Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Both Black Ops and Titans create artificial wormholes with their respective jump portal generators?

Author Topic: Bay's Background  (Read 504 times)

Bayushi Tamago

• Lady of Many Faces
  • Clonejack
    • Threaded Pixels
Bay's Background
« on: 08 Mar 2014, 07:10 »

As a preface, I wrote my background in this style to make my back history a bit more interesting than a chronological listing. I'm more interested in foreshadowing and hinting at things - the subtle approach to character development, especially as I am still working on specific details. (I am now working on a backstory narrative thread over in Fiction, will be editing this page into a more conventional sheet as I go.)

I am also looking for a bit of feedback as I go :)

---------------------------------------

Birthname: [Redacted]
DED Callsign: Bayushi Tamago
Date of Birth: [Redacted]
Date of Pilot License Issue: 112.09.05
Place of Birth: [Redacted]
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 140 lbs
Build: Athletic
Hair Color: Silver
Eye Color: Blue
Race: Caldari
Ethnicity: Achura
Political Alignment: [Redacted]
Education: State War Academy

I miss her. I miss her smile. I will never forget the way she could kill a target from a thousand yards away, or, cause such a delightful amount of euphoria by being ever so close. Well, you would get to enjoy it just long enough to not notice that she had caused your death.

She was a good partner, a friend, and sometimes, well, I think you can finish that sentence yourself. Jade was amazing, she taught me well - how to survive - using your wits, hands and whatever was around to get through the day, the mission and life.

After the accident though, she disappeared. I'm not sure if the bosses thought she was too high a risk or if they simply thought she'd passed her prime. Either way, she was gone, and I'd have to break a lot of rules, and probably more than a few limbs in order to find her again. Now is not the time.

*sips drink*

I have moved on the best I can, as remaining attached to someone can often mean death in my position. At least she can't be harmed anymore though. That's the problem with this line of work - having attachments often leads to heartbreak. Sometimes, it even leads to your judgement getting called into question, merely because everything you care for can be taken away with the flash of a muzzle or the slash of a blade. Some people can't handle the disassociation from their past lives. It took me a while, but I didn't get my reputation crying in a corner over a loved one. I earned it. Some call me inhuman for being so densensitized to it all, but if I could feel that kind of pain still, I'd be in a room, giving myself hugs, permanently. I know people who've gone there. It's not pretty.

Memory augmentation is wonderful, for those who wish to forget something minor and insignificant. If I was able to retire, neuroplasticity would do me no good, the memories are too important, the reflexes ingrained too deep. Even if it did work, I don't /want/ to forget what I've been through. Experiences shape who you are, and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the things I've seen, the things I've done. Hell, I'd be dead if it weren't for the people that sacrificed themselves for me.

I don't have a illness, or at least not anymore, it's a way of life for me now.  It orginally was for my health, but I was cured, and now it's not only a way to keep her alive in my soul, but to also increase survival outside of my pod. Being able to do a job without needing a tac vest to protect the core organs makes for much easier dispatching of packages. I could tell you how I came to find the Faith, however, that is a story for another time.

In another life, I helped operate corporations and alliances across the cluster, and even some residing in Anoikis. A lot of good that did me though.

*sips*

I used to command small gangs, rarely more than 10 people, collecting Sleeper tech inside of w-space. Sometimes I'd leave the darkness and come back to the bustle of empire space, but I was at home in the recesses of that region. I miss living there, but every time I got comfortable, the bureaucracy, my fellow directors, would cause some kind of melodrama, and I would move on. Not out of choice either, mostly just because I have no tolerance for bullshit, or drama. The most recent group I was working alongside are the ones who dragged me into my line of work. Not by inclusion though, but by forcing me out and thus, I find myself here. I would have been pushed out an airlock by now if it weren't for my friends, or the Faith.

Connections are a wonderful thing. In business, connections get you up a ladder and keep you there. In my business, they keep you alive, and well stocked with tasks. The pay may not always be top dollar, but at this point, sometimes the thrill or challenge makes up for the lower pay grade. Takes a pretty impressive job for me to be willing to haggle on my prices though.

It's not just what you know, but /who/ you know.

Anyways, I've kept you here long enough. I actually just got a job sent my way. Hopefully you have time for me to tell you more later, but for now, we have to part ways.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2014, 13:17 by Bayushi Tamago »

genofunk

Re: Bay's Background
« Reply #1 on: 08 Mar 2014, 07:54 »

Wow! I didn't know you are such a badass. If you write a part two, add some locations. I would love to visit, or even accidentally stumble upon, your old stomping grounds.

Bayushi Tamago

• Lady of Many Faces
  • Clonejack
    • Threaded Pixels
Re: Bay's Background
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2014, 19:02 »

I changed it slightly, and am currently working on a follow up, which will be posted once Ita finished :)