Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raider ships have the same design and golden sheen as Amarrian vessels, but are mottled in rust-like vermilion? (The Burning Life p. 80)

Author Topic: [Character] Quattras Peione  (Read 1277 times)

youcancallmesir

• Gutta cavat lapidem non vi sed saepe cadendo.
  • Clonejack
  • I'm not afraid of you. Let's do this.
    • Talking in Local
[Character] Quattras Peione
« on: 15 May 2015, 12:37 »

CONCORD DED Public Capsuleer Datasheet
Name: Dr. Quattras Alvar Peione
Blood Type: AB+
Height: 187cm (6'2")
Weight: 88kg (195lb)
Hair Colour: Red
Eye Colour: Blue
Political Alignment: Independent, "Anarcho-Capitalist"
Employment History: School of Applied Knowledge, Shadow Operatives, Lock Out Security, Southern Cross Empire, Stay Frosty., Gentlemen of Fortune., SUPREME MATHEMATICS, Vagrant Skies
Date of Birth: 22 October YC64
Place of Birth: Muvolailen VIII

DED Threat Assessment: Low

Notes: Dr. Peione's extensive (largely expunged) criminal history is noted in earlier versions of his dossier. After a year of inactivity on Muvolailen VII he has returned to operations with VSKY. Monitoring of his communications and networking activity has disclosed no apparent motivation for his sudden return to duty, but the flurry of activity surrounding his finances - large-scale liquidation of assets, purchase of expeditionary equipment, relocation of offices and personnel from Amarrian space - suggests a change in allegiance and a possible return to operation within the Anoikis cluster.

Personality Assessment: Dr. Quattras Peione is charismatic and friendly, a highly educated combat veteran and the scion of a well-respected military family. He is a shrewd businessman and tactician, fearless in combat to the point of recklessness. He is known amongst his peers for an often overzealous sense of justice, resorting occasionally to violent outbursts when his sensibilities are offended.

Physical Assessment: Dr. Peione's clones are aged to 35, the age at which he received his discharge from the State Navy for injuries sustained in the line of duty. He retains the loss of his right eye and arm - the most prominent of said injuries - as a personal badge of honor. His clones are maintained in peak physical shape, and he keeps a rigorous workout regime to remain so. His lifestyle is strict and disciplined, despite his easygoing manner. His personal habits - smoking, excessive consumption of caffeine and alcohol, reckless behavior - suggest that, had he not become an infomorph, Dr. Peione would have long since been deceased.
« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2017, 00:18 by youcancallmesir »
Dr. Quattras Peione
No, I'm not THAT kind of doctor

youcancallmesir

• Clonejack
    • Talking in Local
Re: [Character] Quattras Peione
« Reply #1 on: 02 Oct 2015, 01:21 »

Publications by Quattras Peione:

The New Face of Conflict; Peione et al., YC 89 - An analysis of the changing concept of warfare since the Yulai Conference, this text was composed during Dr. Peione's tenure at the State War Academy.
"Modern militaries and their political leaders have a bias toward seeking decision via annihilation. This has caused endless frustration when they confront a protracted struggle. In these cases, war is not the continuation of politics by other means, but rather a political milieu all its own - which in fact reshapes the nature of war itself."

Peace by What Means: Infomorphs on the Modern Field of Battle; Peione, YC 99 - A continuation of the analysis begun in The New Face of Conflict, this text delves deeper into the role that cloned warriors - capsuleer and infantry alike - take in the changing idea of warfare. Published two months before Dr. Peione lost his eye and arm in the destruction of the CN Gaisho, this was his last work sanctioned by the State War Academy.
"An earlier theory of warfare based on the nations-at-war model emphasized the primacy of conflicts between empires and saw constabulatory functions, such as countering piracy, as a necessary but secondary task. However, a contemporary theory must give central place to combating nonstate actors. The capsuleer is by necessity an integral part of this model."

Diamonds in the Sky; Peione, YC 116 - Peione's first published novel, the saga of a Caldari capsuleer and his Matari lover; the book was criticized within the State for its overly-romanticized and semi-autobiographical plot but sold relatively well within the Federation. Early rumors pointed to a holovid production, but the director dropped the project early on.
Keramati sighed deeply and rolled over to face Erkki, a single lock of hair falling gently across her face. Her fathomless brown eyes searched his for a moment before she took his hand in hers and turned her gaze to the shimmering blue nebulae visible through the apartment window.

"I thought you would be happy for me, Erkki. This is what we always wanted, right? I'm making a real difference out there - helping the people who have to live on those planets."

The bulky Civire sat up and swung his feet to the floor, turning his back to Keramati and fishing in the darkness for his vest. He located it, pulled out a pack of Amarrian Spirits and lit one, taking a long drag and slowly exhaling the smoke before speaking.

"Getting involved with the Tribal Liberation Force isn't exactly what I had in mind, Kera. Those ties will make you a target; there will be mercs looking to geek you for good just because you wear that patch."

Keramati crossed her long legs and pulled the cigarette from between her lover's lips, placing it to her own. She took a small puff and chuckled quietly.

"You're so paranoid, Erkki. Maybe you should spend less time in those wormholes and more here with me." She let her pointed remark set in for a moment. "The war is just business at this point. Nobody really takes it that seriously."
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2015, 07:07 by youcancallmesir »
Dr. Quattras Peione

youcancallmesir

• Clonejack
    • Talking in Local
Re: [Character] Quattras Peione
« Reply #2 on: 02 Oct 2015, 01:35 »

Communications regarding Quattras Peione:

Hacking V, Civic Court 6.5
[spoiler]
Holder Zanjoahir,

While we join you in mourning the loss of your daughter - I am told she was a promising young woman - I must maintain my stance that there is simply insufficient evidence to implicate this Quattras fellow in the crime. He will be under surveillance as previously stated, however to simply imprison and interrogate a foreign national would instigate a diplomatic incident which, to be frank, the Empress is disinclined to impose between ourselves and our greatest ally. Needless to say, your appeal for outright abduction and summary execution is something best not spoken of again.

Kindest personal regards,
Jariz Ohrzel
Principal Clerk

January 3, YC117[/spoiler]

Hacking IV, Ardishapur Family 5.0
[spoiler]
Dearest Uncle,

It is my understanding that, in light of his public statement of repentance and subsequent embracement of the Faith, the office of the Chancellor (in lieu of a standing emperor) has absolved Dr. Quattras Peione of his crimes against the Empire. Up to, and including, the absolutely inexcusable act of firing upon the Auctoritas itself!

While it is not mine to cast judgment, I do feel obligated to point out the highly controversial interpretation of the Scriptures that Dr. Peione has espoused. Why, he speaks publicly not only against the institution of slavery (another abolitionist, how very droll), but against the very foundations of the modern Empire! It is rumored that he has given voice to the idea that the Council of Apostles should be reinstated, which I believe you will agree is divisive at best, if not outright heretical. If allowed to continue in this manner, mark my words, we will have the Caldari equivalent of the Cult of Tetrimon rising in our midst. Perhaps it would be best if he were disavowed entirely.

In His light,
Arim Adishapur
September 21, YC117 [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2015, 11:21 by youcancallmesir »
Dr. Quattras Peione