Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ladette Russeot is a Gallentean woman who in YC106, at age 17, hacked the code used by deadspace warp beacons that had been proclaimed unhackable just days before.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The children of capsuleers  (Read 1939 times)

PracticalTechnicality

Re: The children of capsuleers
« Reply #15 on: 09 Feb 2014, 15:38 »

Not sure what could prevent a capsuleer theoretically buying a whole lot of gestation tubes and becoming a brood mother/father after a few months.

Your very own baby factories! \o/

The first such wave will arrive in ~8 years or so, if any of the early capsuleers did this back in YC 105, yes ?

Imagine if Sansha's Nation did it? Why you'd have an entire generation of indoctrinated people ready and willing to fight for the vision of a new future for humanity or something.

As far as I was concerned, I thought this was the actual explanation for how Sansha spontaneously crewed the massive fleets seen in the Incursion live events? Considering he was loosing more crew in some of those events than he was abducting, he had to have been (and still has to be) getting tremendous numbers of crew from some source.

This was kind of my understanding, but not quite.  I thought that the people taken in the most recent incursions are essentially a replenishment and diversification pool of genetic material, due to the dated nature of many former True Slaves and the strain of cloning and recloning biomass over and over again to fulfill the breath taking quota of bodies required to keep the Nation machine moving. 

I did not understand Nation to have children as we would understand them, but instead thought they to harvest everything of use from the people they take - their skills and minds right down to their gametes, ensuring a clinical and industrial scale of 'breeding' in 'human gardens' that make the tube child project look like a school science fair project.  When the supply of first generation reproductive cells (ovum cells specifically) runs out, traditional cloning is required.  Over time, this debases the genetic material of the clones in question, to the point where a new harvest is required on the scale seen most recently. 

The fact this has taken 100 years and required the development of wormhole travel technology would indicate to me the decrepitude of the 'old' Nation and the lack of traditional means of reproduction on the required scale. 

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 10 Feb 2014, 17:25 »

I think Mitara went through the full 9 months without getting podded, for both of the kids and while flying in the war zone. Now that is hard core.  :D
A couple of Mitara's defining RP moments I guess, thanks :)

Still can't believe she made it through both times considering my luck in combat sometimes!  I drew the inspiration for Mitty's war mongering while carrying from Innocent Faces.  It's my favorite chronicle.  I think it really shows how strongly Amarr can feel about their faith and duty.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 20 Feb 2014, 02:23 »

I managed to not get podded for the whole nine months, either time, and I was honest with myself about the start of the pregnancy, too. I believe Mata did the same - both of us bowed out of a number of fleets.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.
Pages: 1 [2]