Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Hyasyoda megacorporation is part of the 'liberal' faction, but is internally extremely conservative in business and its internal culture, with a great deal of pressure for employees to 'fit in'? It is still largely owned by the founding Osmon family.

Author Topic: Define RP  (Read 935 times)

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger
Define RP
« on: 04 Mar 2014, 05:33 »

In reference to this.

TIL that sucking cocks is synonymous to being gay, who knew?

Some quality poor moderation there Havohej; you need to start understanding joke context. The only people who are labelling this as homophobic are homophobes themselves.
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2014, 06:25 by Sofia Roseburn »

Jessa

• Clonejack
Re: Define RP
« Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2014, 06:26 »

Basically, it's part of coloquial language. No one who says "it's gay" doesn't mean it totally sucks penises, ergo it's bad.
It's just how language evolved, and there is nothing homophobic about it. Now, here comes someone who tries to defend homosexual people by saying it aimed at them and it's clear remark. Now that's homophobic. Thank you, goodnight.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: Define RP
« Reply #2 on: 04 Mar 2014, 08:43 »

Right... because everybody who actually knows me in this game doesn't know I'm bisexual.

Joke context means nothing.  Homophobic remarks have become "a joke" on the internet.  It's been that way for years.  The word "nigger" has become acceptable in the black community.  That doesn't make it okay here.  The words "gay" and "faggot" having gained popularity on the internet also does not make them okay here.

Backstage is not the internet.  It is on the internet.  There is a difference.  Everything that is socially acceptable on the internet is not socially acceptable here.  Deal with it or greyname yourself.  I really don't care.

You know where to find the rules and FAQ for this forum.  Review them.

Topic closed.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.