Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Achura has been part of the State for three centuries? For more, read here.

Author Topic: Character Dev Ideas  (Read 667 times)

Bayushi Tamago

• Lady of Many Faces
  • Clonejack
    • Threaded Pixels
Character Dev Ideas
« on: 08 Mar 2014, 13:12 »

Hi
So, I'm reading up on some things while I'm working on my full background, which I plan to reveal more of as I write. I want to try to stick to canon as best I can, while twisting it just enough to serve my needs.

I was reading a chronicle related to my path, and it is very similar to what I was thinking of doing for my own story, so what's the rules on borrowing or weaving yourself into a chronicle? It's rather open ended, barely naming names, and it seems a good launching point for entering the Faith. I don't want to claim to be the main character, but someone that was there.

Dessau

Re: Character Dev Ideas
« Reply #1 on: 08 Mar 2014, 14:52 »

Gonna take a stab at it as a neophyte: I'd wager as long as you aren't writing yourself as having influenced the events of PF, it won't ruffle many feathers. Seems to me that PF is made for this sort of thing anyway.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 08 Mar 2014, 16:07 »

If you state that you were here when Jamyl condemned Karsoth to death, no... Since they did that in privacy.

If you state that you were here at the public execution of Eturrer, definitely yes, it was full of people.

If you state that you were at an event not completely closed but with sufficiently few numbers of figures present, then maybe thread carefully, I would say. Depends of the context...

Bayushi Tamago

• Lady of Many Faces
  • Clonejack
    • Threaded Pixels
« Reply #3 on: 08 Mar 2014, 16:13 »

Gonna take a stab at it as a neophyte: I'd wager as long as you aren't writing yourself as having influenced the events of PF, it won't ruffle many feathers. Seems to me that PF is made for this sort of thing anyway.

Alright. Well, it's stuff I'll be posting over in the fiction from now on. I may even end up standardizing my character bio post a bit more as time goes one.

Hopefully what I'm planning to do won't upset anyone :)
Thanks for the help

If you state that you were here when Jamyl condemned Karsoth to death, no... Since they did that in privacy.

If you state that you were here at the public execution of Eturrer, definitely yes, it was full of people.

If you state that you were at an event not completely closed but with sufficiently few numbers of figures present, then maybe thread carefully, I would say. Depends of the context...

Neither of those. Semi-secluded setting, but manageable I think.