not a lot of RP entity manifesting themselves in this thread.

What could be done, however, is for people that KNOW that x or y RP corp or alliance is still active and playing, can give hints here, or I don't know, ask permission from those entities to post them here or bring their recruiters to post here ?

Desiderya

« Reply #12 on: 31 Dec 2013, 08:42 »

I'm pretty sure people signing up on this board to post things is why it exists.  :lol:

Shiori

« Reply #13 on: 31 Dec 2013, 10:53 »

So rename it the "List of RP Corps Not Yet Sufficiently Cheesed Off by Backstage to No Longer Present Themselves Here" and call it a day˜