Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Serpentis Corporation was initially a Gallentean research firm that evolved into a drug cartel? Read more here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: I need some input from you kind wonderful folks.  (Read 8865 times)

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.

CONCORD is still investigating under tight security. After days of exhaustive investigation, they have only determined that the stargate failed to double check the safety status of the jump-requesting ship, and spun the miniature wormhole around the vessel anyways. Whether by stroke of bad luck, or some as yet unknown cause of conflicting technologies.... Simca Develon never emerged from the other side of that stargate.

This makes me do this  :bash:

I want to bring Simca back. I know you've heard it before, but this time tis actually gonna happen. I passed the class I need to graduate last semester so not as much pressure and in my last one. My problem with this is that I want the time to go by for Simca and for her ship, but I don't know what to call the space she ends up in. I'm thinking null space, but wanted to poke everyone's brain to see if there's any PF about it. Saede mentioned a chron, but I couldn't find it or I may be blind lol. Anyway thanks in advance for any input. See you guys soon™
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: I need some input from you kind wonderful folks.
« Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2014, 22:44 »

http://community.eveonline.com/backstory/chronicles/the-peralles-incident/

This is the chronicle. Simca disappeared out in nullsec, so presumably she would reappear in nullsec. If you mean what sort of space she was in-between?

Well, I had always assumed that time wouldn't have passed at all for her, and she simply would have "lost" that year. It would feel like time travel for her.

If she actually went somewhere and spent that year DOING things in that somewhere, then I guess it is up to you for what to do with that. Maybe hell, maybe an alternate dimension, maybe dreamland. I dunno. There's no PF precedent set for that.

Ember Vykos

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 04 Mar 2014, 22:55 »

Thanks Kat. I meant more where she ended up after she jumped. Should have been more specific on that.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 04 Mar 2014, 23:25 »

Maybe she didn't actually go anywhere. Maybe she's just still been 'in transit'.

The handful of SG-1 episodes involving solar flares come to mind.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 04 Mar 2014, 23:29 »

Yes. So basically, she comes out on the other side of the same stargate she jumped into. She starts in System A, and uses the stargate to jump to System B. ... one year later, she finally pops up in local in System B. She didn't go anywhere else. It simply took her 365 days of lag to finally load local chat for system B!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #5 on: 04 Mar 2014, 23:35 »

Her ship tumbles out of a nullsec stargate lightyears from where she went in, twisted and on fire, half of her ship is vented to space. But that isn't all, because time definitely was not at a standstill for Simca Devalon in that dark space between, oh no, she remembers it. Have her and her crew become slaves to the creeping madness that lurks in the dark between stargates? Have they seen the monsters that lurk in the between space? Do they try to raise alarm to something moving unseen in the darkness? Are they sane at all? So much interesting RP to be had there.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 04 Mar 2014, 23:49 »

Jumped all the way out to the Delta quadrant and will require Borg conduits to return home.

Ember Vykos

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 05 Mar 2014, 12:30 »

Her ship tumbles out of a nullsec stargate lightyears from where she went in, twisted and on fire, half of her ship is vented to space. But that isn't all, because time definitely was not at a standstill for Simca Devalon in that dark space between, oh no, she remembers it. Have her and her crew become slaves to the creeping madness that lurks in the dark between stargates? Have they seen the monsters that lurk in the between space? Do they try to raise alarm to something moving unseen in the darkness? Are they sane at all? So much interesting RP to be had there.

Saede... :cube:

Don't want to spoil anything but I've been thinking along these lines since I first thought of bringing Simca back. Thanks for the links those help a lot.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #8 on: 05 Mar 2014, 12:34 »

I love the whole 'madness between the stars' thing. Its a storyline I'm playing with a bit on an alt, and Saede believes in all sorts of 'gates are bad' conspiracies, which is why she rather dislikes using stargates. I've got it tied to the whole 'something between life and death' thing, and if you want to get me involved in said RP arc, I'd love you long time.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #9 on: 05 Mar 2014, 12:46 »

AND WITH A SINGLE BOUND, SHE WAS FREE

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 05 Mar 2014, 12:49 »

Well this is certainly going to be interesting...

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #11 on: 05 Mar 2014, 13:33 »

shadowy corporate figure re-animates Simca using discarded skin cells from some years ago, and a suitable personality template, with a few extra pseudo-memories loaded on as well.

And built a suitable ship, and artificially aged it, so that it looks exactly as if Simca has emerged.

But who would do such a thing? and Why ?

The FIO? , the Caldari Navy Secret Service ? , the Jovians ? , I-RED's secret psych-warfare black ops secret division that is so secret that even they aren't sure if they exist ?
\o/

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #12 on: 05 Mar 2014, 13:40 »

I am keen on hearing more of this.

The suggested instance of time having not passed by for her would create massively good RP opportunities for you and Kat, with Kat having moved on and all that good jazz. As to where she'd reappear, have her emerge in a hole of worms at nearby mystery monolith/device and be like "wat".

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 05 Mar 2014, 13:42 »

Well, it seems that you already made up your mind but I highly prefer Louella's version since it doesn't imply the lost Simca to come back to space. I feel that doing so greatly diminishes the chronicle that has been taken as an inspiration and removes all the mystery that makes it great.

While I like Istvaan idea on what lies in between, actually making it come alive is totally counter productive and ruins everything for me. I would tell him or anyone else the same thing. It's threading into godmodding territory and inventing stuff that directly impacts the laws of the universe itself.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #14 on: 05 Mar 2014, 13:56 »

what was that film, with the guy who was a sleeper agent, but may not know it. Was it the Manchurian Candidate ?

Or one of those Outer Limits episodes or something.

same setup. As far as Simulated Simca knows, she is Simca, and that "Some Time" has passed, with confusing memories of the intervening time. Is she really Simca ?

A brain in a jar in Plato's Cave. Or something.
\o/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6