Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Serpentis stole one of the six Soltueur-class Titans from the Gallente Federation?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: I need some input from you kind wonderful folks.  (Read 8868 times)

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
Re: I need some input from you kind wonderful folks.
« Reply #15 on: 05 Mar 2014, 14:21 »

Well this is certainly going to be interesting...

I hope so.

Well, it seems that you already made up your mind but I highly prefer Louella's version since it doesn't imply the lost Simca to come back to space. I feel that doing so greatly diminishes the chronicle that has been taken as an inspiration and removes all the mystery that makes it great.

While I like Istvaan idea on what lies in between, actually making it come alive is totally counter productive and ruins everything for me. I would tell him or anyone else the same thing. It's threading into godmodding territory and inventing stuff that directly impacts the laws of the universe itself.

Minds not completely made up just yet, but pretty close. I do see your point about the chron, but I'm missing it on the godmodding bit.

Edit: I will say this though Simca is not gonna be hearing voices.
« Last Edit: 05 Mar 2014, 14:23 by Ember Vykos »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #16 on: 05 Mar 2014, 15:01 »

This is my reaction to Simca coming back:

Yes that is a cheeto. Animated.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #17 on: 06 Mar 2014, 14:02 »

Well this is certainly going to be interesting...

I hope so.

Well, it seems that you already made up your mind but I highly prefer Louella's version since it doesn't imply the lost Simca to come back to space. I feel that doing so greatly diminishes the chronicle that has been taken as an inspiration and removes all the mystery that makes it great.

While I like Istvaan idea on what lies in between, actually making it come alive is totally counter productive and ruins everything for me. I would tell him or anyone else the same thing. It's threading into godmodding territory and inventing stuff that directly impacts the laws of the universe itself.

Minds not completely made up just yet, but pretty close. I do see your point about the chron, but I'm missing it on the godmodding bit.

Edit: I will say this though Simca is not gonna be hearing voices.

Well, that it tells people how the laws of the Eve universe works in that specific case, which was left as a big unknown in PF.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #18 on: 06 Mar 2014, 14:08 »

Avoiding going near anything that might touch on something that could be included in EVE Source (specifically in this case, stargate SCIENCE! stuff) is the main reason I suggested just having her 'appear' on the other side of the gate a year later than she was supposed to, with no recollection of it.

It provides for plenty of (imo) interesting drama and character development - I mean, look how much Simca's missed since she's been gone, and not just in people who used to be very close to her. All of the mess around Caldari Prime. Heth's downfall. Midular's assassination and the Colelie incident. The reformation of the Tribal Assembly. There's a lot of big stuff she's missed out on - not just things that were going on in what would have been her personal life.

There's just so much to work with right there that it seems almost like a self-inflicted wound to add more onto the plate to deal with.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #19 on: 06 Mar 2014, 14:50 »

Avoiding going near anything that might touch on something that could be included in EVE Source (specifically in this case, stargate SCIENCE! stuff) is the main reason I suggested just having her 'appear' on the other side of the gate a year later than she was supposed to, with no recollection of it.

It still does, it tells that it is possible to begin with.

Otherwise yes, there is plenty of drama and good stuff to be had, but I don't see how it necessarily has to involve that kind of stuff as an excuse.

Ember Vykos

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 06 Mar 2014, 15:50 »

Otherwise yes, there is plenty of drama and good stuff to be had, but I don't see how it necessarily has to involve that kind of stuff as an excuse.

It's not like she's gonna show up in The Summit screaming OH MAH GAAWWD THERE'S SHIT BETWEEN THE GATES AND THEY WANT US DEDZ!!!!! /o\ I would like to think I'm a better RPer than that, but there will be elements of that in her character now just because I do want to explore it a bit based on some of the stuff I've read from Istvaan. If it's gonna burst your immersion bubble well I'm sorry you feel that way, but I like it and the possibilities it presents for Simcas character.

« Last Edit: 06 Mar 2014, 15:52 by Ember Vykos »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 06 Mar 2014, 15:57 »

Honestly, idfc what happens as long as Simca and Kat don't become enemies or some shit.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #22 on: 07 Mar 2014, 04:43 »

It's not like she's gonna show up in The Summit screaming OH MAH GAAWWD THERE'S SHIT BETWEEN THE GATES AND THEY WANT US DEDZ!!!!! /o\ I would like to think I'm a better RPer than that, but there will be elements of that in her character now just because I do want to explore it a bit based on some of the stuff I've read from Istvaan. If it's gonna burst your immersion bubble well I'm sorry you feel that way, but I like it and the possibilities it presents for Simcas character.

Ok then. I'm used to it on every MMO. People want to have their fun no matter what and play in community at the same time. After all we pay for it, right.

I have seen every time people saying "Thanks for your feedback but my mind was already made up" or "I was actually only expecting positive feedback", but never have I seen the contrary "That's good points, I'll try to work around that".

Don't take it wrong but when i'm being basically told "I don't care if I break your immersion bubble" it tends to be highly irritating as it is rather rude.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 07 Mar 2014, 09:13 »

Don't take it wrong but when i'm being basically told "I don't care if I break your immersion bubble" it tends to be highly irritating as it is rather rude.

Going to pop your bubble. Unicorns, cotton candy jump drives, the whole shabang.

Ember Vykos

• Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 07 Mar 2014, 09:45 »

Ok then. I'm used to it on every MMO. People want to have their fun no matter what and play in community at the same time. After all we pay for it, right.

Not sure why you seem to want to play the victim here but whatevs. v0v

I have seen every time people saying "Thanks for your feedback but my mind was already made up" or "I was actually only expecting positive feedback", but never have I seen the contrary "That's good points, I'll try to work around that".

I did thank everyone in advance in the OP, and plan on thanking everyone again when this thread closes. I can get just as much from negative feedback as I can positive so that doesn't really matter to me. I do see your points and they are valid, but while I may not work around the big issue you have with the gate chron I do plan on being very subtle with anything that may come from it, so if you don't want to hear about it or see it you probably wont. Hope that helps.

Well I am pretty rude then I guess. I don't like doing it, but you're right I don't really give two shits either. With one exception that I had to put up with I just ignored things that broke my immersion. This is a game after all and while I like things to make sense I'm not gonna give someone hell for bending the rules a bit in the name of fun and enjoyment. Like you said everyone pays their 15 bucks.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #25 on: 07 Mar 2014, 10:01 »

Your immersion is your own business, asking people to not RP something they want for the sake of your immersion is just as rude.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: 07 Mar 2014, 10:04 »

Your immersion is your own business, asking people to not RP something they want for the sake of your immersion is just as rude.

This, essentially. I mean, this is why RP corps even exist - to facilitate your immersion/interests with others that share them. To expect that to go beyond to everyone in an MMO is just silly. Can it be annoying when people ignore PF or start being unreasonable? Sure, but they have every right to play how they wish. If you don't like it, don't RP with them.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 07 Mar 2014, 12:17 »

Well Lyn if you want to get upset at people, get upset at me too. I'm the one who wrote Misjump for Simca's year long break/quit from EVE, and I'm the reason he has to follow the precedent set on his return.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #28 on: 07 Mar 2014, 12:33 »

Its an awesome precedent though.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #29 on: 07 Mar 2014, 13:15 »

Well that's where I disagree then. My own view on the matter is that you are not playing alone but with other people, and the excuse "I do what I want because I pay for it" is just like saying "I can sit on any rule because I pay for it and want to have my fun that way". My freedom ends where someone else's begins and all that.

This, essentially. I mean, this is why RP corps even exist - to facilitate your immersion/interests with others that share them. To expect that to go beyond to everyone in an MMO is just silly. Can it be annoying when people ignore PF or start being unreasonable? Sure, but they have every right to play how they wish. If you don't like it, don't RP with them.

That would work in any other MMO, but not in Eve. Every one plays in the same scenery, with the same actions and consequences, and the same RP. You can't ignore what other people do in Eve, or it's the door open to solipsism everywhere.

Well Lyn if you want to get upset at people, get upset at me too. I'm the one who wrote Misjump for Simca's year long break/quit from EVE, and I'm the reason he has to follow the precedent set on his return.

Misjump was an awesome idea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6